• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Take the DIS WISH challenge here

I would also like to join today!! I currently weigh 275, 5'7". I have recently lost 15 lbs. I would like to lose 135 lbs. My plan will be to walk and go down in my basement and finally use the weight machine. To eat healthier and take a multi-vitamin. Susan

Count me in!

For the past several months I have been having some weight-related health problems that no 35 year old should have. I've been on the weightloss rollercoaster for several years, but this time, I had the drive and motivation to succeed "scared" into me....

I have recently been diagnosed with Lupus, I have a tendancy toward high blood sugar but as of now can keep this under control with my diet, and my cholesterol and triglycerides are through the roof. So...2-1/2 weeks ago I rejoined Weight Watchers, which I love! I've lost 11.8 pounds so far, and my goal is to loose 138 more. I have started walking every day too!

Do I need to start at zero, or does my 11.8-lb loss over the past 2 weeks count? I don't mind either way, but I'd love to get a 10-lb loss graphic added to my sig. if it's "legal." ;)

Good luck to all!!!

:)

I am joining WW on Wednesday, I have had the Atkins book for a while and just dont think I could stick to it.
I have been a member of WW before and lost a few pounds, just wish I'd kept it up:(

I have been lurking on the wish boards for a while and have seen so many people that have done really well. You are my inspiration.
Well done to all of you:)

Hello, everyone! How great to see more new faces here. I'm glad you have decided to join us.

<b>Chattyaholic</b> There is always room for another WISHer. I'm happy you will be part of my support group now. Good luck with that 1800 calorie diet. I'll bet you do a great job.

My dh is also type II diabetic, finally under control through diet.

<b>janeossie</b> Welcome Jane, I'm glad you decided to join us. We have many WISHers who follow the WW program and have had wonderful success. I'll bet you do too. If you have any questions about the program or need advice don't hesitate to ask, you will receive speedy replies.

Did you know that we have a transatlantic chat every Sunday evening at 7PM gmt? I hope you can join us sometime.

<b>JenEeyore</b> Welcome to the DIS and a special welcome to WISH. I'm glad you decided to join us. You have a great program in place and I think you will do great. You sound very determined and motivated. I'm glad you will be part of my support group.

<b>Poohs Pal</b> Welcome to WISH. Shall I list your plan as "eating sensibly"? We have lots of WISHers who do that, so if you need advice or help all you have to do is ask and you will receive many speedy replies.

I'm really glad that you are going to be here with us, now.

<b>DznyDreams</b> Sorry to hear about the lupus. I hope that losing weight helps you avoid a lot of the discomfort associated with it.

Lots of WW WISHers here and the support group is very helpful too. I think you're going to like it here. I hope you can visit often.

<b>squitty</b> Michelle! It's so great to see you here. Hope we didn't gang up on you too much in chat today ;)

Choosing the eating plan that is best for <i>you</i> is half the battle. I'll bet you have wonderful success with WW, lots of your fellow WISHers have had terrific success with it.

No more lurking, now. I think you will find that participating on WISH helps keep you motivated and determined.

<i>You may add the WISH member clipart to your signature if you want. What we do is begin with a <b>zero loss</b> no matter how much weight we may have lost before taking the challenge and then every time we lose 5 pounds we get to "trade up" to a new clipart. It's lots of fun and quite motivating.

There is an excellent post by our own Wovenwonder telling you how to add the member clipart to your signature right <b>HERE</b>.</i>

I'm so glad that you all have decided to take the WISH challenge. I hope you can visit often and join in the discussions. You are all going to do great with this, your new WISH friends plan to help you do that.

Onward and downward,

Katholyn

We just completed a 3 day cruise, and while onboard, we booked a 7 day cruise for next year. I want to be at a 'normal' weight by the time we sail next year.

I have seen the WISH icons on other poster's messages over the past few months, and decided it was worth a try. So I decided to join you guys and work towards a lighter cruise for next year!

DJ

I'm in!!

I am on WW and I WI tonight. I want to be in Onederland by our Thanksgiving trip to Disney. I will take this challenge a small challenge at a time. I am trying to learn to adjust my portions of healthy food for me and my family. Wish me luck and Good Luck to you all.

Linda

Just "found" this board at the right time! I just signed up with Diet Center online......need to lose about 40 lbs. So glad my favorite boards also have this healthy community section! Thanks for the challenge!:D

I want to take the challange! I will share my info too. I started working towards my goal 3 wks ago. Was 190 and am now down to 185! I have been doing Weight Watchers and increased my 3 days of workout to 5 (just started that this week - and my arms are sore from yesturday). I am 5'0'' so the weight really shows. I have not been able to lose the weight since my DD was born. Now that she is 2 1/2 I dont feel that I can blame her any longer. It is all my fault for not getting on this sooner, and when I did try LA Weightloss, I gave up too quickly (and i feel its too $$).

I was back home (FLA) this past week for vacation. Went on a date with an old HS boyfriend (yes, no DH). This guy had gained a lot the past 10 yrs. Over the past 4 mos he dropped 35 lbs. I truly believe that men lose quicker then women and bounce back easier.. JMHO. Although I was 2 wks into my endeavor, seeing how great he's done really inspired me to look great too the next time I see him. Any motivation works, right! Esp since I was already doing this for myself. Anyway, I feel that you all will be a great support system, and look forward to completing this journey with you all.

Now, to add that sig.

Deedee

I forgot to update after my WI on Monday Night. I lost 2.6 for a total of 7. I might make my mini goal to Onderland by our Thanksgiving Disney trip.

Good Afternoon,
I'm on Weight Watchers and my goal is to be at 155lbs by Thanksgiving. Right now I weigh 162 lbs. This will be a 7 pound loss for a total of 10 lbs.

~Amanda

Okay, I am ready to join!!! I have a goal. I want to lose 50lbs in 6 months.

I have hired a personal trainer and dietician, and I got my eating plan yesterday. I'll explain it in another post. Tomorrow I get my exercise play.

I'm glad to join you!

Holy Moly!:earseek:

When you decide to do something, you really go ALL out!

I need to loose 50 pounds as well. I hope to loose 25 by Spring Break and the other 25 by 9-11-04. I would be happy if it did not take that long, but giving myself room for plateaus.

Keep us posted on your weight loss success!

:wave:

New to this board - glad to find it - usually hang out on DCL board, and want to lose those last 16 pounds before Christmas on the Magic.

Lost 60 pounds last year on WW - have the last 16 to go, but have been stable (+/- 5) since November of last year. Starting tomorrow - Walking every AM and back on WW -- best program I have found.

Still subscribe to the WW site, and have always found great quick recipes there. Will be glad to share what I find that I think will be of interest!

What and where is the Alex Challenge??

one of my favorite quotes: There are many things in life I cannot control, and what I put in my mouth is not one of them!!

I would like to join as well. I have been doing WW for four months and have lost a total of 18 pounds so far.

My goal is to lose another 40 pounds to be at my ideal weight. I have been following the plan, except have not added exercise regularly. So my second goal is to start walking at least 3 times a week.

Hello!

This is a great idea, I have been meaning to change my lifestyle and eating habits forever.

10 pounds would be a nice weight loss goal, but I am more concerned with getting more physically active and nutritionally aware. I am often still on college diets of junk food at odd hours of the day, and my body and my complexion hate me for it.

Anyway, I've heard so much of the Atkins diet, that I might look into it, but basically I want to eat healthier and start exercising on a regular basis. I've started pilates, which is surprisingly strenuous and relaxing at the same time. Has anybody else tried this?

I'd like to get some basic information on nutrition - does anyone have good books they recommend? I was thinking of the Dummy/Idiot's Guide series, but am very interested in hearing what anybody else might recommend.

Thanks!

More new friends to welcome. I'm a little late, though. Sorry.

<b>westjones</b> Thanks for posting here, too. Will you be following a specific eating plan or eating sensibly. No matter what plan you choose there are sure to be WISHers following the same plan. So if you have questions don't hesitate to ask, you will receive speedy replies. I'm glad you have decided to join us.

<b>lwestwise</b> I'm so glad you decided to join us. We have many WW WISHers here and they are ready to help you with the program. All you have to do is ask.

<b>lodgelady</b> Welcome to WISH. I'm not familiar with the online Diet Center but I'm sure it's a great program. I'm glad you could join us and I hope you can visit often!

<b>catherines_mama</b> I'm glad you decided to join us. WW is a wonderful program and our WW WISHers have had wonderful success with it. I'm sure you will too. Visit often and participate as much as you can, it is very helpful and motivating.

<b>septbride2002</b> Hello, again. I believe we met on the Welcome board. It's so great to see you here.

How wise you are to take control and lose this weight while you have 10 pounds to lose. I wish I had done that. I'll bet you do great!

<b>FreshTressa</b> Welcome to WISH. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your eating plan. You sound very determined. You are going to do great, I'm sure of it.

<b>Grumpy's Mom</b> It's great to see you here. Sounds like you have had wonderful success with WW. We would love to have you share any great recipes you find. Post them to our eating healthy board so that they can be added to the index, okay?

I'm glad you decided to join us and get that last 16 pounds gone forever. I think you are going to like it here, we have a wonderful support group.

<b>MickeysMom</b> WW is a terrific plan and once you start exercising regularly, I'll bet you have even more success than you have already.

Welcome to WISH, I'm glad you decided to take the challenge!

<b>scrump</b> Welcome to the DIS and a very special welcome to WISH. I'm glad you found us and I hope you can visit often. Shall I list your eating plan as Atkins or eating sensibly? I think it is great that you are going to get healthier now.

Why don't you post your question about nutritional guides on the WISH board? I'll bet you get lots of great advice about that, if you do.

<i>You may add the WISH member clipart to your signature if you want. What we do is begin with a <b>zero loss</b> no matter how much weight we may have lost before taking the challenge and then every time we lose 5 pounds we get to "trade up" to a new clipart. It's lots of fun and quite motivating.

There is an excellent post by our own Wovenwonder telling you how to add the member clipart to your signature right <b>HERE</b>.</i>

Well, it's nice to see so many new members of my support group. The WISH support group is the best part of WISH. Made up of men and women who follow all kinds of eating plans, the WISH support group is always ready to help you, advise you or even just make you smile. WISH is a friendly, helpful and caring place. I'm so happy that all of you will be with us now.

Let's get started then. I hope you are all ready to <b>succeed</b> because that's what we do here, we <b>succeed</b> and I know each one of you is going to do great reaching your goals.

Onward and downward, my new friends!

Katholyn

Count me in. I just started the South Beach Diet on 10/6 and hoping to lose 50 pounds.
I walk each day, usually twice a day, but I would like to start doing some exercise tapes as well.
I have already lost 25 lbs on my own and looking forward to an even healthier me!

Hi
I really want to take the challenge and start a journal on the dis board. Not sure how to do that.
I have about 60 or 70 lbs to lose. I am at my third week of ww and have lost 10lbs. However, this week I have fallen off the wagon. Thought maybe keeping an honest journal would help.

Coyote

Hi All!

Well, I've been around the boards for awhile and saw this board. Always meant to join here.... and now I have.

I started to Weight Watchers online last week. So, far so good. I did have a discouraging first weigh in, though. Only a pound down, but I had gone out for my dad's birthday the night before weighing in and had weiner schnizel... mmmmm. This Saturday's weigh in should be much better.

Wish me luck!!!

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:
::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

I am a member of WW and although I lost 50 lbs last year, I managed to put it back on. I started on WW last week and lost 4 lbs and have been doing well this week also. I need to exercise as I am a terrible couch potato. I would really like to sign up as I believe everyone here has such great ideas and are so supportive.

Nancy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter