Take Your 2-Year-Old to Disney! Aug '17 TR * COMPLETE 1/10/19

Here's another picture with Ariel that should have been in the last post:
MK_GROTTOBCHAR_20170829_404537285102.jpg

I booked our next FP for Its a Small World which probably saved us 5 minutes in line, but whatever, I'll take it!
IMG_5207.jpg

DD and I cried because we have to go home today. And DH.... :rolleyes2

IMG_5194 (1).jpg

At some point this morning we took some Photopass pictures in front of the castle. I don't have in my notes when exactly we did it, so I'm just going to post them now!
MK_MSMKTHOU_20170829_404534712939.jpg

MK_MSMKTHOU_20170829_404534712942.jpg

MK_MSMKTHOU_20170829_404534712943.jpg

Last edited:
Those are great plans for SSR. You definitely won't regret it! Are you going to write a TR?
I hadn't really thought about it, but I guess it would be helpful for other toddler parents out there. Something to think about :)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Beyond the Mickey interaction being adorable. I love her dress! Edited to add - I think I have the same pattern in leggings !!

Turtle Talk is on our agenda too, I wonder if my girls will have the same reaction.

Last edited:
I hadn't really thought about it, but I guess it would be helpful for other toddler parents out there. Something to think about :)

If you do, please make sure to share the link with me! It definitely helps with the post-Disney depression.

Beyond the Mickey interaction being adorable. I love her dress! Edited to add - I think I have the same pattern in leggings !!

It's a Lula Roe dress! I have similar ones in a different color I think.

Chapter 29
In Which We'll See Ya Real Soon

As we were getting on IASW, I booked a FP for Haunted Mansion with a window that opened 5 minutes in the future. After the happiest cruise that ever sailed we headed over there to a 35 minute posted wait.

I think I took this picture to show it wasn't super crowded.
IMG_5211.jpg

IMG_5208.jpg

We scanned our bands and 4 minutes later we were in the Stretch Room. Gotta love FP! This was the 6th FP we used that morning and it was 11:30am!
giphy.gif

(That's not counting the FP I had and then swapped for something else)

I next booked a FP for ETWB but ended up changing it for POTC since we still hadn't ridden that yet this trip.

Peter Pan was due to meet at 12 so we got in line at 11:49 with just a couple people ahead of us. He was definitely DD's favorite character this trip and although this was DD's third time seeing him this trip, this meet was the best. As great as the meet with Merida was earlier in the week, I think this one topped it, just because DD was absolutely thrilled. And my favorite picture of the entire trip is this one:
MK_PETEPANFLGHT_20170829_404539487631.jpg
PURE. MAGIC.
OMG. Even a year and a half later I still get teary looking at this pic.

MK_PETEPANFLGHT_20170829_404539487644.jpg

Next we made a stop in Adventureland on our way to POTC.
IMG_5218.jpg
It's hard to tell in the picture but it's a Dole Whip swirl.

It rained a little bit as we walked but it was over quickly.
IMG_5219.jpg

My adorable little pirate
IMG_5222.jpg

I don't even remember where we got that. Maybe they were handing them out at the ride entrance?

MK_PIRATESRIDE_20170829_8090810275.jpg

Exhilarating
ride photo, right? The girl in front seemed to know exactly where the camera was :laughing:
pirates zoom.jpg

At 12:40 I found a FP for Jungle Cruise that opened at 12:45. It's like the FP gods were just handing me exactly what I needed. Except... it was all downhill from here.

[Continued in the next post]

Last edited:

We used our FP for Jungle Cruise and I booked another for Mickey's Philharmagic. I figured that would be the last thing we'd have time for, and would be a great finish because I love it :love:
IMG_5223.jpg

Have you ever gotten stuck on Jungle Cruise? I hadn't. Until today. We got stuck at the end for 20 minutes. It was so awful. I was anxious to get off the boat and squeeze in one last attraction before we had to go home. But there we sat and sat and sat, dripping in sweat and so uncomfortable. At least we had a great skipper.

Once we finally got off I knew we wouldn't have time for Philharmagic :sad:
We started to make our way to the exit, stopping to get a Mickey pretzel for DD and also to take a few last pictures of my happy place.
IMG_5230.jpg

IMG_5227.jpg

Did you notice this beautiful blue sky?

IMG_5233.jpg

The pretzel was huge. She ate almost the entire thing herself.

I had a little bit of last minute shopping to take care of, which we did on Main Street. While we were in there, the skies opened up. I'm talking about an absolutely torrential downpour.

The Dapper Dans moved indoors.
IMG_5236.jpg

We finished up shopping but the rain hadn't stopped. We waited as long as we could but it got to the point where we had no choice but to run through the rain because we were risking missing our Magical Express bus if we waited any longer.

It. Was. Horrible.

We got so wet. Our ponchos couldn't compete with the pouring rain. The puddles were so deep our shoes and socks were completely soaked. Then we waited and waited and waited for a bus and I really started to get nervous about missing our ME.

Here's a picture of the rain while we waited.
IMG_5244 (1).jpg

Here's DH wringing out his sock :scared:
giphy.gif

A bus finally came and within a minute of us arriving back at Coronado, our Magical Express bus pulled up. We hadn't even gotten our carryon bags back from bell services yet. Guy, we seriously almost missed our bus!
giphy.gif

Buuuuut we didn't. But we also didn't have time to even try to remedy our soaking wet situation.

What's worse than squishy soaked socks and sneakers? Squishy soaked socks and sneakers on your way to the airport to go home from Disney.

And what's worse than leaving Disney?
Having your 3 year old puke all over the place on the airplane. And then again in the car seat going home from the airport. Twice. And then cleaning said car seat. Multiple times.

But let me back up just a teeny bit for one last thing.
giphy.gif

"See Ya Real Soon"

Stay tuned for the wrap-up

Last edited:
Well, almost a year and a half later...
This Trip Report is Complete!
giphy.gif

The trip was AMAZING! Even though DD was only 2, she had a fantastic time. She remembered a lot about the trip afterwards and talked about it often. She constantly asked to go back.

We did go back in May, a week before she turned 3. That trip was great as well, but it was too short for me. A short trip is better than no trip, but a long trip would be better :rotfl: I'm not sure yet if I'll write a TR for that trip. Maybe I'll just post a few highlights here.

However, I am planning to write a TR after our upcoming trip in August which we just booked a few days ago! :banana: Yup, that's right, DD broke DH again and we're going back! But for this trip our group has doubled in size! My parents will be joining us and it will be the first trip for our littlest DD :woohoo:
IMG-0035 (1).jpg

IMG-0087 (2).jpg

(Sidenote: DD is wearing her Toy Story leggings)

I'm excited but also a little bit nervous for our first WDW trip as a family of 4. Older DD will be 4 and our little one will be 9 months :goodvibes
We're staying in two rooms at Pop Century.
DD can't wait to ride Slinky Dog Dash and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.
She loves watching WDW vlogs and she's turning into a little Disney expert herself. She might even want to do pin trading on this next trip. It's going to be a whole new experience at this age I think, and I can't wait!

To everyone who made it to the end of this TR, even after I disappeared for a while, thank you for joining me! :hug:
I had a lot of fun reliving this trip and hope it helped anyone considering taking a two-year-old to Disney!
giphy.gif

I made it to the end!

I totally feel your pain about the soggy shoes and socks. We had the joy of experiencing that in September. I HATE soggy wet shoes and socks!!!

We are currently on our 5th trip and G's terrible twos are really showing through on day 1 :sad2:. I'm praying he's just tired from the chaos of traveling and lack of nap.

Loved the report!

Thanks for sharing your trip!! And please do a small update on the short trip! I love seeing the evolution of the trips as the kids get older. We have def seen the changes over time. I mean we are stroller free now!!!

Congrats on the baby! I can't believe you updated with an infant!

We did go back in May, a week before she turned 3. That trip was great as well, but it was too short for me. A short trip is better than no trip, but a long trip would be better :rotfl: I'm not sure yet if I'll write a TR for that trip. Maybe I'll just post a few highlights here.
Definitely! Your daughter is adorable and you can just feel her excitement and joy coming thru the photos!

However, I am planning to write a TR after our upcoming trip in August which we just booked a few days ago! :banana: Yup, that's right, DD broke DH again and we're going back! But for this trip our group has doubled in size! My parents will be joining us and it will be the first trip for our littlest DD :woohoo:
img-0035-1-jpg.374785

img-0087-2-jpg.374786
Oh so cute! And hopefully it will be nice having the grandparents there to tag-team the little ones!

She loves watching WDW vlogs and she's turning into a little Disney expert herself. She might even want to do pin trading on this next trip. It's going to be a whole new experience at this age I think, and I can't wait!
So cute!

Amazing trip Heather!!!! Ryann seriously needs to be the Disney spokesperson. Her videos and pictures are just perfection. And I cannot get over how big she is now. Time flies way too fast. Apparently so fast that she has multiplied :-) Congratulations to you all!!!

When are you going in August? We'll likely be there sometime mid month

Congrats on your new baby girl! They are both adorable!

So sorry you had a sick little one to end your trip. :(

I can't wait to hear about your next adventures!

I made it to the end!

I totally feel your pain about the soggy shoes and socks. We had the joy of experiencing that in September. I HATE soggy wet shoes and socks!!!

We are currently on our 5th trip and G's terrible twos are really showing through on day 1 :sad2:. I'm praying he's just tired from the chaos of traveling and lack of nap.

Loved the report!

Thank you for sticking with me to the end! :goodvibes How was the rest of your trip? Hopefully no soggy shoes and socks on this one!

Congrats on the new addition! She's beautiful

Thank you!

Thanks for sharing your trip!! And please do a small update on the short trip! I love seeing the evolution of the trips as the kids get older. We have def seen the changes over time. I mean we are stroller free now!!!

Congrats on the baby! I can't believe you updated with an infant!

Stroller free! That must be so liberating :banana: But what would I do with all MY stuff? :laughing:
Thank you for sticking with my TR to the end! :goodvibes

Definitely! Your daughter is adorable and you can just feel her excitement and joy coming thru the photos!

Oh so cute! And hopefully it will be nice having the grandparents there to tag-team the little ones!

So cute!

Thank you!

Amazing trip Heather!!!! Ryann seriously needs to be the Disney spokesperson. Her videos and pictures are just perfection. And I cannot get over how big she is now. Time flies way too fast. Apparently so fast that she has multiplied :-) Congratulations to you all!!!

When are you going in August? We'll likely be there sometime mid month

"She's multiplied" :rotfl:
We will be there Aug 20-27. What about you?!?! :hyper:

Congrats on your new baby girl! They are both adorable!

So sorry you had a sick little one to end your trip. :(

I can't wait to hear about your next adventures!

Thank you!! :goodvibes

I am so excited for you that you get to go back.

Congrats on baby #2! I miss those little ages in Disney. But it’s nice when they get older too.

I just read through the whole TR and what a great trip! And congrats on your little on! So adorable! Cant wait to hear all about that trip!

I loved your TR!!! And congrats on your newest princess. Would love to see highlights from your May trip.

Heather, thank you for the wonderful trip report! Your trip was very magical (such wonderful character meets for Ryann!) and I'm glad you only had a few instances of stress with the food allergies.

Congratulations on your new little one! I'm sure Ryann is a wonderful big sister and she'll be sure to introduce the baby to the joy of Disney. (Your husband has no chance!:rotfl: ) I'm very excited to hear about your May trip and super pumped for you for your August trip! I hope you write another report!

I think you and I are kindred spirits. :flower3: So many of your reactions are what I would do... your annoyance at the rude lady at the parade, your frustration at long lines and best-laid plans, and your love of Tower of Terror and the Carrot Cake Cookie. I'll need to keep my emotions in check on my next trip as my husband may not be as understanding as my sister of my spazzy moments. :rolleyes:

I'm trying to catch up here and was looking forward to your report regardless... but it was even more informative to me as we're planning to bring our daughter to Disney next year! (Welcome to one of the reasons I've been absent so long!) She's currently seven months old and will probably be around 20-22 months at the time of our trip (nothing booked, but I have plenty of plans in my head!) :goodvibes I'm SUPER excited for multiple reasons, but I'm so excited to be back on Disney property AND introduce my daughter to something I love! :cloud9: I'll have to do things a bit differently (likely no late-night MK EMH, fewer thrill rides, and most signature meals swapped for character meals), but it will be wonderful to go with my family for the first time!

I'm wondering if you could help with a few questions!?

When requesting the Rider Swap pass, do you need to bring your child to the ride in order for them to confirm that you need a Rider Swap? Also (I think this was implied for your TOT ride), can you book one FP+ for one adult and then collect a Rider Swap for the second adult? Or do both adults need the same FP+?

Did you leave things in your stroller when you went on rides? I know it's unlikely that people would rifle through someone else's stroller, but I wasn't sure if we could leave sweatshirts/snacks/diaper bag with the stroller or if it's better to take it all with you? Also, is it easy to find the stroller parking areas or did you need to frequently search around or ask a CM? I've never had a stroller at WDW!

Thanks for your help and thanks again for the wonderful report! I look forward to more of them in the future! :D

When requesting the Rider Swap pass, do you need to bring your child to the ride in order for them to confirm that you need a Rider Swap? Also (I think this was implied for your TOT ride), can you book one FP+ for one adult and then collect a Rider Swap for the second adult? Or do both adults need the same FP+?

Did you leave things in your stroller when you went on rides? I know it's unlikely that people would rifle through someone else's stroller, but I wasn't sure if we could leave sweatshirts/snacks/diaper bag with the stroller or if it's better to take it all with you? Also, is it easy to find the stroller parking areas or did you need to frequently search around or ask a CM? I've never had a stroller at WDW!

I'm not Heather, but I can share our experiences! Yes- you need to have everyone in the party to confirm the rider swap- especially now with the new system of scanning Magic Bands vs just the paper rider swap.
You can also play the FP game- you have 3, the other adult can have 3 different ones. And then just get Rider Swaps!

We always take the backpack with us on rides, but have left other random things in the bottom of the stroller with no problems. We did see squirrels eating out of other people's though! So never food. They do move the strollers, but we never lost ours. I tied a ribbon to the handle to make it easy to identify. Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!