Tell us 1 thing you love, and 1 thing you highly dislike about your home resort.

VWL is not my home resort (but would/will be in the future!) (I've already entered my opinion on AKV :) )

VWL - love the lobby, music, deer, bunnies and ducks, smell, sounds of kids in the pool as we walk to the boat dock, geyser, total feeling of relaxation.

VWL - hate that the spiders that take over the ropes on the dock at night.

Also hate the one palomino bug that thew the boat back to VWL from the MK into a panic :rotfl: Spiders are one thing... but when someone says "you have a giant roach on you" and flicks it to the ground under people's feet in the dark ... :rotfl2: Poor Skipper thought he was going to lose half the boat overboard.

VWL is not my home resort (but would/will be in the future!) (I've already entered my opinion on AKV :) )

VWL - love the lobby, music, deer, bunnies and ducks, smell, sounds of kids in the pool as we walk to the boat dock, geyser, total feeling of relaxation.

VWL - hate that the spiders that take over the ropes on the dock at night.

Also hate the one palomino bug that thew the boat back to VWL from the MK into a panic :rotfl: Spiders are one thing... but when someone says "you have a giant roach on you" and flicks it to the ground under people's feet in the dark ... :rotfl2: Poor Skipper thought he was going to lose half the boat overboard.

Um what???? I was going to call my guide to put my name on the waiting list for VWL. Um what's this about spiders????

Um what???? I was going to call my guide to put my name on the waiting list for VWL. Um what's this about spiders????

Just don't lean on the ropes at night ... they're peaceful little guys, but you don't want to bring them back to your room with you.

BWV
LIKE: love the location

DISLIKE: all of this other people that want to stay at my resort:rotfl: and take up all the rooms:rotfl2:

Love it! Had to laugh, so true!

BWV - love the beach, proximity to EPCOT and a boat ride to DHS. Nice selection of restaurants all around the area. Relaxing atmosphere.

Dislike - like many, many other posters - the bus trip to BW, S&D. Seems to take FOREVER!!! Also, used to be able to sit on the balcony and see Epcot. One of my favorite times in the morning. Now those darn trees are growing and they are blocking my view!:)

VWL - love the theming, the rooms.

Dislike - The dumpster view.

BCV's is my WDW Home

I Love --- the location next to Epcot, Stormalong Bay Pools, and parking next to the DVC.

I Hate --- that only some of the 2BR have 2 queens -- and I always have to stress over booking quick enough to get a 2queen room.

SSR - Love the price we paid for it in 2005. Compared to what they are selling DVC for now, we got a real bargain.

Hate: Don't know as we have never stayed there Have had plenty of reservations, but have always been able to switch at 7 months.

VWL

Love - almost everything! Love the connivance to get to MK, love the atmosphere, love how its peaceful but still close to action, love the pools, love Roaring Forks, love the lobby, love the rooms! Sorry, couldn't name just one.

It took us over 10 years to finally stay there and now we will probably never say anywhere else again!

Hate - one flaw is while it is close to MK, only way to get there is by boat or bus. I wish it had the monorail!:rotfl2:

AKV-

Love: animals, theming, pool
Hate: distance from most parks and no QS at Kidani

We've invested in a few resorts -- but our first resort was Vero Beach. I love everything about Vero Beach. I hate the annual maintenance fees.

We've invested in a few resorts -- but our first resort was Vero Beach. I love everything about Vero Beach. I hate the annual maintenance fees.

Off topic...maybe I should PM you. Could you do a whole week at Vero Beach? Is there enough to do?

OKW

Love - the incredibly lush, vibrant landscaping.

Hate - the absence of a large, indoor quick service eatery. Given the size of OKW and the frequent summer rains, there really should be one. Goods to Go is too small to provide adequate service for a resort this size.

VWL
Love - serenity of the nature trail

Dislike - small pillows--they're too stiff (have also seen them at BLT, so it may be a DVC-wide issue)

BWV. I love everything about it but the parking. I don't mind the long walk up the hill but I hate it when they block off the lot on the convention side to DVCers staying at BWV and to paying guests of BWI. This happens on some weekends during Food and Wine and certain times during the Holidays. They block off the parking lot and then it pretty much remains empty. Meanwhile, the lot on the valet side fills up to overflowing. This leaves us two options...parking behind the gas station or paying for Valet.

BLT. The studios are just way too small. It seems crowded even with two people.

VWL
Love - serenity of the nature trail

Nature trail? Do tell me more! I love to watch nature/wildlife. One of my favorite rooms at BCV had a Hawk in a tree outside every morning-it was like he was waiting for me.

BWV

Love - practically everything

Dislike - hmmmm - hate that I don't have more points there. :rotfl2: I don't know. I guess I would love a QS right there but I haven't been to the new BB as yet.

SSR

Love - the staff - have always had such friendly and helpful CMs.

Dislike - outdoor hallways (although it keeps the dues down)

Nature trail? Do tell me more! I love to watch nature/wildlife. One of my favorite rooms at BCV had a Hawk in a tree outside every morning-it was like he was waiting for me.

There is a trail that goes from VWL/WL to FW. Tranquil area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter