Taking walk ups at Skippers Canteen today?

Disneytam

disneytam
Just got off the phone with a tour booking agent and asked about the ADR's for Skipper's Canteen. She said they just received an e-mail today that they are taking walk ups now but still no ADR's. Don't kill the messenger guy's but she read the e-mail why I was on the phone and said that it was her understanding that they were either now open or would be tomorrow. Still no bookings and she said to just keep checking but she thought it would be bookings after Christmas because as she said "we are just really swamped right now with new things to book" and she thought they would wait until after the crazy holiday rush.

Anybody there now that can confirm if it is open today or perhaps tomorrow?

1) We went there to check on the Soft Opening.
2) Alas, while still on Main Street, I was literally run over by an old woman on an ECV.
3) I was knocked to the ground and struck the curb.
. . . have a badly bloodied and sore left knee, and a wrenched back
. . . am walking on crutches
. . . fortunately, a CM was very handy and came to my rescue
. . . he inquired about my condition even before I had a chance to sit up
. . . then, he took me to First Aid
4) Will, have to wait a few days before I am brave enough to venture into MK, again.

2) Alas, while still on Main Street, I was literally run over by an old woman on an ECV.
. . . he, then, took me to First Aid
4) Will, have to wait a few days before I am brave enough to venture into MK, again.

Did she even stop to check on you?

1) She stopped further down and looked back toward us, then continued on her merry way.
2) The CM helping me even uttered a few thoughts regarding her striking me and not stopping.
3) His verbiage was not very "Disney-like" . . . but highly apropos.
That stinks, I hope you feel better soon, Mr Scupper!

1) She stopped further down and looked back toward us, then continued on her merry way.
2) The CM helping me even uttered a few thoughts regarding her striking me and not stopping.
3) His verbiage was not very "Disney-like" . . . but highly apropos.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you feel better soon.

This exact same thing happened to my mother in law last December at MVMCP in the handicap seating area. She ended up on a gurney and we ended up leaving and searing off MVMCP for ever. Hope you're feeling ok.

You mean the ECV is more dangerous at MK than the golf carts at Ft Wilderness? :lmao::rotfl2:

1) Think there is no bout-a-doubt this.
2) People at The Fort, even the kiddie drivers, have "some sense" of courtesy.
3) At the parks, many ECV riders think the cart is a battering ram, and use it as such.

I am so sorry Rusty. This is terrible. I don't know the answer to the ECV crazies!! I have severe COPD and could not tour any of WDW now because of shortness of breath without an ECV. But while using the scooter I am TOTALLY FOCUSED on driving and working to avoid those that jump in front of me. This is the responsibility of the driver
There is NO EXCUSE for what happened to you. I hope you feel better soon.

Whew. Seems to me this is a HUGE civil liability issue -- either the drivers themselves, or WDW for not keeping a better handle on this.

Hope you're feeling better.

Hope you feel better soon.

It has gotten to be an obstacle coarse with all the moving "vehicles" in the park and too many careless "drivers/pushers"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter