Talk to me about motel noise

I always like to book with Marriott because I have status and can get flexible rates, without deposit. I'm running out of options for mid March, but there's still availability.

Of the quieter hotels, the closest I can get is Westin Anaheim Resort or Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Convention Center for around $315 per night.

Of the noisier, closeby hotels, the only good option is the Fairfield at $347 per night (uggggh).

I do have Hilton status too, and The Hilton Garden Inn is quite a bit cheaper ($248/ night), but requires a deposit and has a 7 day cancelation.

At this point, it's between the Residence Inn and The Westin... I don't mind walking a bit further if I can get a nicer, quieter room with a late checkout.

But, the Hilton could still be good because I can most likely get a room in the non highway side... but not likely get a late checkout. And I'd have to pay a deposit... which I don't like.

Help me decide - what would you choose if you were noise sensitive and were okay with a 15-min ish walk?

I always like to book with Marriott because I have status and can get flexible rates, without deposit. I'm running out of options for mid March, but there's still availability.

Of the quieter hotels, the closest I can get is Westin Anaheim Resort or Residence Inn Anaheim Resort Convention Center for around $315 per night.

Of the noisier, closeby hotels, the only good option is the Fairfield at $347 per night (uggggh).

I do have Hilton status too, and The Hilton Garden Inn is quite a bit cheaper ($248/ night), but requires a deposit and has a 7 day cancelation.

At this point, it's between the Residence Inn and The Westin... I don't mind walking a bit further if I can get a nicer, quieter room with a late checkout.

But, the Hilton could still be good because I can most likely get a room in the non highway side... but not likely get a late checkout. And I'd have to pay a deposit... which I don't like.

Help me decide - what would you choose if you were noise sensitive and were okay with a 15-min ish walk?
If you've got Suite Night Awards burning a whole in your pocket, Residence Inn has suites that are better for families...lots of 2 BRs. Most of the Westin upgrade opportunities appear to be King suites.

I’d choose Residence inn because it has a kitchen. But we have food allergies and will actually cook at the hotel. Do you need one or would you like a resort feel?

I’d choose Residence inn because it has a kitchen. But we have food allergies and will actually cook at the hotel. Do you need one or would you like a resort feel?
We've stayed there before and really liked it. They had a breakfast included last time that was really good. Thought it would be fun to check out the Westin, since it's the same price. Both would be fine... just a bit further to walk than I would've liked...

What status do you have with Marriott and Hilton? I'd probably recommend the Residence Inn if you had lower status and the Westin if you were at least Platinum because of breakfast. Marriott has their double elite night + 1K points promotion right now and their points will likely still be more valuable than Hilton's after this year's devaluation so I would go with Marriott over Hilton.

If you were Gold with both Marriott and Hilton due to having the Amex Platinum or something, then Hilton might start to make a bit more sense because you may not need the Marriott elite nights and could get a better breakfast. My experience with the Garden Grove Garden Inn is that they are willing to comp off the price difference for breakfast so I could get the most expensive omelette for free. I haven't stayed at the closer Garden Inn yet but your breakfast there would still likely be better than the Residence Inn and you would be saving money. The Convention Center Hilton has high food prices, so you likely won't go very far with your elite dining credit.

We stayed at the Residence Inn previously and thought it was ok. We had a kitchen but never used it. This year I think we are going to stay at the Westin. I've talked myself out of the Best Western and decided I'll choose comfort over distance.

That is an insane price per night for the Fairfield. I'm so sorry the conversion is so awful right now! Yikes. That makes me wallet hurt jus thinking about it. We stayed there on our last trip (Aug 2019). I requested a 1st floor room facing the parking lot because we wanted the absolute shortest walk possible and to be semi-close to the pool. I didn't find it to be too noisy and we had a really nice location near the entrance. I'd stay there again but we've outgrown their basic room size and I loathe getting two hotels room for double the price. We're faithful to Marriot hotels but not for the rewards but because we get employee discounts which are amazing. I couldn't get anything super close for our trip next week so we're going to try out the Element. Couldn't stomach the thought of paying 2-6x more for something closer. I'll spring for an Uber if we can't handle the walk at night.

We also have stayed the Anaheim Desert Inn & suites and found that it was noisy but within our suite it wasn't bad. We had one of the rooms that had a small separate living room area. It was loud in that room but the bedrooms were kinda insulated from the noise. The fireworks echoed off all the buildings in the area and that one hotel with the rooftop bar was super loud but we didn't notice it in our room.

That is an insane price per night for the Fairfield. I'm so sorry the conversion is so awful right now! Yikes. That makes me wallet hurt jus thinking about it. We stayed there on our last trip (Aug 2019). I requested a 1st floor room facing the parking lot because we wanted the absolute shortest walk possible and to be semi-close to the pool. I didn't find it to be too noisy and we had a really nice location near the entrance. I'd stay there again but we've outgrown their basic room size and I loathe getting two hotels room for double the price. We're faithful to Marriot hotels but not for the rewards but because we get employee discounts which are amazing. I couldn't get anything super close for our trip next week so we're going to try out the Element. Couldn't stomach the thought of paying 2-6x more for something closer. I'll spring for an Uber if we can't handle the walk at night.

We also have stayed the Anaheim Desert Inn & suites and found that it was noisy but within our suite it wasn't bad. We had one of the rooms that had a small separate living room area. It was loud in that room but the bedrooms were kinda insulated from the noise. The fireworks echoed off all the buildings in the area and that one hotel with the rooftop bar was super loud but we didn't notice it in our room.
We're going sep 22-26 and the Fairfield Marriot anaheim resort is quoting me a rate of $229/night....seems like a great rate for a close hotel (it IS close right?)

We're going sep 22-26 and the Fairfield Marriot anaheim resort is quoting me a rate of $229/night....seems like a great rate for a close hotel (it IS close right?)

It's one of the closest but it's also not a spectacularly low rate for the Fairfield which I typically see at just under $200 a night. That said, depending on when you're visiting, you're also not likely to find much that's cheaper and closer.

I'd personally prefer to stay a little bit further away at someplace nicer that also has free breakfast such as the Element but I know closeness is a huge priority for many people.

I agree with gelatoni fan. It's not a particularly good rate. Fairfield is a short walk but I'd rather stay at hotel with free breakfast. It makes our morning so much easier. We prioritized stay ing as close as possible when we had tiny kids that needed to nap so I didn't have to waste too much time walking back and forth for naps. We're past the nap stage now so look for different perks (although my hubby is a Marriott employee so we go where we get the best deal)

We just stayed at the Element and loved it. Rooms were huge and comfortable for our familyof 6. Breakfast was great. The walk was less than 15 minutes and we didn't find difficult at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter