Tell me ONE thing you do every trip!

Buy a bottle of Once Upon a Vine sparkling Wine for my hotel room. It's nice to come back from the parks and have a glass while getting ready for bed. I've also made, on occasion, a mimosa in the morning with some OJ or Cranberry Juice. It's a nice way to start the day with a smile on my face :)

I know you said one thing but here goes:
Get a dole whip at Aloha Isle at the Polynesian (don't stay there anymore ... I'm priced out).
Walk from the TTC to the Poly - then the Grand - then to Magic Kingdom. Love this walk!
Hit the safari at AK first thing upon arrival.
Breakfast at the Parissierie in the France pavillion.
Take WAY too many photos!

Hubby and I just started adults only Disney this year as our kids are teenagers. We finally get to ride the slow, dark rides! And enjoy the shops, landscaping, and Disney details like the hidden Mickeys.

Planning our next trip and looking for ideas. I haven't been in 6 years and my partner hasn't been in 26 years!!
Well, it depends. since you haven't been in so long, you will probably find that it doesn't matter -- almost everything will be magical.

When we used to go once or twice every year, I had to make a point of ensuring we saw or did at least one thing we'd never done before -- not necessarily on the WDW property. It might be a show or a parade or ride or off-site attraction.

We made reservations for a sit-down meal no more than twice & one was always a character meal.

Then we had little traditions. For example, I would get my mom settled on a bench for Illuminations (yeah, I know!), my friend, Kevin, would go shopping & I would go to the nearest patisserie for coffee, tea & pastries. What started as a genuine surprise for them ended up being a cherished tradition. They looked forward to my "surprise" & seeing what I picked for them.

Another example would be park hopping midday at least once where we took the ferry. There were often no more than 5 or 6 people on the ferry & we had the whole front to ourselves. Beautiful & refreshing.

I hope you have fun!

MK is always our first & last park day, we aren't home until I am walking down main street :lovestruc Try 1 new restaurant each visit, Must ride: HM, IASW, POTC, TOT, FOP, Soarin. Must eat ridiculous amounts of popcorn out of the new popcorn bucket I must buy (lol), Mickey Bars for my DD. I am shocked to see that nobody put down as a must do: Mission Space :rotfl2::crazy2: TGIF my friends.
I had to be helped off Mission: Space -- that's the one where you're assigned jobs, right? I got so sick I sat on the puke bench w/ my head between my knees for about 15 minutes while a CM was desperately trying to move me out. That alone seemed odd -- that's what the puke benches are for. Finally my mom ordered him to buzz off, saying I'd leave when I was d*mned well good & ready. I've suffered from vertigo my whole life & we knew that moving was simply not an option.

Yeah, I don't recommend that for a good time....

I had to be helped off Mission: Space -- that's the one where you're assigned jobs, right? I got so sick I sat on the puke bench w/ my head between my knees for about 15 minutes while a CM was desperately trying to move me out. That alone seemed odd -- that's what the puke benches are for. Finally my mom ordered him to buzz off, saying I'd leave when I was d*mned well good & ready. I've suffered from vertigo my whole life & we knew that moving was simply not an option.

Yeah, I don't recommend that for a good time....
Puke Bench? I never knew this was a thing?

Check in with all the animals on the trails and safari in AK.
Have an avocado margarita in Mexico.
Ride the people mover.

This is an interesting way to figure out the must do things at Disney. It's a hard one though.
Eat: Carrot Cake Cookie, Caramel Apple Germany
Ride: Soarin, Haunted Mansion, Toy Story Midway Mania, Safari (one from each park)
Restaurant: Skippers Canteen
Misc: buy new ears, try a new restaurant, buy a snack from each country in Epcot, watch the Dapper Dans, watch the Citizens of Hollywood (pre covid.... bring them back ASAP), Pin trade, Disney Bound
I failed at the just ONE thing. I told you it was hard. This list was just a few of the million things running through my mind.

Puke Bench? I never knew this was a thing?
LOL. I don't know the "technical" term! You know when you leave an attraction that has a lot of motion & there are benches lined against the walls of the exit route? They always look like a weird bus stop -- why are these things HERE? Who's going to just sit down HERE? Those benches are for people who had an adverse reaction to the attraction & need a moment to get their equilibrium back before they walk out. It's easier to give them a moment than to clean up the puke. (I'm looking at YOU, California Adventure person who tossed it all over the exit route & never told the cast so they could get it cleaned!)

I have always suffered from vertigo, but it has changed over the years, so I like to test my endurance now & then, to see what my current capability is. I was most definitely NOT ready for this one. To her credit, my mother, who had warned me against going on the ride, never said "I told you so".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter