Swan and Dolphin transportation.

Trackerbee

Mouseketeer
Hello, just a question about transportation from Swan and Dolphin. I keep reading different answers??
I know you can walk or take the boat to ECOT and H/S! Now, does Dinsey buses take you to M/K,
A/K, Disney Springs and Water Parks??? Thank You All :)

S/D does not use Disney busses.

For MK, the bus drops at the TTC (you must then ride the monorail), not at the park bus depot as Disney busses do. Other parks pickup and drop at a closer location to the park (typically in the parking lot).

The water parks were not open when I was there, but I would assume they provide service.

Swan/Dolphin do have bus service to all parks and disney springs, not the water parks. ETA- I think the recommended mode of travel is transferring at Disney Springs which seems silly. If water parks are on the agenda, I would just uber/ride share.

The only major transport difference between S/D buses and Disney buses is at Magic Kingdom. The S/D buses cannot drop you off at the MK bus depot at the park entrance, they will drop you at the TTC. From the TTC, you can take a ferry or monorail, (and, sometimes bus when it's super crowded) to MK. We've stayed a bunch at S/D and it's never been a big deal. We will also sometimes walk to BC/YC and take their bus to MK or pick up a BC/YC bus on the way back. If you do get dropped at TTC, just know depending on the time of day, it may add 10 minutes to your travel time or could be as much as 40 min or more. It just varies. My kids don't love the extra walking necessary so most times we do the monorail and it's never been a big deal but we're not rope droppers or ever really on a strict time schedule.

For Blizzard Beach take a Bus to Animal Kingdom and transfer there to a Blizzard Beach bus.

For Typhoon Lagoon take a bus to Disney Springs and transfer to a Typhoon Lagoon bus.

The WDW Resorts do this as well except for the All-Star Resorts and Coronado Springs Resort which have direct buses to Blizzard Beach.

just take a 10 minute walk to the boardwalk or Yacht club. Problem solved. Disney busses right there. Same with coming home at night. Get on a buss to the boardwalk or yacht club. 10 minute walk. easy.

6 of one, half dozen of the other to take the time to walk to YC/BC for their bus (which could be more than a 10 minute walk depending on where your room is) vs taking the bus from D/S and then riding the monorail or ferry on the other end. You might feel like it's faster to go on a direct bus but it really might not be any faster.
Minnie Vans come to D/S/SR too. Expensive so I would only use them if you need a car seat. Otherwise Uber or Lyft are ok (they only drop off at TTC for MK though).

Swan....buses use the charter bus stop at the Westside area at DS. You then walk to the Disney bus area.

Drive, taxi or ride share is the best way to get to the waterparks

I think at animal kingdom they don’t drop you off where Disney bus does. It’s at a different lot a little further away but not terribly far. However keep in mind you can always take a Boardwalk, Yacht or Beach Club bus back as well easy walk back to Swan and Dolphin

I think at animal kingdom they don’t drop you off where Disney bus does. It’s at a different lot a little further away but not terribly far. However keep in mind you can always take a Boardwalk, Yacht or Beach Club bus back as well easy walk back to Swan and Dolphin
The bus drop off at AK is closer than the Disney buses. It's a great spot! The only difference is going to MK. I am a frequent flyer at the S&D and I either walk to the Boardwalk for MK or take a Minnie Van.

The bus drop off at AK is closer than the Disney buses. It's a great spot! The only difference is going to MK. I am a frequent flyer at the S&D and I either walk to the Boardwalk for MK or take a Minnie Van.
Yes I knew it was different drop off at AK just want sure where it was.

The bus stop at the Animal Kingdom is as close, if not closer, than the Disney bus stops. With the added bonuses of having seating and a roof over it. I would only walk to the Boardwalk and use their bus for the Magic Kingdom. Or even use a Minnie Van.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter