Take Your 2-Year-Old to Disney! Aug '17 TR * COMPLETE 1/10/19

When requesting the Rider Swap pass, do you need to bring your child to the ride in order for them to confirm that you need a Rider Swap? Also (I think this was implied for your TOT ride), can you book one FP+ for one adult and then collect a Rider Swap for the second adult? Or do both adults need the same FP+?

Yay!!!!!!! How exciting!!!! Yes, the trip will be different but it will be so much better in so many new and magical ways!!!! @cindianne320 gave you some good answers already but I'll answer too :)

Yes, you have to bring your entire party to the ride entrance in order to use Rider Swap, including the child. When the Rider Swap system switched from paper to Magic Bands, there were a lot of questions about whether or not guests would still be able to book one FP for part of their party using Rider Swap and a different FP for the others. There is no official answer in writing from Disney, but I've been reading a lot about it on the Theme Park Strategies board and it seems that the vast majority of guests have had no issues booking a FP for only part of their group and then using Rider Swap so the others can ride the same ride, and then the adults in the second group can take the small child on a different ride using FP. So unless I see that this changes, my plan for August is to book Flight of Passage for 2 adults, and then Navi River Journey for the other 2 adults plus DD.

Did you leave things in your stroller when you went on rides? I know it's unlikely that people would rifle through someone else's stroller, but I wasn't sure if we could leave sweatshirts/snacks/diaper bag with the stroller or if it's better to take it all with you? Also, is it easy to find the stroller parking areas or did you need to frequently search around or ask a CM? I've never had a stroller at WDW!

Stroller parking areas were usually pretty obvious and plentiful. If you leave your stroller in a non-parking area, a CM will move it, so be aware of that. I carry a small backpack for things that I always keep with me on rides: Phone, small wallet, Epi-pen. The rest of our stuff (Diaper bag, snacks, etc.) stayed in the stroller. We never had anything touched or taken but of course that's always a risk anywhere you go, especially when everyone's stroller looks the same! I never really worried about it because the alternative is lugging way too much stuff on a ride and being miserable because I don't know how to travel light :rotfl: I would just grab my small backpack and bring that with me.

I'm not Heather, but I can share our experiences! Yes- you need to have everyone in the party to confirm the rider swap- especially now with the new system of scanning Magic Bands vs just the paper rider swap.
You can also play the FP game- you have 3, the other adult can have 3 different ones. And then just get Rider Swaps!

We always take the backpack with us on rides, but have left other random things in the bottom of the stroller with no problems. We did see squirrels eating out of other people's though! So never food. They do move the strollers, but we never lost ours. I tied a ribbon to the handle to make it easy to identify. Hope that helps!

We also saw some very bold squirrels!

I really enjoyed reading your report and have read your othe ones
in the past, before kids!

Two little ones now! Your then 2 yo did awesome on the trip.

We will also be there in August! 17-26, my daughter is 19, time flies, she has been my WDW partner now for many Years!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter