• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tell me ONE thing you do every trip!

We like our last park to always be MK and we eat at BOG for dinner that night. We also try at least one new restaurant and one new experience (fireworks cruise, tour, new attraction, etc).

Of the 4 times I have gone the only thing I did every time was ride the monorail!

I don't know if you'd call it tradition but using the what's happening in the park (or hotel if off property) as white noise is a constant!

I will follow along:
Eat: as many Mickey shaped items as possible with photo, caramel apple (Germany), pastry (France), Carrot Cake Cookie (HS)
Restaurant: when the kids were young 50s Primetime and Whispering Canyon (they loved the antics), now we try a NEW restaurant every trip
Ride: Soarin', Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Safari first thing in the am

Hubby and I always take the boats at POFQ to Disney Springs our first night at WDW and have a chill night there before launching into park mode the next day.

Ride the People Mover
Ride Spaceship Earth
Drink a Grand Mariner Slush
Go to Nomad Lounge
Ride the Skyliner
Beer at Baseline
Small bites at Brown Derby Lounge

Arrival night dinner always at Disney Springs (A new restaurant every trip)
Breakfast at Kona Cafe on Magic Kingdom day
Start and end our parks with Epcot
Soft serve at the Ice Cream truck near Everest in AK

It's usually a farewell monorail ride on departure day, when you just don't want to let go of the magic. :)

We have so many traditions now! Our kids are grown, and my husband and I cherish our couples trips there.

The biggest is Disney Bounding!!! My husband and I live for it - we add new outfits each time we go. We've got quite the collection now.

I'm not at Disney until I walk down Main Street, so MK is always my first park. We have to have a Dole Whip, Strawberry funnel cake, and enjoy the Tiki Room.

Epcot has us eating a scotch egg with a drink at the bar as soon as possible. We always spend too much money at the Japan pavilion.

Hollywood Studios is all about Star Wars for me now. As someone who was a kid when the original trilogy came out - I have been a lifelong fan. (we are going on the Galactic Starcruiser in Sept!)

Animal Kingdom is our favorite park. (we are master naturalists at home) I am in love with the vet procedures at Conservation Station. I once watched the entire 2 hour hysterectomy of a giant flemish rabbit. The vet and techs were so impressed, we got invited to a private backstage tour of the facility!! My fondest memory was filling out the entire Wilderness Explorer activity book - it was SO MUCH FUN and we saw parts of the park we never had before.

We always have breakfast at Kona Cafe early on the morning we leave. There is something entirely magical about it. During our trip it will be -closed- for refurbishment, and I'm absolutely heartbroken.

We pretty much always go to Geyser Point on our MK day for lunch/drinks. It's a great way to escape the madness of the parks for a break. Plus everything on that menu is amazing!

Animal Kingdom is our favorite park. (we are master naturalists at home) I am in love with the vet procedures at Conservation Station. I once watched the entire 2 hour hysterectomy of a giant flemish rabbit. The vet and techs were so impressed, we got invited to a private backstage tour of the facility!! My fondest memory was filling out the entire Wilderness Explorer activity book - it was SO MUCH FUN and we saw parts of the park we never had before.
I also love the vet procedures. I'd love a private backstage tour!
BTW, I know some master naturalists who are also in our bird watching organization. I'm always impressed with the amount of work involved.

Planning our next trip and looking for ideas. I haven't been in 6 years and my partner hasn't been in 26 years!!
Wow, be sure and ride the People Mover, and the monorail to give you a better perspective of things. Also we pick a spot near Casey’s Corner to sit and just people watch. Fantastic!!!

Ride the Skyliner at least once, usually when we exit Epcot.

Do Kilimanjaro Safaris as often as possible--2 or 3 times in the same day, if it can work out.

Soak up the atmosphere and, as many others have said, be so grateful that we're able to do this.

Before we became locals, we always took at least one day off from the parks mid-week. We might spend part of the day at Disney Springs, but we always would resort hop. It is such fun to just explore the various resorts and grab a bite to eat or a snack. And you can take free Disney transportation to anywhere on property.

Some of our favorites include:

Animal Kingdom Lodge - exploring Jambo house, viewing animals from the savannah overlooks, and enjoying food from any of the restaurants (Boma, Jiko, and The Mara at Jambo, Sanaa at Kidani). You can also pick up Zebra Domes without booking Boma, from the refrigerated cases at Mara or in the shops.

Wilderness Lodge - Hop a boat from the docks in front of the Magic Kingdom and go enjoy a quiet and relaxing stroll around the grounds. The lobby area inside the main building is well worth exploring, as is the DVC lobby (which houses some Walt Disney train related memorabilia). Geyser Point Bar & Grill is one of our favorite resort locations for a leisurely lunch.

Port Orleans Riverside & French Quarter - another peaceful resort area located away from the busy theme parks. We like to hop on a boat at Disney Springs and enjoy the short ride to Port Orleans. Riverside has beautiful walking trails, and a fishin' hole (where you can rent a cane pole for catch & release fishing). And French Quarter is home to Scat Cat's Club, where you'll find Jazz music (from 5 PM - 12 AM) and those delicious, fresh-made beignets. You can also make reservations for a horse-drawn carriage ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter