Tangled Lantern PP

We did this during our trip a couple weeks ago. Great shots, although the photographer could have framed is a bit better. Glad we did it at night instead of dusk as it the lighting effect from the lantern looks so much better. We were doing it during the fireworks, and we were trying to figure out if there was a way to get some fireworks in the background, but we just got the regular shots.

MK. If you've never been to the Rapunzel potty you must go. It's lovely. Used to be the prettiest potty at WDW but the Frozen potty is now a rival. I still think Rapunzel wins. They even put in her tower

So funny that you say this, because we always say that this is our favorite bathroom at Disney.

Related to the lantern photos... we were there earlier this month and the line was pretty long. Really cool concept, but only one photographer and a super long line.

So, does this run from a specific time or from dusk until park close? We're going in February, so it'll start getting dark much earlier than it would this time of year.

I think I heard that there is another opportunity for this kind of photo over by the Tea Cups, only with the lanterns from Alice in Wonderland. Can anyone confirm this?

So, does this run from a specific time or from dusk until park close? We're going in February, so it'll start getting dark much earlier than it would this time of year.

It starts at dusk. Not sure how long it runs for, but it just starts when it gets dark. So in February it'll be closer to 6/630.

I think I heard that there is another opportunity for this kind of photo over by the Tea Cups, only with the lanterns from Alice in Wonderland. Can anyone confirm this?

Yes! Not sure any details about this as we just stumbled upon it, but a Photopass photog was stationed in front of the teacups (on the side closest to Tomorrowland). It doesn't make for as cool a photo as the Tangled lanterns, because the teacups lantern doesn't shine very bright.

Screen Shot 2018-06-25 at 8.36.54 PM.png

It starts at dusk. Not sure how long it runs for, but it just starts when it gets dark. So in February it'll be closer to 6/630.

Yes! Not sure any details about this as we just stumbled upon it, but a Photopass photog was stationed in front of the teacups (on the side closest to Tomorrowland). It doesn't make for as cool a photo as the Tangled lanterns, because the teacups lantern doesn't shine very bright.

View attachment 332523

You still look great in the photos!

Yay! This was a must-do for me. We were there the end of January, and were like the third people in line. I think the line started forming 15 or so minutes before sunset, and was quite long once it was actually dark. When we were there, you took the photos directly in front of the main bathroom 'tower', but on the other side of the circular thing in the middle, lol. I think there's a little picnic area off to the side, and the photos happened right in front of the entrance. The photo below is basically where the photopass photographer stood. The line formed off to the left.
flopiutydn40.jpg

Bonus photo of us!!

View attachment 331828
This info was so helpful. Thanks!

UPDATE: Sunset was 8:31pm so we arrived at the Tangled area at 7:45pm. We sat on the low stone wall to the left, as shown in the post from Winnieofpooh. Close to 8:30 a PP photographer appeared and began talking to a couple. He pointed in our direction and told them that line was forming where we were sitting. I looked behind us and noticed that a long line had formed along the wall. After a few mins four PP photographers showed up with another camera and “the lantern”. It took them at least 15 minutes to set-up the shot (adjust the camera, tripod, test shots, etc). By the time they were ready it was dark.

Tip: Don’t do this if you want to get a good spot for fireworks. Maybe do it after fireworks?

We had a great experience at the Tangled Lantern PhotoPass during MNSSHP! We attempted to get this photo on 10/24, during Extra Magic Hours, but the line was pretty long. We wandered by at about 7:30PM on 10/25, and the PhotoPass team was tweaking out the lighting and testing of the photo. We had five families in front of us, and maybe waited 30 minutes. It was totally worth it, however. Her costume dress and the spectacular lighting setup made for quite a memory for our trip, that you can view below.

We plan on editing the photo to take out some of the bathroom lighting and what not, but we're still over the moon for what came from this PhotoPass location.

Attachments

• Sadie_Photo.jpg
    Sadie_Photo.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 101
We had a great experience at the Tangled Lantern PhotoPass during MNSSHP! We attempted to get this photo on 10/24, during Extra Magic Hours, but the line was pretty long. We wandered by at about 7:30PM on 10/25, and the PhotoPass team was tweaking out the lighting and testing of the photo. We had five families in front of us, and maybe waited 30 minutes. It was totally worth it, however. Her costume dress and the spectacular lighting setup made for quite a memory for our trip, that you can view below.

We plan on editing the photo to take out some of the bathroom lighting and what not, but we're still over the moon for what came from this PhotoPass location.
What an awesome pic!!!

I went while the Fireworks were going on. I've seen the HEA show several times & can't stand the crowds in front of the Castle for HEA so I was heading for the docks in Frontierland just to watch the actual Fireworks. As I was walking I noticed there were only a few people waiting for the Lantern Photo so I joined the line. Only waited less than 10 minutes and was able to watch the HEA Fireworks while I was waiting. If you don't mind missing the Castle projections I recommend going during the Fireworks as you should have a very short wait.

When we were there in August we got in line about an hour before it got dark! There were 4 parties ahead of us! The photographers didn't come out until it was completely dark out and arrived a bit later than we were told they normally had been showing up! The 1st 2 parties actually left as a few cast members had said that they weren't doing it that night! Luckily we didn't leave and I got one of my favorite pics with my mom

fullsizeoutput_21ff_zpsa38aiwqt.jpeg

I went while the Fireworks were going on. I've seen the HEA show several times & can't stand the crowds in front of the Castle for HEA so I was heading for the docks in Frontierland just to watch the actual Fireworks. As I was walking I noticed there were only a few people waiting for the Lantern Photo so I joined the line. Only waited less than 10 minutes and was able to watch the HEA Fireworks while I was waiting. If you don't mind missing the Castle projections I recommend going during the Fireworks as you should have a very short wait.
That's a great idea! We have a dessert party earlier in the week before our DAH. We could go during the fireworks while waiting for DAH to start!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter