Tell a DIS Vet Where to See IllumiNations

My favorite spot is just to the side of Germany in front of the market. It is closer to the African Outpost, but it is typically not that crowded and you are on the southeast side of the lagoon, so as long as the wind is from the south you will be fine. Also, the closer you are to the beer/pretzel cart in front of Werther's, you may get a free pretzel before the show. They typically start handing out free pretzels about 10-15 minutes before the show.

"or near Germany, there is a little area of the promenade that juts out into the water. There are often tables there where you can sit"

How early would you recommend finding a spot if we wanted to sit at the tables and are they up at the fence or will people pile in front of the tables blocking our view right before the show starts?

"or near Germany, there is a little area of the promenade that juts out into the water. There are often tables there where you can sit"

How early would you recommend finding a spot if we wanted to sit at the tables and are they up at the fence or will people pile in front of the tables blocking our view right before the show starts?
The tables are more standing tables and typically they are not up against the face on the water side. Most of the time I would just sit on the benches, so I could see the fireworks since you can't really see the globe. I would say depending on the time, if you showed up 15-30 minutes would be fine to get a table. Over the holidays, the tables are usually available about 15 minutes before the show.

I like Norway (across from the smoking section), no trees, the speakers are right there and usually a good spot to find if you are looking last minute
I've always liked the Norway viewing area. With the speakers so close, there's no potential of being bothered by loud (rude) groups pausing in the area or passing by on the walkway.

I always watch from torch #10. Never a problem finding a spot close to the railing.

There is also a good view from near torch #9, but the ideal area is only about 7 feet wide before you start getting obstructions.

there's only 1 dessert party location at Epcot, the rest are private parties that people/corporations book and that's why Fastpasser was speaking in plural there.
I thought maybe it was a reference to the party pre Frozen theme - had no idea if it was in the same place. Thanks for clarifying though :)

I found the best little spot last week... right next to Rose and Crown, there was a picture opportunity set up for Festival of the Arts. Right behind it there was the perfect room for my family of 4 along the fence. No-one knew there was a good spot there since it was hidden. Made for a great memory watching it for the last time. I cried like a baby as it was me and my moms favorite. She passed away last August so it was extra emotional for me. And, I was wearing her Mickey shirt from 1980:).

Is there anywhere with seating against or very near the fence? My DH cant stay on his feet too long and most of the time we sit somewhere in advance to get a good spot people crowd in front of us right before the show. I like the fountains in the hub at MK because we can sit on the edges and the fountain is directly in front of us which gives you some nice breathing room for the show!

We are going to be eating at Spice Road Table during Illuminations, seems like it will have great viewing and we have to eat anyway, so makes sense to me. We will just get there early and request a water side table and we will have a seat as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter