Swap your bow headband

Minerva Mouse

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if the Swap your bow headband is being discontinued? Someone asked me about mine in the park yesterday and apparently the starter bow and ear set (pictured below) wasn’t to be found anywhere on property. There were still a few bows floating around in the stores but even the bows were slim pickings. We checked the Shop Disney Parks app yesterday, and only found one store in HS that was supposedly selling the headband, but according to the woman I was talking to, she had already looked in HS and found nothing.

I LOVE this headband, I really hope it's not being phased out already. upload_2018-10-22_10-47-36.png

It's possible but when I was there less than 2 weeks ago they were abundant. Bows too, and they'd released new ones (Tiki Room and Haunted Mansion), though they aren't all that new now.

I just bought 2 bows for my DD15 last week. We had to order the band online because they are sold out in the stores. A CM at Mousegears told me they were so popular they can’t keep them in stock. I hope they aren’t discontinued.

We were there are couple of weeks ago too, and it seemed like they were everywhere. I bet they are just out of stock and waiting for more to come in.

I just bought 2 bows for my DD15 last week. We had to order the band online because they are sold out in the stores. A CM at Mousegears told me they were so popular they can’t keep them in stock. I hope they aren’t discontinued.

Ok, thanks. Hopefully that's right.... I absolutely love mine.

PS - I've also noticed that some of the bows are going super quick, and they don't seem to be restocking them (Up, Monsters Inc, It's a Small World) so if you see one you want, DON'T HESITATE, bye it immediately, lol!! I did manage to snag, UP and Monsters Inc., but I hesitated on the Small World one, and now I'm regretting it :( I can't find it anywhere.

Ok, thanks. Hopefully that's right.... I absolutely love mine.

PS - I've also noticed that some of the bows are going super quick, and they don't seem to be restocking them (Up, Monsters Inc, It's a Small World) so if you see one you want, DON'T HESITATE, bye it immediately, lol!!
Especially since you can use them with or without the headband. I see as many with them as just hairbows as I do with them on their ears.

We were there in August and they were hard to find too. For the bows we had the best luck at Mousegears in Epcot. I had ordered my ears before our trip and then DD wanted them and it took us a while to find. I was also told it’s because they’re popular and the couldn’t keep the stock up.
We received so many compliments from friends on our pictures with the different bows :)
So far we have Belle, Ariel, Small World, Monsters and Tiki Room

This is so cute! I really like the Tiki Room one. Do you think they will have a Christmas style bow soon? We will be there for the first Christmas party, and I was planning to get some Christmas ears.

This is so cute! I really like the Tiki Room one. Do you think they will have a Christmas style bow soon? We will be there for the first Christmas party, and I was planning to get some Christmas ears.
It would be nice. The headband first came out last year sometime, so it's had 1 Holiday season and they didn't release one. Maybe this year they will

It would be nice. The headband first came out last year sometime, so it's had 1 Holiday season and they didn't release one. Maybe this year they will
Maybe I’ll get them anyways. It is nice how you can change it up.

Yes, the CM will often confirm this when you go to the register. I didn't remember them being $10 each, but I do know they were greatly discounted, plus the passholder discount and it's a SCORE!

Yes, the CM will often confirm this when you go to the register. I didn't remember them being $10 each, but I do know they were greatly discounted, plus the passholder discount and it's a SCORE!

I forgot about the discount! You can’t get the discount online right? Do you think this deal will still be going on in a week and a half? I don’t arrive till Nov. 3.

I forgot about the discount! You can’t get the discount online right? Do you think this deal will still be going on in a week and a half? I don’t arrive till Nov. 3.

I believe you do get the passholder discount on the Shop Disney Parks app, but I'm not sure if you get the discounted price for buying 2 or more. And the deal has been going on for a while now, so it maybe a set thing, you know like they do on the beach towels and some of the other merchandise.

Yes it is being discontinued per a cast member I spoke with last weekend at the Emporium. She indicated that is didn't sell well enough probably due to the cost.

I love these interchangeable bows. They are really comfortable and I get nothing but complements when I wear them at the parks. I think if we all complain to Disney merchandise dept they may bring them back but it has to be a lot of people complaining. Anyone know what email we should send it to?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter