Take the DIS WISH challenge here

After quite some time away from running due to injury, I am on the road to returning due to a good doctor. I need to lose this weight I've gained and hope to run the 2016 WDW Half Marathon.

After quite some time away from running due to injury, I am on the road to returning due to a good doctor. I need to lose this weight I've gained and hope to run the 2016 WDW Half Marathon.

What a great goal! I'm eyeing a DL 10K in my future. 2016 is my plan as well.

Despite me working in production and walking at least 4500 steps everyday, according to my Fitbit, I get pretty tired whenever I walk up hills or even up a flight of stairs briskly. I'm not entirely sure how many steps would be a good range to walk everyday to prepare for Disney, but I don't want to arrive and be too tired to do everything I want there. For now, I'll start aiming for at least, hmm, 6000 steps everyday?

I'll have to make sure to hydrate myself more (I'm already always dehydrated) and eat more to make up for the calories lost. I actually probably need to gain a bit of weight.

Despite me working in production and walking at least 4500 steps everyday, according to my Fitbit, I get pretty tired whenever I walk up hills or even up a flight of stairs briskly. I'm not entirely sure how many steps would be a good range to walk everyday to prepare for Disney, but I don't want to arrive and be too tired to do everything I want there. For now, I'll start aiming for at least, hmm, 6000 steps everyday?

I'll have to make sure to hydrate myself more (I'm already always dehydrated) and eat more to make up for the calories lost. I actually probably need to gain a bit of weight.

The number that most people aim for is 10,000 steps. I haven't been to WDW, but I know at DLR we average around 20,000 steps a day, sometimes up to 30,000, and I think there is more walking involved at WDW. Generally the theme parks are pretty flat, so I wouldn't be too worried about that, but if you would like to improve your 'hill fitness', you could always try to do a hilly walk or stair climb a couple of times a week. Just walking 10,000 steps most days is not really enough to cause much weight loss, especially if you're not 'dieting' at the same time. But if you're concerned about your weight, it might be best to speak to your doctor or a nutritionist about how you can increase your fitness without losing weight.

It's so funny that this thread popped up, since the last time I posted in here must have been 2008.

Since that time I started on different meds, and have stayed around my size 6-10 range. After my last breakup I gained a bit of weight and recently re-started the Ab Challenge - which I recommend to everyone! I have never had daily exercise goals... and it really helped with my progress!

We're going to Maui right before DL in Oct and I've picked up the Ab, Butt, Thigh, Back, Arm, and Oblique challenges as my daily workout routine. The Wall challenge comes and goes.

I developed knee overuse issues right before the breakup so I now pick and choose which exercises I can do based on how bad they are on my knees. With that and PT I've been able to dance again without pain!!!

Currently I add apple cider vinegar to my water and hydrate like crazy. So far I've been pleased with how I feel as a result :D

I am 48 years old, somewhat overweight man (I have been told I need to lose about 20 lbs. to be at a healthy weight for my age) who has recently quit smoking. I have been making healthier eating choices (with the help of a nutritionist at my local clinic), and been walking 3/4 times a week since late January. I have signed up for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon as well a few local races between now and then. My average walking pace is 14 minutes/mile and if I really push myself I can get that down to 13:25 minutes/mile. I have set myself a goal of finishing the Wine & Dine Race in under 3 hours.

I'm taking the W.I.S.H. challenge. I'm not going into details, but let's just say I need to lose a LOT of weight. I've been overweight my whole life due to lifestyle, thyroid issues, the list goes on and on. Just got back from Disney, and I'm ashamed to say that I had some trouble fitting into some very fun rides. As lame as it is, Disney is going to be my motivation for losing weight. I've tried everything else, so why not?

Going to use some virtual races to motivate myself and try to eat healthier-- even if it is healthy "frozen" meals because I'm pretty darn lazy when it comes to cooking! :rotfl:The thing I really need to work on is portion control... but let's do all this one step at a time!

:wishmember

Last edited:

Hello! I would love to join a community of uplifting Disney fans!!

A few years ago, I embarked on a journey to change my health. I wanted to prepare the best that I could for having a baby. I made big changes that year:
2ab955a5-2e8a-47a6-ac99-d6f924970a3d_zpseghszajt.jpg

And even after getting a diagnosis of only having a 1% chance of conceiving- I was blessed with an AWESOME pregnancy a year later:
1a4549c8-fb30-4508-a2b6-b8c5e21bd946_zpsblq1zw5a.jpg

We planned for a home birth and it turned out to be the birth of our dreams:
c6d8f4a9-ac40-4c16-ba9c-f567df70dac3_zpskc5o8k4a.jpg

I've loved being a mom for the last year- despite the fact being a mom is serious business... lots of work. :)

5d247e00-ff9a-4475-8f9f-b91aa1d661dd_zps4x7xhctf.jpg

A lot has changed in the last three years regarding my thoughts on health. In 2013, I started the Metabolic Research Center which relied heavily on protein fortification with lots of added flavors, chemicals...and who knows what else.
29a87cbf-678e-4eea-9b77-d1f233d2cd55_zpslvnoczem.jpg

I eventually came across the GAPS diet, as it was supposed to help with my crohn's disease (diagnosed in 2012 via colonoscopy. Both of my parents have ulcerative colitis. Neither have their colons anymore) GAPS is a pretty restrictive temporary healing diet. It's super hard to maintain. I then found the Weston Price Foundation, which was a breath of fresh air- and that's pretty much what I ate throughout my pregnancy, but after having William- my other autoimmune condition flared up. My Hidradenitis suppurativa was so bad that it scared me- and that's when I found the Automimmune Paleo Diet. I've seen some good improvement, but I know there is SO much to learn about what doesn't agree with my body.

I already know that I can't eat potatoes or tomatoes... and should limit my other nightshade consumption. I would eventually like to limit most of my wheat and grain related activity to be treats that are soaked and sprouted (ideally fermented) before consumption. Eating chocolate aggravates my anxiety. I'm not sure what combinations of food wreck havoc on my sleep. After Christmas, I would like to go back on AIP and really do the reintroduction periods properly.

In the meantime, I want to eat mindfully. I'm also training to walk my first half marathon.... They Disney Avengers Half on November 14th!

So I guess my current goal is:
Average 30 minutes of physical activity a day.
Take 15 minutes of "me" time a day.

And until the half marathon...I really need to be on AIP so that I can sleep restfully and that my body doesn't have to deal with combating inflammation. Over the holidays, I want to try to be intentional about making AIP treats and indulging only in other treats if they are SUPER SUPER amazing.

Thanks for having me!!

Hey all! I'm taking the initiative and am taking the W.I.S.H challenge!

I have been quite overweight most of my life, and while I have a positive outlook on life and have a lot of fun, there is a burning desire deep within me that badly wants to shed the weight and get healthy. In the past I have tried diets here and there but nothing that has stuck or has shown any progress. It has been a battle and a struggle for me my whole life. I am now in my mid-twenties and while my mood is normally bouncy and energetic, my body sure isn't! Often times I get aches and pains, as well as bouts of fatigue. I have foot problems and I generally feel like crap after I eat. So while fast food is super tasty, it's taking a toll on my health and body.

I have booked a cruise for September 17th of this year and I would LOVE to shed the weight and feel better. No more making excuses, just healthier choices. I'm starting slow, by giving up soda and junk food, and eating more vegetables and drinking more water. I'm learning and making up a lot of things as I go, but I'm gonna do this!! Some how, some way, lol. In the name of Disney... haha.

If anybody would like a buddy just let me know! :) let's support and motivate each other!

Hey all! I'm taking the initiative and am taking the W.I.S.H challenge!

If anybody would like a buddy just let me know! :) let's support and motivate each other!

Good for you! I'm a few years older at 33 but also am determined to get on and lose weight this year. I have a WDW trip booked for 30th Nov and want to be 50 - 55 lbs lighter by then... It seems impossible and it's only day one.

Happy to be a buddy! How do you want to do that?! I'm in Wales, UK by the way. :) xx

Ok now that I have read all 101 pages and am wondering how some of you are doing towards your goals ( updates please and that includes those of you from the 0? days). Now that is out of the way it's time to introduce myself

43 ( 44 in late May)
Married with a 12 year old DD and a 9 year old DD ( My special needs including Global Apraxia child)
5'3" or more vertically challenged as my DH likes to tell me when I can't reach stuff which is most things not on the bottom shelf or the outer 1/3rd of the 2nd shelf of the above counter cupboards.
Weight high enough that I am in the class 3 obesity range and let's just leave it at that for now and also say the number starts with a 3.
Total weight to loose to be in the normal BMI range 242. Weight loss since starting back on trying to not eat everything in site and move a bit more 5.6 pounds. What I would like to loose actually is between 242 and 277 pounds. Time to do so realistically this is going to take years and fighting all the people who just tell me to have surgery. Hmm considering I already have problems with nutrient absorption this is not a wise decision for me not to mention I have had reactions to anasthesia in the past including extreme hypotension ( trust me those medical people don't like that because all they can do is basically keep you flat on your back except long enough to eat-allowed up at a 30 to 45 degree angle to prevent chocking for 20 minutes as there is not a drug they can give you)
Not setting a date for things since I have tried that too many times in the past and my body doesn't seem to follow the I cut my calories by this much and am burning this much with exercise I should have lost this much weight rule.
Plan has to be a lifestyle change not a diet and not counting calories. Making wiser choices but not completely eliminating any food with the exception of tomatoes since I have a severe allergy and like to breath. Some foods like ice cream will have to be a once in a while treat and not an every day one. Increasing physical activity even if it is just walking around my house for 10 minutes at one time. Increasing my water consumption which I must say I love my fruit infusion pitcher and my bottle. Now if I could just do something about those 2-3 sometimes 4 trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night so I can actually sleep for 7-8 straight hours I would be happy.

Goal 1 to get down to what I weighed when we went on our Disney Trip back in January 2010 ( Celebrating my parents 60th birthdays and 40th anniversary family trip-wonders if they will decide a Disney Cruise sounds nice for their 50th and if they will take all of us with to celebrate. A girl can dream and have fantasy about some magic and wonder). Reward will be a $25 Disney Gift card Weight to Goal 22 pounds

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter