Swap your bow headband

I can't be sure but I think they were poorly made so were discontinued. I had a loop on 2 different headbands break - Disney replaced both time. The 3rd time it broke I just dealt with it and when I got home I sewed the broken loop back on. I LOVE the idea of the changeable bows and I've bought up all that I can find. I wonder if they will do it again but do it like they did the mickey's 90's re-moveable bow ears - the bows have a clip on them that just attach to the ears - no loop to break.

I can't be sure but I think they were poorly made so were discontinued. I had a loop on 2 different headbands break - Disney replaced both time. The 3rd time it broke I just dealt with it and when I got home I sewed the broken loop back on. I LOVE the idea of the changeable bows and I've bought up all that I can find. I wonder if they will do it again but do it like they did the mickey's 90's re-moveable bow ears - the bows have a clip on them that just attach to the ears - no loop to break.
That's how the current gold/black tuxedo bow works

If you already own the ears there are tons of people selling bows on Etsy and Instagram that you can clip onto them just as easily as you can the Disney ones. I have the ears and a couple Disney bows but I'll be using my 20ish bows from online sellers with them in the future too.

If you already own the ears there are tons of people selling bows on Etsy and Instagram that you can clip onto them just as easily as you can the Disney ones. I have the ears and a couple Disney bows but I'll be using my 20ish bows from online sellers with them in the future too.
Yep. I got the cutest multi-princess themed bow from there. The Princesses went crazy over it during New Years

Plus they have some new bows at Disney. They are new hairbows at Disney that have LED lights in them that would clip on the ears too. I've seen a Minnie, Cinderella, Ariel and something else

Yep. I got the cutest multi-princess themed bow from there. The Princesses went crazy over it during New Years

Plus they have some new bows at Disney. They are new hairbows at Disney that have LED lights in them that would clip on the ears too. I've seen a Minnie, Cinderella, Ariel and something else

I'd die for a light up Ariel bow (I have light up Ariel ears) but I refuse to pay their shipping to canada lol

I was at the Disney Outlet store in Myrtle Beach recently and they had several different bows on clearance. If I remember correctly they were well under $10 each. We don't have the headbands so I didn't pick any up, but now I am regretting it. Wish the outlet was closer!

I was at the Disney Outlet store in Myrtle Beach recently and they had several different bows on clearance. If I remember correctly they were well under $10 each. We don't have the headbands so I didn't pick any up, but now I am regretting it. Wish the outlet was closer!
They can always be used as regular hair bows too.
I even put elastic loops on a regular pair of ears. I found a much more comfortable pair at Party City last Halloween, even have sequins on the ear part. I'd much rather wear these ears but they are otherwise plain. Not anymore, they now hold the bows

I have opened up the end of a Disney headband and pulled out their plastic band and replaced it with a much more pliable plastic headband. Disney ones give me a headache after wearing them for even a short period of time. Now my revamped headbands are way more comfortable.

My DD bought the original black and silver ears but I can't say we felt any of the replacement bows were worth the cost of them. I'm planning on going on Etsy and purchasing a Mulan bow for her to use in place of the original black bow.

The padded headband is very comfortable!

We searched “swap your bow” on Etsy, loads pop up. Bows by Wendy hadgreat products and fast shipping.

I'm kind of annoyed, I bought the starter one and a HM bow, haven't even worn them yet because we went around Halloween and Christmas the next 2 trips so I wore holiday themed bows, and now they discontinued them. I feel like I kind of wasted my money! However, it is far from the only money I have ever wasted at Disney, and I do still like the HM one, so I'll get over it.

Does anyone know if the Swap your bow headband is being discontinued? Someone asked me about mine in the park yesterday and apparently the starter bow and ear set (pictured below) wasn’t to be found anywhere on property. There were still a few bows floating around in the stores but even the bows were slim pickings. We checked the Shop Disney Parks app yesterday, and only found one store in HS that was supposedly selling the headband, but according to the woman I was talking to, she had already looked in HS and found nothing.

I LOVE this headband, I really hope it's not being phased out already. View attachment 360102

Girl....they are discontinued. Been to the park past 2 weeks. Nada. Limited amount avail on seconday market. Likely they are replaced by the new light up hair bows. Good hunting

Is the bow on these attached with a snap or a clip? I looked at the pic on Shop Disney but can't really tell. Thanks! :-)
The Tuxedo bow? That one does attach differently than the Swap your Bow headband did.
It goes on with a clip on tie snap clip type thing. If you are old enough you may remember shoe clips, where you could put decorations on pumps? I was very sad to see it works with a different clip and it would not hold the bows that I could figure out.
You can see it here
s-l640.jpg

The Character Warehouse on Vineland had TONS of the Aurora bows for the Swap Your Bow headband. I was hoping they'd have others, too, but nope. Just Aurora. So sad--so many of these bows were super cute, and the Ebay price for some of them is RIDICULOUS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter