SW If you want to sit with your kids

I don't like SW's free for all seating, so I fly Delta whenever I can. I'd rather know exactly on the plane where we are going to sit ESPECIALLY when flying with family. With Delta I can sit in the airport lounge until minutes before last boarding call, where with SW you either have to pay more or line up early. Dont care for it.

I don't like SW's free for all seating, so I fly Delta whenever I can. I'd rather know exactly on the plane where we are going to sit ESPECIALLY when flying with family. With Delta I can sit in the airport lounge until minutes before last boarding call, where with SW you either have to pay more or line up early. Dont care for it.
I also fly Delta, but making it sound like you'll always get to sit with your travelling party (even with assigned seats) isn't totally accurate either. Delta is known for changing equipment and seating assignments between booking and the flight and not always keep people together. Missed connections can also separate travelling companions.

I also fly Delta, but making it sound like you'll always get to sit with your travelling party (even with assigned seats) isn't totally accurate either. Delta is known for changing equipment and seating assignments between booking and the flight and not always keep people together. Missed connections can also separate travelling companions.

I'm sure it happens on all airlines with assigned seats sure. That's just the risk. But it's still the difference between an assigned seat and a race to get in line. That's just not they way I want to travel to save 100 bucks.

I will say when we fly Delta using the cheapest tickets, the ones where you get a seat assignment the night before or sometimes even at the gate.(We use this option for a yearly trip to Albany. I hate buying that ticket class but we do it for this one trip as its an expensive route.) Several times our party is split, which is normal for that ticket class. But when I say Im travelling with a 4 and 2 year old they immediately put us together. Sure they don't have to. But so far they always have and simply asking isn't even an option at SW.

So last summer we bought EBCI for our flight to Orlando and home. I have a teenager and a 7 year old. This is what made me mad.

On the way down to orlando it worked great. We were in the early B group and was able to get seats for the 3 of us just fine.

On the way home though....... We were again in group B, I thought I would be fine BUT this is what made me upset. I followed the rules with my 7 year old. BUT the amount of family boarding with children that seemed to be over the age of 6 was CRAZY! By the time family boarding was done board there was hardly anyone left to board.

I bought EBCI so that I did not have to worry about seats together, BUT so many game the system that it is unfair to us that use the system honestly!

Good to know. I won't be flying Delta either now.

I guess I am the odd one out on this thread. I can’t imagine sitting on an airplane with random strangers while my other family members are elsewhere with other randos. I think it’s ridiculous to have to pay extra for something called EBCI in order to be able to sit together with my loved ones.

Sorry. I don’t get it.

I would rather fly on a traditional airline even if it means that fares are more expensive.

Let the flaming begin...

I just flew Delta and they have a base fare where you don't get to select your seat. Plenty of single fliers took advantage of it and sat in the middles. That fare was sold out for my flight so I did get to select my seat in advance (it was business travel and not sure if work would have paid for "not cheapest" if "cheapest" was available.)

So how is having one fare where you don't select your seat and another where you pay more to different than paying for EBCI? How is it "ridiculous" to "pay extra" on one airline but not another? Makes no sense to me. Even with the EBCI Southwest is usually the better price for me and I will even pay MORE for it than legacy airlines out of a large airport to avoid the stress of a large airport.

Not a flame, you just are making zero logical sense. I'll pay more to fly a different airline overall to fly with my family but I won't pay less "more" to SW to fly with my family? I mean your choice, but not the logical one by far.

I guess I am the odd one out on this thread. I can’t imagine sitting on an airplane with random strangers while my other family members are elsewhere with other randos. I think it’s ridiculous to have to pay extra for something called EBCI in order to be able to sit together with my loved ones.

Sorry. I don’t get it.

I would rather fly on a traditional airline even if it means that fares are more expensive.

Let the flaming begin...
i have had seating changed on traditional airlines to where I was not seated with my at the time young kids. even that airline had to ask for people to change seats with us and this was years ago and not South West. and before you ask yes I had picked seats together and they were that way on my Ressie but when we got to airport we were not in the assigned seats

Sorry. I don’t get it.

Let the flaming begin...

If you do EBCI, you can easily sit together.

And, if you check in at exactly 24 hours, there is a high chance you will sit together.

And, if neither works, sorry you have to sit with other "randos". Maybe others think you are the "randos".
LOL
LOL
LOL

If you do EBCI, you can easily sit together.

And, if you check in at exactly 24 hours, there is a high chance you will sit together.

And, if neither works, sorry you have to sit with other "randos". Maybe others think you are the "randos".
LOL
LOL
LOL
Charming

i have had seating changed on traditional airlines to where I was not seated with my at the time young kids. even that airline had to ask for people to change seats with us and this was years ago and not South West. and before you ask yes I had picked seats together and they were that way on my Ressie but when we got to airport we were not in the assigned seats
That’s terrible.

I just flew Delta and they have a base fare where you don't get to select your seat. Plenty of single fliers took advantage of it and sat in the middles. That fare was sold out for my flight so I did get to select my seat in advance (it was business travel and not sure if work would have paid for "not cheapest" if "cheapest" was available.)

So how is having one fare where you don't select your seat and another where you pay more to different than paying for EBCI? How is it "ridiculous" to "pay extra" on one airline but not another? Makes no sense to me. Even with the EBCI Southwest is usually the better price for me and I will even pay MORE for it than legacy airlines out of a large airport to avoid the stress of a large airport.

Not a flame, you just are making zero logical sense. I'll pay more to fly a different airline overall to fly with my family but I won't pay less "more" to SW to fly with my family? I mean your choice, but not the logical one by far.
You are too kind. Have a lovely day.

Rude.

Sorry. I don’t get it.

Let the flaming begin...
No flame, but it's interesting that you're willing to fly other, more expensive, pay-for-what-you-use fees - but not Southwest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter