Take me back to our Happy Place - a July 2020 PTR * BRIEF update 5/27*

It will certainly be your lucky day 😂
:rotfl:

Right now any park combo would work just fine for me......
No kidding... :guilty:

Not "Let The Sun Shine In" Woodstock redo party better but better.
Hopefully Let the Sun Shine In will be the overlay to a near-future Cuomo update :rotfl: Please, oh please, could that happen?!

Yesterday our Governor announced a rather detailed plan for reopening NY, phases and all.
Thank you for this update! I missed Cuomo's briefing yesterday, and now I don't even have to go back and watch :thumbsup2:laughing:

And if you don't mind, when I return I think I'll do a little retro TR within this PTR!
Yes, please!!!!!!!!!! ::yes::

Our governor laid out the recovery plan for our state, Illinois, yesterday. We are in phase 1 now, but his rules are so strict, and his regions are so big, that we will be restricted for the entire month of May. :( Like NY state, we have huge rural areas with a lot less cases of the virus than we have here in the urban area. The whole thing is so depressing. I can't believe we have already suffered seven weeks of lock down. I really hope they develop a vaccine really soon because that is the only thing that will bring us back to normal.

I can't wait to see what Disney does for WDW. Just knowing that it is open and people can be there again will make me feel good. :)

Haha! IS your June trip still on?

Also we booked on 5/4 for 7/3-7/9 too!

SO if either of these trips happen hope to see you there!

I Do like Cuomo and feel like he is doing a lot right, Murphy too, but he drives me a bit crazy! Hopefully we both see Phase 1 soon, AND we can even go to Florida without a 14 day quarantine!

I do love his visuals, i wish Murphy would do more stuff like this it spells it out so clearly. Even if i think we would only have 3 or 4 of 7 being in Essex County so close to NYC

Also my little lady has been sporting this sweatshirt this week! I feel like this can be Disney and College related! Don't mind her messy room.

Ok, so I am admittedly geographically challenged, but I had NO idea how close you were to CT. We are practically neighbors :rotfl: I guess I always assumed you were North of NYC:confused3

I'm glad things are getting better in your area, which means things should be getting better around here soon too. Of course, I have no idea because I'm still not watching the news. I just know that we are still seeing Covid + moms coming in to deliver and we are still in a high alert state in our hospital. I just can't wait for things to settle down and return to some type of normalcy.

I think it's hysterical your MIL spent a day of her vacation making sauce and meatballs when there are so many amazing food options around :P

A mini retro TR sounds fun. I was actually thinking of starting some sort of PTR myself soon because I'm almost done with my cruise report (which I will be getting back to updating today) and then I have nothing else to post. I like what you're doing with the memories…it makes me feel better to think of happier times:hug:

Last edited:

Figure I'll give you guys a little NY quarantine geography update/lesson because you're here, lots of you have nowhere better to be, so why not?
What a great idea! I have no real idea of what's going on in NY outside of NYC.
Next he did this:

Very detailed!
I know this isn't really Disney related and depending on your feelings and where your state stands
I'm usually in a state of confusion, thanks for asking.
Wait... you didn't ask?
Oh. Well, that's my normal state.
Just talking about reopening and having a plan, and seeing that we aren't the worst off in NY lol, combined with the beautiful weather we had this weekend and the announcement that Shangai Disneyland is opening the 11th, this week seems a bit brighter than the last few weeks
:hug:
I did get 7DMT, FOP, MMRR, Millennium Falcon, TOTx2 and BTMRRx2 so I feel good!
Wow! Ya done good!
Before I go, a couple of you asked if my MIL actually made her sauce and meatballs on that WDW trip back in 2007 at the funkily named Liki Tiki Resort. The answer is
:laughing: Worth it?
Thanks. It was like a big not fun comedy of errors, the whole trip. Maybe after I do a little PTR on our grandmama's meaballs in WDW I'll do a 2015 BW throwback recap :)
It'd certainly make for an interesting read!

I also made a couple more ADR's to fit around those FP's and I feel like it's just so out of character but as was suggested by a good DIS friend, should Disney start to limit the # of guests they allow to make dining reservations I don't want to be eating lots of QS if I can avoid it.
She's brilliant. I hadn't even thought about it like that until she mentioned it. Glad you were able to get such great FPs! I was really only bummed that we lost our MMRR when we moved our trip, but as long as I get to go, I don't even care about any of my FPs honestly!

And if you don't mind, when I return I think I'll do a little retro TR within this PTR!
YES, do it!!!!!

Our governor laid out the recovery plan for our state, Illinois, yesterday. We are in phase 1 now, but his rules are so strict, and his regions are so big, that we will be restricted for the entire month of May. :(
We're in IL, too! I live in Chicago, so I'm pretty sure we'll still be locked down for awhile. Ugh.

I can't wait to see what Disney does for WDW. Just knowing that it is open and people can be there again will make me feel good. :)
Agreed!!!!! I was so excited about Shanghai opening. My husband looked at me like I was nuts, but he just doesn't understand. SOME people getting to experience Disney magic anywhere makes me feel hopeful!!

I know that there are lots of folks who keep to a specific park order or at least always do the same park on their arrival day and departure day; so, what say you?

1. Do you always do a specific park on arrival day?
2. Do you always do a specific park on departure day?
3. Do you mix up the order each trip?
LEMME KNOW!

GREAT plans of course. I hope the Boardwalk stay works out well. Boardwalk was our VERY first DVC stay...we actually rented points to stay there back in Feb 2004 and ended up really loving it. The only thing I remember about that stay was: my MIL falling down the back stairs of resort while HOLDING Noelle who was 14 months old at the time...and Noelle wasn't hurt at all though my MIL was banged up bracing herself. The other thing I remember was putting Noelle in the pool with me...and forgetting to take off her shoes. Yeah...good times. We've stayed at Boardwalk at least one other time and did enjoy it. I think if we go back if we can't get Wilderness Lodge I'd like either Boardwalk or Beach Club as I love being so close to EPCOT.

And speaking of EPCOT, it will definitely be interesting to see what the table situation is like at San Angel Inn and many other restaurants. Honestly our last time eating at San Angel was many many years ago as part of a Candlelight Processional package and I just didn't enjoy it. I may have to give it another try again someday.

NOW to your questions...we definitely do NOT have a park that we always do on arrival day. I'm not sure if we ever did really. I do recall we usually tried to wait until our first full day to do MK, but honestly it depends on the time of the year, the crowd levels and the Extra Magic Hours. We DO tend to more often than not save EPCOT for a final park day, because we always have a car and I find it the easiest to park and walk into the park for some reason so we can maximize time there. Sometimes we change it up and do Hollywood Studios but I'd say more often than not it's been EPCOT.

Hopefully Phase one will come for you soon. We're currently in phase 1 in Georgia. Very few restaurants chose to open though, so most are still curbside/to-go. Few stores opened as well. Barber shops and salons have such strict requirements, but fortunately, I snagged a cut for Friday for myself. Just got a text today that my son's barber shop has reopened, so hopefully we can get his cut tomorrow morning. He's quite shaggy. LOL.

Luckily the weekend was perfect but now Wednesday back to rain and I'll be back to just my 🍷 Although actually Steve made me sangira the last 2 weekends and that was a nice change.
We are in the same boat. Rain the last few days more rain to come and they say we may even get snow flurries on Saturday. May seems to have confused itself with March

I used to wear it curly ALL the time. Before I had Chris the curls were almost perfect with no frizz. They fell as beautifully as Nellie Olson's. Then I gave birth to my 2nd child and the curls along with my sanity slowly lost any semblance of decency and both became what we see today.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: And total score on the Nellie Olson reference. One of my favorite shows and TV characters ever.

I mean my Memorial Weekend trip is off and I assume tomorrow or shortly thereafter the rest of May will be shut down too. Given all that if you take another look at my updated ticker, we are still planning on going in June! Hopefully we'll have the definitive answer on that asap and hopefully then I can do a July PTR prequel here with details of June :love: Until then.....
Hopefully with Shanghai opening back up they will be better positioned to say something definitive sooner rater than later

In order to be given the all clear to begin phase 1 each area needs to meet 7 metrics and Mid-Hudson, my area, currently meets 5 out of 7. Not bad being that the city is 3 and Long Island is 2. So right now it means we are not ready to begin phase 1 on May 16th but there's always the chance we hit 6 or 7 out of 7 by then!
I don't know what those metrics mean but wishing for all the...

I also made a couple more ADR's to fit around those FP's and I feel like it's just so out of character but as was suggested by a good DIS friend, should Disney start to limit the # of guests they allow to make dining reservations I don't want to be eating lots of QS if I can avoid it.
🙌 Who knew I of all people would have a good ADR suggestion?

Mind????? You can't start it soon enough. Curly hair, tiki motel and meatballs!!!!!! What's not to love?

In order to be given the all clear to begin phase 1 each area needs to meet 7 metrics and Mid-Hudson, my area, currently meets 5 out of 7.

We're in the Capital District :rotfl: In our immediate area I don't think we've had too many cases, but we include Albany etc so I'm guessing that's why we're doing even worse.

My first trip to WDW was when I was 10. We stayed in an off site condo that my step-mom's (at that time) family owned. I did n't go back to Disney until my kids were 4 and 5. This trip my dad rented points and we stayed at Saratoga. I loved it but for how much planning I did, I didn't do enough. I didn't even know there were different pools at the resort and some had water slides. This trip got my husband hooked. If it wasn't for my dad taking us I don't think I would have even gone again. Since then we have stayed at All Star Music, Coronado, Port Orleans Riverside and our trip in August (which will be cancelled) is back at Saratoga. This trip was going to with my mom and the first trip as an adult without Free Dining.

1. Do you always do a specific park on arrival day?
2. Do you always do a specific park on departure day?
3. Do you mix up the order each trip?
LEMME KNOW!

1. We always drive and we are coming from Northeast Ohio, we do not do anything on our arrival day except for dinner at one of the resorts.
2. My husband seems to think we need to leave at 6 am to drive home. So nothing on departure day either.
3. I always look at several crowd calendars to figure out what park we will be at each day. So each trip is very different.

In Ohio we are just starting to lift some restrictions. It is still work from home if you can but some non essential places can open up. Retail stores, salons, and eating in at a restaurant are still closed. We should hear more today on these. Daycares are still only allowed to have to kids in a room and they have to have a special licences to be open as well. I think we will hear a plan on this to reopen today as well but I ma not totally sure.

Thankfully, DH already worked from and my work I am able to work from home. The last I heard I will not be going back to the office any time soon. Kids are home as well and I am so over distance learning. They are old enough that I don't need to teach them (7th and 8th grade) but just to get them to turn stuff in is a pain in the butt.

Your district really isn’t so far away from phase one and seems headed in the right direction which definitely gives hope!
We just need to keep our fingers crossed! I try not to watch Cuomo if I'm in a good mood because I'm afraid he'll bring me down; yesterday he basically tore our President apart (my lips are sealed on whether I think that's a good or bad thing lol) and today said that, based on info from hospitals, the people being admitted as positive are NOT essential workers, are older, have NOT traveled, and HAVE BEEN ISOLATING. He said this goes against what they thought they'd find which would be a higher # of essential workers being positive, those with underlying conditions, younger people, those that defied the stay at home order. Very interesting! And he then like, alludes to what will happen and needs to happen when we open, talks about the state being different in different regions, and then will talk about how what we've been doing works. So it's like a back and forth thing, not concrete info every day but some days I feel no info is definitely better lol.
Yesterday we got word back from Disney that they were refunding our deposit for our cancelled July trip. Have to hand it to them they were brilliant, very quick and efficient. It was cancelled due to non covid issues but covid certainly sealed the deal on that decision. Still waiting on our insurance company regarding the flights which is both annoying and unreasonable give that there is no way to travel to the US from here regardless!! I want my money back so I can look at traveling next year instead if we ever get to leave the house again!!!
They've been really good with refunding guests quickly, unlike Universal who is taking quite awhile longer. I do hope you hear from insurance soon!
Hopefully Let the Sun Shine In will be the overlay to a near-future Cuomo update :rotfl: Please, oh please, could that happen?!
I'll send him a memo 📝 lol
Our governor laid out the recovery plan for our state, Illinois, yesterday. We are in phase 1 now, but his rules are so strict, and his regions are so big, that we will be restricted for the entire month of May. :(
Jenny was telling me a bit about that; I'm sorry. Your governor seems............a bit questionable at times?? Did I see his family took a recent vacation to Florida??
I won't be surprised if our stay at home here isn't lifted for the rest of the month even though it hasn't been extend past the 15th, yet. But it still feels good knowing parts of the state WILL be getting theirs lifted and we'll just keep pushing forward until we are too!
I agree! I'm so interested in seeing what they roll out and beyond anxious for them to get to announcing it. And yes, even if our June trip doesn't happen but they open later in the month, it'll make me happy that people are back there again :love:
Haha! IS your June trip still on?
Well we ain't cancelling unless Disney does, and right now they've only cancelled through May so....................I say yes lol!
Also we booked on 5/4 for 7/3-7/9 too!
WHoo! Fingers crossed we get to meet up! You'll have to let me know your plans so we can see where we overlap :thumbsup2Where are you staying? I feel like I read that somewhere but can't remember.
I Do like Cuomo and feel like he is doing a lot right, Murphy too, but he drives me a bit crazy! Hopefully we both see Phase 1 soon, AND we can even go to Florida without a 14 day quarantine!
Yeah for the most part Cuomo is really impressing me. They put Murphy on here every day too so I listen a bit; he's not bad. I can't listen to him that long lol.
I do love his visuals, i wish Murphy would do more stuff like this it spells it out so clearly. Even if i think we would only have 3 or 4 of 7 being in Essex County so close to NYC
Yeah I think NJ in general is a bit behind NY? It'll be interesting to see if Murphy does end up doing any type of chart or region split like Cuomo with the metrics. You guys really can't be judged to open as a whole either, North Jersey has to be different than South Jersey.....
Also my little lady has been sporting this sweatshirt this week! I feel like this can be Disney and College related! Don't mind her messy room.
Aw that is adorable! Ricky put is sweatshirt on for a special picture today which I posted on FB and will post in my next update :)
Her room looks like a sweet girls room! If I posted Chris's room (which you would probably be able to smell through the computer) you would not ever feel like her room was messy again!
Ok, so I am admittedly geographically challenged, but I had NO idea how close you were to CT. We are practically neighbors :rotfl: I guess I always assumed you were North of NYC:confused3
Ok so first I AM North of NYC, about 90 minutes lol, and second I told you we were only like 2 hours from each other! Pepe's Pizza meet up!! As soon as this is over we should, I'd meet you at a mall, restaurant, park, hell I'd just sit in a car with you lol.
I'm glad things are getting better in your area, which means things should be getting better around here soon too. Of course, I have no idea because I'm still not watching the news.
I honestly prefer not to but sometimes when Steve puts it on I'm too lazy to get off the couch. I didn't even watch his initial phased opening plan but went to the chiropractor later that day and she was talking about it so I went online to check it out. Then Steve put Cuomo on yesterday but really nothing new.
I heard that restaurants in parts of CT were opening for outdoor seating May 20th though?
think it's hysterical you MIL spent a day of her vacation making sauce and meatballs when there are so many amazing food options around :P
Welp if I had done a TR for that trip, one title could have been "the trip with NO amazing food" so there's that...............
I like what you're doing with the memories…it makes me feel better to think of happier times:hug:
Thank you ❤ It does help get my mind off the current memories we're making for a bit

What a great idea! I have no real idea of what's going on in NY outside of NYC.
That's because so many people who don't live in NY don't think anyone exists here outside NYC!
But we do........................................👻
'm usually in a state of confusion, thanks for asking.
Wait... you didn't ask?
Oh. Well, that's my normal state.
:laughing:
Maybe I didn't have to ask, because I already knew :crazy:
Wow! Ya done good!
:worship:
Glad you were able to get such great FPs! I was really only bummed that we lost our MMRR when we moved our trip, but as long as I get to go, I don't even care about any of my FPs honestly!
Tell me about it, I don't care how few rides we ride, how few characters we see, I just wanna GO!
Our June FP's aren't great but not terrible and I figure since we don't know yet how things will be anyway, we may get on those tier 1 rides we don't have FP's for. Will their be virtual queue's for anyone? Will crowds be low enough that lines aren't crazy? Will all rides be open even? In a weird way it's exciting to see what happens!
Agreed!!!!! I was so excited about Shanghai opening. My husband looked at me like I was nuts, but he just doesn't understand. SOME people getting to experience Disney magic anywhere makes me feel hopeful!!
LOL it's like a stepping stone!
I hope the Boardwalk stay works out well. Boardwalk was our VERY first DVC stay.
It was actually our first deluxe we rented points for! We loved all our stays other than our last one in 2015 and that was mostly a staff thing, so we're really excited to be going back again.
The only thing I remember about that stay was: my MIL falling down the back stairs of resort while HOLDING Noelle who was 14 months old at the time.
OMG :scared: So glad Noelle was ok and MIL wasn't seriously hurt!
Way to put a damper on a vacation lol
We DO tend to more often than not save EPCOT for a final park day, because we always have a car and I find it the easiest to park and walk into the park for some reason so we can maximize time there. Sometimes we change it up and do Hollywood Studios but I'd say more often than not it's been EPCOT.
Epcot is a nice, chill park, so kind of good for a departure day. Still getting park time but not going crazy; I like it :)
Hopefully Phase one will come for you soon. We're currently in phase 1 in Georgia. Very few restaurants chose to open though, so most are still curbside/to-go. Few stores opened as well. Barber shops and salons have such strict requirements, but fortunately, I snagged a cut for Friday for myself. Just got a text today that my son's barber shop has reopened, so hopefully we can get his cut tomorrow morning. He's quite shaggy. LOL.
Yup my sister is in Alpharetta, and wouldn't stop bragging that she got her hair done Monday night :snooty: Yes I was jealous because I'm about a week away from coloring my hair myself for the first time in years and my eyebrows are not pretty lol! She also said the same about many restaurants choosing not to reopen yet, and a few independent ones only opening for outdoor seating. I'll still take that over take out only though.
And my boys need a haircut SO bad!
And total score on the Nellie Olson reference. One of my favorite shows and TV characters ever.
Awesome! Touring all Laura's US homestead's is on my bucket list; guess who's joining me on that trip now ;)
don't know what those metrics mean but wishing for all the...
BEST.GIF.EVER!
We're in the Capital District :rotfl: In our immediate area I don't think we've had too many cases, but we include Albany etc so I'm guessing that's why we're doing even worse.
Ugh I know, I actually thought of you when I saw that!! We currently only have 25 COVID patients in our county hospitals and none on respirators but it's the other stupid counties in our stupid region lol
This trip my dad rented points and we stayed at Saratoga. I loved it but for how much planning I did, I didn't do enough. I didn't even know there were different pools at the resort and some had water slides.
LOL, all of us and our lack of planning for our first trips! Well Saratoga is BIG so it's ok you didn't know all the details of the resort; even when we stayed there Thanksgiving 2018 for the 2nd time I wasn't sure on where all the pools were and what the best section to stay in was!
our trip in August (which will be cancelled) is back at Saratoga. This trip was going to with my mom and the first trip as an adult without Free Dining.
So sorry August won't work for you :hug: Are you able to reschedule?
We always drive and we are coming from Northeast Ohio, we do not do anything on our arrival day except for dinner at one of the resorts.
Makes sense
My husband seems to think we need to leave at 6 am to drive home. So nothing on departure day either.
That would be Steve! And I'd say wait till 11 when we HAVE to be out lol!
Kids are home as well and I am so over distance learning. They are old enough that I don't need to teach them (7th and 8th grade) but just to get them to turn stuff in is a pain in the butt.
:laughing: Tell me about it. At 14 and 18 all I do every few days is ask if they're doing all assignments and do they need any help; they're FAR better with all the ZOOMing and Google Classrooming than I would be. But Chris refuses to do anything he thinks is "dumb" which are basically all his tech assignments so guess who got a call from his tech teacher??? I'm like, I don't have to fight with you to do honors math and science but I have to yell at you to make a freakin' paper airplane and measure how far it flies??? C'MON!

Ok so first I AM North of NYC, about 90 minutes lol, and second I told you we were only like 2 hours from each other! Pepe's Pizza meet up!! As soon as this is over we should, I'd meet you at a mall, restaurant, park, hell I'd just sit in a car with you lol.
I'm driving 5 hours just to supply the car!

Awesome! Touring all Laura's US homestead's is on my bucket list; guess who's joining me on that trip now ;)
me, Me, ME!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously I would be all over this.

I'm hopeful we get to return to some kinda normal here in NY soon! Things seem to be a lot more business as usual in my hospital 🤞 🤞

lol! Does she have any Little People saved? Of course by the time you played with them they'd gotten rid of the led paint!

I don't think I ever had Little People! My little sister did though and she's only 25 so they definitely got rid of the lead paint for her lol!

Wow I remember when AK closed t 5, seems like so long ago!

I know it seems like another lifetime!

So sorry August won't work for you :hug: Are you able to reschedule?

I am hoping to but DH is pretty freaked out by this virus. It will be what his comfort level is on when we go back. It most likely will not be until 2021.

:laughing: Tell me about it. At 14 and 18 all I do every few days is ask if they're doing all assignments and do they need any help; they're FAR better with all the ZOOMing and Google Classrooming than I would be. But Chris refuses to do anything he thinks is "dumb" which are basically all his tech assignments so guess who got a call from his tech teacher??? I'm like, I don't have to fight with you to do honors math and science but I have to yell at you to make a freakin' paper airplane and measure how far it flies??? C'MON!

Nick (my 14 year old) is not disciplined enough to just get his work done. He would rather play video games. He tells me everything is done and then the grade gets uploaded and he has a NS (not submitted). So we are working about a week behind. A few times a week I make him sit down with me a go through each assignment that is not turned and make him do it. It would be much easier if he would just get it done during the day and turned in on time. Elizabeth (12) mostly gets her stuff done. Though the few times I have mentioned to her about something not turned in she gets really mad at me for telling her and starts yelling. I told her if it happens again her dad will be doing homework with her. She didn't like that so she has been much better lately. Thankfully we have 2 weeks left of work and then 2 week of no work but time to get all the back work turned in. Elizabeth's social Studies teacher sent a message that her class they only have about 30% with a passing grade (most of the work turned in). THey are only getting a P for work turned in, I if it was turned in but needs more work and NS for not submitted right now.

Well we ain't cancelling unless Disney does, and right now they've only cancelled through May so....................I say yes lol!

HAHA Love it!

WHoo! Fingers crossed we get to meet up! You'll have to let me know your plans so we can see where we overlap :thumbsup2Where are you staying? I feel like I read that somewhere but can't remember.

We are booked at the French Quarter for both trips! While i hope they happen if July doesn't happen its because camp is happening which i am reallly realllly hoping happens! I am so sad when they canceled school for the year i am really hoping they get some camp in!

I am hoping we get some news on all fronts soon, i hate the unknown!

Yeah for the most part Cuomo is really impressing me. They put Murphy on here every day too so I listen a bit; he's not bad. I can't listen to him that long lol.

He is a bit, i am not sure how to put it, but i think he is doing a good job so far, but i do not love this whole stay in forever thing!

Aw that is adorable! Ricky put is sweatshirt on for a special picture today which I posted on FB and will post in my next update :)
Her room looks like a sweet girls room! If I posted Chris's room (which you would probably be able to smell through the computer) you would not ever feel like her room was messy again

Thank you! My cousin goes there and she loves the sweatshirt!

HAHA I mean i have cleaned about nothing since this whole thing started, i can not keep up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter