SW:GE opening guess Dec 4 - DVC related

View attachment 376167

I’m in Central Time so 23:01 is just after midnight Eastern.

The booking calendar has rolled over to the next day even though you can’t book until 8 am.

The first opportunity for a walker to drop the 17th and add the 24th would be 8 hours from now.

And yet. The 24th populated empty, just like every value studio day has since the 3rd. NOBODY, even a walker, is allowed to book this room until 8am. Except, there are none available to book.

They’re all gone before the booking window ever opens for anybody.
I’m so glad you screen shot this!! I’ve been saying this for the last two weeks, it’s NOT walkers... they are just gone from inventory!

I suppose it could still be a computer glitch. I mentioned on another thread that I believe that happened in August. It was the same type of thing happening now and all of a sudden one day there was full availability over the dates that had been gone, and had been unbookable, the same way we are seeing here now. I suppose it is possible that Disney is seeing availability on their end and making those available for cash...
Or, the August "glitch" was just a trial balloon to see if they could do it. The rooms from August never made it into CRO inventory. They released the rooms to DVC members later because their real goal was to pull this ******** in December.

Wow, this is infuriating. Since they control the booking system they could get them first anyways at 8:00:00 while owners are too late at 8:00:01. The fact that they’re not even trying to hide it is ridiculous.

Wow, this is infuriating. Since they control the booking system they could get them first anyways at 8:00:00 while owners are too late at 8:00:01. The fact that they’re not even trying to hide it is ridiculous.

They also could simply not book an entire category...then people would see a little movement and DVC could say someone just beat us to it. They likely are doing this elsewhere as well but we don't notice because they don't pull an entire category.

It isn't ridiculous. Most of the membership is blindly trusting or has seriously compromised judgement where Disney is concerned. They'll do it until we no longer allow it, ie forever.

I called MS and got nowhere when talking to them ( about the pulled value studios)--- Has anyone else contacted them??? Or does anyone know a better way to actually get ahold of someone who can think for themselves and answer questions without reading from a script??

On the original topic - I think that Star Wars will open earlier than December; DVC pulling 13 rooms hardly constitutes them blocking large portions of their inventory..... (Interesting to note that Epcot's Food & Wine dates have yet to be announced - they usually are by this time).....

I called MS and got nowhere when talking to them ( about the pulled value studios)--- Has anyone else contacted them??? Or does anyone know a better way to actually get ahold of someone who can think for themselves and answer questions without reading from a script??

On the original topic - I think that Star Wars will open earlier than December; DVC pulling 13 rooms hardly constitutes them blocking large portions of their inventory..... (Interesting to note that Epcot's Food & Wine dates have yet to be announced - they usually are by this time).....
F&W was announced mid-March last year. I wouldn't read anything into that yet.

And we don't know whether DVC pulled any shenanigans with other resort bookings. AKV CL and AKV Value are small booking categories compared to other resorts. Taking a few OKW, BWV and BCV studios out without removing all of them would probably go unnoticed unless every one of the studios at those resorts was being walked like the ones at AKV were.

IF Disney is doing pre-pulls of inventory, there is no reason to believe they would disclose to the average phone rep. Or leave a significant paper trail, for that matter.

People interrsted in the Values rooms, keep a look at the website, they're coming back.
They've realized they've made a big mistake and will point to a computer glitch.

Nothing at Disney Pop Century Resort for any type room all of 2019. This wasn't true three weeks ago. They look like this might also be a computer issue. I don't know. Also, I was never ever able to get a reservation for a BWV at eleven months for standard handicap studio. They were always full. I had to make a waitlist. A couple of days show up after December 1st, but that is all. I wonder if guests are walking reservations weeks in advance for the first week of December for BWV standard studios and BWV handicap standard studios.

No rooms for owner points rental, yet same rooms offered for cash is extreme BS and a really bad look...

...but the inference that this has anything to do with SWGE opening is laughable. Disney is profiteering the 10 (okay, I don’t know the exact number but there aren’t many, are there?) value rooms at AKV, only the value rooms, with a smaller floorplan and parking lot view, nowhere near DHS, starting Dec 3, so that’s clear indication that that’s when SWGE is opening? I’ve heard more plausible theories about Neil Armstrong’s moon landing.

No rooms for owner points rental, yet same rooms offered for cash is extreme BS and a really bad look...

...but the inference that this has anything to do with SWGE opening is laughable. Disney is profiteering the 10 (okay, I don’t know the exact number but there aren’t many, are there?) value rooms at AKV, only the value rooms, with a smaller floorplan and parking lot view, nowhere near DHS, starting Dec 3, so that’s clear indication that that’s when SWGE is opening? I’ve heard more plausible theories about Neil Armstrong’s moon landing.
Well, there are something like 18 rooms, they took concierge out for 5 days at the same time and who knows how many rooms they’re taking in categories that don’t show up empty so easily on the booking engine.

But. It’s scheduled to open “late Fall” and When Disney says “late”, they normally mean late.

It’s a very good possibility that SW:GE is opening sometime during that three week or so period before IX is released in theaters on the 20th.

So. Making a guess in that period based on this speculation isn’t all that far-fetched considering it’s almost certainly gonna drop in this timeframe anyway.

I think I would also have about a 1/20 chance of being right making a guess in Dec because it rained here in Texas last night; there WERE other underlying assumptions in play with that guess.

That said, it was just for fun to speculate anyway, and maybe get other opinions.

Wow, DVC is looking shadier and shadier by the day, one year after I got in. Unreal. Have they ever pulled anything like this before? I would really be pissed if I was a AKVs owner. Now I will admit I was able to get a CL studio this past year for a couple of nights through Disney releasing them unexpectedly into the DVC inventory. I was assuming it had been pulled for maintenance, but now I wonder? The CL rooms are the hardest to get with DVC, this is sorry of Disney to do.

Really makes me smile when I think about using my blue card for DVC discounts while at the world. :rolleyes: (I have a white card online)

Well, there are something like 18 rooms, they took concierge out for 5 days at the same time and who knows how many rooms they’re taking in categories that don’t show up empty so easily on the booking engine.

But. It’s scheduled to open “late Fall” and When Disney says “late”, they normally mean late.

It’s a very good possibility that SW:GE is opening sometime during that three week or so period before IX is released in theaters on the 20th.

So. Making a guess in that period based on this speculation isn’t all that far-fetched considering it’s almost certainly gonna drop in this timeframe anyway.

I think I would also have about a 1/20 chance of being right making a guess in Dec because it rained here in Texas last night; there WERE other underlying assumptions in play with that guess.

That said, it was just for fun to speculate anyway, and maybe get other opinions.

Didn’t the grand poobah say “late, third quarter” in relatively recent interview? I was thinking mid September, pre October rush. I agree with your take on usage of work “late” being later vs sooner with most openings.

Was ‘walked out’ of starting 2019 fall trip the last Saturday of September. Had to settle for a Sunday start, in AK-K standard studio. Waitlisted AK for both value & standard studios same day to run thru first week of October. Within days the AK standard came thru. Not holding breath for the value to do the same.

Didn’t the grand poobah say “late, third quarter” in relatively recent interview? I was thinking mid September, pre October rush. I agree with your take on usage of work “late” being later vs sooner with most openings.

Was ‘walked out’ of starting 2019 fall trip the last Saturday of September. Had to settle for a Sunday start, in AK-K standard studio. Waitlisted AK for both value & standard studios same day to run thru first week of October. Within days the AK standard came thru. Not holding breath for the value to do the same.

October sometime is still a possibility but I think September’s out. Room discount / free dining promos currently go through September 30th. No way would they have done that if they planned a September opening.

Disneyland SWGE will of course be open sometime in Q3.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter