Tell me about Saratoga Springs!

rdsx28

Proud Member of Red Sox Nation!
Hi all,
WL is our home and it’s booked for October. Our daughter wants to visit with a friend in October and we have the option of booking Saratoga. Please tell me what you like about it, the best area to stay in (we would be looking for a studio) and how the transportation is to the parks. Thanks for the help as I’m clueless about this resort!!

You should check out the DVC resort forum and their SSR thread. We love the hotel! Start there and if you still have questions, let me know!

Love SSR. You can walk to disney springs. Also from the springs you can take a bus to any of the resorts so if you book a dinner at a resort you have transportation there. Best location is personal preference. I like paddock pool for the pool or the springs for location to main building and boat to ds

Love SSR. You can walk to disney springs. Also from the springs you can take a bus to any of the resorts so if you book a dinner at a resort you have transportation there. Best location is personal preference. I like paddock pool for the pool or the springs for location to main building and boat to ds
Read my thoughts!!

Check whether you’re booking Standard or Preferred; Most people’s favorite standard room location is Paddock due to its feature pool and QS restaurant (a smaller number prefer Grandstand for being close to dining, no one seems to prefer Carousel); for preferred people have split preferences between congress park (very short walk to Disney Springs) and The Springs (very close to pool/dining).

It’s very relaxed and actually feels more vacation-y than most of the resorts IMO.

No one touched on buses really yet, but we had zero issues. We were in paddock which I’m pretty sure is in the middle of the loop. Never had a full bus doing rope drop and closing down parks. I think we waited for another bus at mk but other then that never had a long wait. We rope dropped all 4 park days we did and we were the only ones on the bus 3 out of the 4.

This was during spring break so fairly busy time of the year.

TLDR - I wouldn’t have any worries over the buses at ssr

I think SSR really shines when you take full advantage of the resort - booking dinners and enjoying DS to the fullest, and even a pool day or two. agreed with PP that it can feel more resort-y and vacation-y than being in the hustle and bustle of other resorts

Check whether you’re booking Standard or Preferred; Most people’s favorite standard room location is Paddock due to its feature pool and QS restaurant (a smaller number prefer Grandstand for being close to dining, no one seems to prefer Carousel); for preferred people have split preferences between congress park (very short walk to Disney Springs) and The Springs (very close to pool/dining).

It’s very relaxed and actually feels more vacation-y than most of the resorts IMO.
I like to walk and prefer quiet locations so Grandstand buildings nearest the Treehouses and Carousel locations fit me well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter