Take me back to our Happy Place - a July 2020 PTR * BRIEF update 5/27*

ariane37

Dis veteran
Hello friends! If you've found me for the first time, :welcome: to my "hopefully July, maybe sooner and I won't even think about later" pre-trip report! If you're here because we're friends and I told you to come - well, that's why we're friends :grouphug: As some of you know, I'm not really a PTR person. You'll see lots of TR's and dining reports in my signature but only 1 or 2 PTR's. So why the sudden jump to this board?

First, how about before I go any further I introduce "me" and my "we"s:

That's me with the red jersey on, Ariane. I get to plan trips for people to destinations all over the world every day which means I get to work from home, usually a pretty cool deal but these days it's a little too crowded in my "office" as I'm sure you guys feel too! Given my job, that means I'm pretty much the planner of all Disney trips. And while I'll go whenever anyone suggests we go, my DH Steve is often the one suggesting additional trips!
He's a Starbucks District Manager by day and an awesome pizza maker by night. He's been working at his( late) friends restaurant for over 40 years and it's not a bad thing to have pizza brought home whenever you want it!

Next is DS Ricky who turns 18 today!

Not the greatest year to be a senior for sure 👨‍🎓 but he's making the best of it so far and we're all looking forward to him starting college in the fall at Quinnipiac University majoring in mechanical engineering. As far as Disney he likes it, he really really likes it!

Not as much as his mommy but he does get excited about going, and is looking forward to our next trip.

Because who WOULDN'T look forward to a Disney trip, especially NOW?

💙

How about
THAT GUY???? ⬇

That's DS Chris 14. Again, many of you are going ::yes:: because you know him from my other reports. If you don't rest assured he is loved, has a great dead pan sense of humor and also does enjoy things, as long as they are on this list:

1. staying home

2. being with friends
3. being in his room
4. video games

5. nothing else

One thing he does like is food so lately his favorite part of our trips has been the restaurants and Epcot festivals! He also enjoys hanging back in the resort while the rest of us enjoy the parks. If he's happy..........

IMG_8434.JPG

Back to this PTR. Like all of us, the last few weeks have me feeling down. And then up. Then tired, angry, thirsty 🍷 hungry - sooooooo hungry- then happy, then down again. It's made me want to avoid the Boards but then come back to be reminded of something I love, something very dear to my heart that holds lots of special memories for my family and a place that has brought me lots of wonderful friendships. So even if I don't get lots of interaction it will help me pass the time until we get to go again; and we will all go again!

The question we all have though is - WHEN?

I know there is no answer to this right now and I also know we all have our own opinions as to when it might open or when it should open, and while I respect that those differ by person I do want to focus on being positive here. After all, hope and something to look forward to are what we all need right now ❤🧡💛💚💙💜
For us it will be July. And September, and fingers are crossed for May or June too! Yeah I know I know, but there isn't much else to do right not other than book Disney trips! May would be a make up for our April Disney cruise/WDW vaca that should be happening now and didn't happen and June would be the back up for our make up. July has been in the books for a few months now as one more trip before Ricky goes off to college, and that's the trip I'll focus on here! If May or June end up happening then YAY!! I'll share details on that when it gets closer for sure! Until then we'll start with what will be our 2nd July 4th trip to Disney 🎆🎆

I'd always wanted to do the 4th there so last year we gave it a go - and had a blast. We found crowds to be great, way less than spring break and better than Thanksgiving. So of course we're doing it again!

WHEN: July 3-9th
WHERE: 2 nights at the CR garden wing, garden view
followed by 4 nights BWI Club Level

We stayed at the Contemporary last July in the main building lake view room. The size of the room and the views were great, but otherwise none of us were wow'ed by the resort. However, if you plan on being at the MK at the end of the night on the 4th, it's really the best place to need to get back to!
We've also stayed 4 or 5x at the Boardwalk but have only done club at the GF and WL so that will be new to us and we're totally looking forward to it.

Wow that's a long intro! If you got through it and are thinking of following along, :thanks: I do always find the intro is the toughest part for me, and my reports get more awesome as they go on 🥳 And I like emoji's............

Oh oh and wait! Before you go let's leave off with a question! Since this report will be about July 4th to start, how about you all answer me this!!!

cropholiday.jpg

Hope to see some fun answers!

I'm here!!! So hoping you are able to do this trip, and in any case looking forward to hearing about the planning with you!!

I’m here and delighted to join you! I could do with some happy planning right now so can’t wait to hear what you plan to do this trip ( and whether or not you actually stick to the plan in the trip report that hopefully follows). :goodvibes
ETA you need to help me add a gif ( figured it out- get me!) cos my brain is apparently working better today lol 486564

Above is my favourite but it is very closely followed by my second favourite holiday

Last edited:
Following along. Looking forward to reading another one of your reports.
I have a college senior so get the difficulty with the senior stuff ( though obviously there are differences). As of now , they have moved graduation from May to August. I so hope that happens.

Joining for your PTR! I wish I was writing a PTR right along with you but that will come in it's own time. The 4th was great last year. Like you I enjoyed the lower crowds and of course it was awesome meeting up with you and your lovely family!

My favourite holiday is.......

Joining in, I really hope all your trips happen!
I didn’t know Steve was a pizza man in the evening, yum!!
We really liked the garden room at CR, the walk to MK is so nice! If our August trip happens we will be at BWI, resort side will be new to us!
My favorite Holiday is 486515

Can't wait to hear about your plans. Half the fun is in planning....

If you're here because we're friends and I told you to come - well, that's why we're friends
Me! I came here for you! :)

he best of it so far and we're all looking forward to him starting college in the fall at Quinnipiac University majoring in mechanical engineering. As far as Disney he likes it, he really
Congrats on choosing a college. Def not great for having a graduation...

1. staying home
2. being with friends
3. being in his room
4. video games

5. nothing else
Has he emerged from his room yet? Morgan started re-joining us yesterday. I said it is a sign that things are getting that bad!

I'm here, but.. fair warning, I may not say much. I don't usually, with PTRs.
That's me with the red jersey on, Ariane.
Um... red sleeves, you mean?
it's not a bad thing to have pizza brought home whenever you want it!
::yes::
Next is DS Ricky who turns 18 today!
Happy birthday to him! My oldest's birthday is tomorrow.
Not the greatest year to be a senior for sure 👨‍🎓
Nope.
while I respect that those differ by person I do want to focus on being positive here. After all, hope and something to look forward to are what we all need right now ❤🧡💛💚💙💜
Sounds good!
cropholiday.jpg
Easy one...
pumpkin.gif

5. nothing else
This made me laugh. :laughing: I needed the laugh :thumbsup2

Happy belated birthday to Ricky! I am with you completely... no one knows what the next few months will bring, but if I don't remain positive-ish about when life will return to normal, I will go insane. So... here's to optimism! :thumbsup2

486622My favorite holiday, hands down!

Following! I also love the 4th of July but my family doesn't share my love. So, I will say that's MY favorite minus the Gif. Maybe DW would be a great place to celebrate!

Following along. My favorite is the 4th of July and Christmas. My husband and I will go fireworks shows every night the week of the 4th. We id this until we had our daughter who hated them and would freak out during them. Then we only went to 1. She is 12 now and does much better so we have started to go to more shows again.

I am really looking forward to reading your PTR! The “Chris list of enjoyable things” made me subscribe (sooo funny and also relatable as a mother of teens) and we also have a trip planned for late June/early July although I’ve also booked for late August given the uncertainty. I can’t seem to bring myself to cancel the June/July trip so maybe reading your report will bring me some clarity :)

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY UnBirthday Ricky. (see 'what I did there ? 'cause your birthday was yesterday) I know this isn't a gif, but it is one of my photos Christmas and Star Wars Day May the Fourth!IMG_20190825_151744067.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!