Tell us 1 thing you love, and 1 thing you highly dislike about your home resort.

Home Resort:Boardwalk Villas

Love:
being so close to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios
being close to Beach Club Villas and Beaches
theme of the resort
Boardwalk Bakery
Pizza Window
Hot Dog Cart on boardwalk
a great run/walk path

Dislike:
there is no place to grab a quick snack or food (like Beach Club Marketplace)
Big River Grille (never had a good meal)
only 1 elevator
As I remember, there are at least two elevators at boardwalk villas

We own Three places, SSR, AKL, AUL

SSR: Love the boat system to DD
Dislike the SPA though it just got rehabbed and I have not visited since

AKL: Love the concierge level
Dislike walk from Kidani to Jambo

AUL: Love that I can drive to it
Dislike how much is costs to park if you are day guest and not staying on points. $35:earseek:

I love the location but wish runDisney would use this location more often as a host resort for races.

VWL: Love the theming, the peaceful atmosphere and listening to the horns of the boats on Bay Lake.

Hate that it isn't on the monorail system:(

BWV :
Love the lower points costs overall and the standard view options
LOVE the location and being able to walk or take the boat (no buses) to EPCOT and DHS,
Love the atmosphere, shops, dining and quiet pool :goodvibes

Dislike: No indoor counter service option

AKV:
Love the theming
Love the 1 and two bedrooms at Kidani
Love the food choices and Mara for counter service
Love the walk between the two resorts, helps digest all the good food!
Love the proximity to AKP.

Dislike: it's remoteness and distance from the rest of WDW and the bus only options.
It's studios, there's no place for a second suitcase! Don't like not having a larger closet, just the wardrobe.

BWV:

LOVE the location, there's no place I'd rather stay than within easy walking distance to Epcot, and I love bring able to easily walk to the Studios as well.
Love the boardwalk at night, love the standard view points, love the decor.

Hate:no counter service place to grab a quick bite, and I really hate when the buses stop at BW, Swolphin, YC AND BC.
It's sad that I consider it a good day when we're on the BW, Swan, Dolphin only schedule.

HHI:
LOVE:the whole feel of the resort, the live oaks, the smell of the pine needles carpeting the ground, the fact that its on its own little island, being right across from Shelter Cove, the cast members(best in the Disney corporation, IMO), shuffleboard, corn hole, campfires, the Beach House, the big porches with full size picnic tables, the pool slide, the relaxation we enjoy there, renting bikes, spending entire days doing nothing but sitting by the pool reading, swimming and eating, the hammocks..

Hate:the most uncomfortable couches ever! Eject-o-couch. Slide right off..

BWV:

LOVE the location, there's no place I'd rather stay than within easy walking distance to Epcot, and I love bring able to easily walk to the Studios as well.
Love the boardwalk at night, love the standard view points, love the decor.

Hate:no counter service place to grab a quick bite, and I really hate when the buses stop at BW, Swolphin, YC AND BC.
It's sad that I consider it a good day when we're on the BW, Swan, Dolphin only schedule.

HHI:
LOVE:the whole feel of the resort, the live oaks, the smell of the pine needles carpeting the ground, the fact that its on its own little island, being right across from Shelter Cove, the cast members(best in the Disney corporation, IMO), shuffleboard, corn hole, campfires, the Beach House, the big porches with full size picnic tables, the pool slide, the relaxation we enjoy there, renting bikes, spending entire days doing nothing but sitting by the pool reading, swimming and eating, the hammocks..

Hate:the most uncomfortable couches ever! Eject-o-couch. Slide right off..

SS Beautiful ground, great pool. Hate the beds. Not plush at all.

We have 3 home resorts-BCV, OKW, and HHI.

BCV
love the sandy area by the pool
hate that they took the gelato area out of the bakery, especially miss the pistachio

OKW
love the individual buildings and parking, the "home" feel
hate that the buildongs don't all have elevators

HHI
love the marsh views
hate that Tide Me Over doesn't have more offerings.

I miss the gelato too! Especially the pistachio! I've actually driven to the Portofino at universal for theirs!

BWV
Love: the location to Epcot and Studios, the pool bar and the quiet pool
Dislike: nothing really

BCV
Love: the location
Dislike: the pool and pool bar

SSR
Love: the location, the walk to OKW and DTD
Dislike: windows don't open, limited access to outside

AKL
Love: sitting on the balcony and watching the animals
Dislike: the location

BWV

Loves: Theme, location, Flying Fish at my door step.
Dislike: 1 elevator on the villa side. The bus sharing situation.

SSR - tree houses,

Couldn't decide on one thing only....

Love sitting and dining al fresco on the large decks after a long day at the parks and the interior decor

Dislike the absence of a sliding patio door to the deck. If you are out there and the door closes and you are without your key you are locked out. Dislike the bus transfers and waits, really need your own or a rental car

SSR - non tree house villas

Love the spacious interiors, design & décor of the villas, love the Turf Club,
Dislike the exterior corridors, resort is so spread out, no room service,

AKL - Love the savannah views, both the lobby & viewing decks at both Jumbo house & Kidani

AKL - Kidani - dislike the absence of quick service and the very limited offerings in the shop. AKL Jumbo- can't really think of any dislikes, other than I like the Kidani pool better than I like the Jumbo Pool.

OKW ,size of rooms,boat to DTD,quiet pools,Hanks,Papa's Den,
Olivia's,just a calm peaceful resort. Lighthouse Sauna.
Jimmy Buffett music.

Gosh I just don't dislike---- I HATE the updates they made-and those
blasted blinds are awful!!! The updates in my opinion were cheap and
not in the style of the resort at all.

P.S.
Time to get rid of the bedspreads.

Hugs Mel

BWV: I dislike the lonnngggg hallways and bus sharing takes forever. Love everything else about it.

AKV: too far from everywhere. Cab fares are too high because of that. If we are in the mood to go over to monorail resorts for dinner/ drinks and come home late, cabs cost a fortune and travel on WDW transportation takes too long.
Other than that its our second favorite resort.

SSR:
love the lush landscaping. It's a beautiful place to walk around which we enjoy because we are walkers.
Dislike that they changed the points for THV. It was the perfect fit for us, but now it's not worth the points for us as we only have 200 points

ssr, home, but have never stayed there because of location. we are going to try that soon.;)

blt, home, love location, monorail, cali grill, the wave and the extra bathroom, and the pull out chair/bed. hate the total cement look and feel and the fact that they do not have lots of pretty christmas decorations. if you stay in a room inside the curve at christmas you will have the view of christmas trees in almost every room window, wow that is beautiful. i agree that it would be nice if they had sheers on the room windows. ::yes::

akl, home, love the beautiful atmosphere and homey feeling the minute you walk into the lobby. love the animals, fantastic christmas decorations and display of other holiday arts, jiko and boma are tops, and if staying at kidani you have the extra bath. also get that lovely pull out chair. we love club level, but it is hard to get even at 11 months out now. hate the fact that cms at akl are not as nice as they used to be. pixiedust:

AKV (Kidani) - love the animals (and the decor), hate the long hallways
OKW - love the theming and relaxed feel of the resort, somewhat dislike the fact that the studios have 2 beds instead of the bed and a pullout...but that's only when it's just the two of us because we'd prefer to have the sofa for TV watching, etc.
Vero Beach - love the ocean view inn rooms, hate that you can't really see the ocean from most of the villas (again, if it's just two of us, would prefer the studio setup with the bed plus pullout, but miss having the ocean view...and proximity to the Green Cabin Room)

So much to love, so little time! ;)

BWV
LIKE: love the location

DISLIKE: all of this other people that want to stay at my resort:rotfl: and take up all the rooms:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter