Sushi in Cabanas?

DisneySunPrincess

Mouseketeer
Has anyone been on the Dream very recently that can confirm if they still have sushi in Cabanas for lunch and if so, where in the buffet line to go to find it? When I was on the Fantasy last December, I never found any. Thanks!

I was just on Dream a week ago, I only ate there on embarkation day for lunch (had breakfast the other time) and I do not remember seeing Sushi there. If I did, I would have grabbed some.

Typically if they have sushi it is towards the aft, down near the dessert area. Usually they have it just to the side of the carving station. Selection is pretty limited with 4 choices or so.

Typically if they have sushi it is towards the aft, down near the dessert area. Usually they have it just to the side of the carving station. Selection is pretty limited with 4 choices or so.
I found it all the way in back as well near that same carving/dessert area. I agree that the selection is pretty limited. I love sushi but I didn’t find it all that great.

I remember seeing sushi on the Dream in Cabanas our last cruise, though that was a couple of years ago. There's so darned many stations, I cannot recall where to direct you. Glad others can remember! :cutie:

I would eat sushi every day if I could, but I take a solid “pass” on Cabanas sushi every time.
My sentiments exactly! I had Kona Cafe booked for my Pre-cruise sushi fix, but I found out they no longer serve the volcano roll so I canceled the ADR.

Yes, there is sushi. If I remember correctly, the station was toward the center of the Cabanas "horseshoe", at lunch. The selection was limited. Each plate had a California roll, tuna, and a veggie seaweed roll I can't recall and/or spell. Not the best I've had, but I did go back for seconds.

Dream: 8/10/2018

Yes, there is sushi. If I remember correctly, the station was toward the center of the Cabanas "horseshoe", at lunch. The selection was limited. Each plate had a California roll, tuna, and a veggie seaweed roll I can't recall and/or spell. Not the best I've had, but I did go back for seconds.

Dream: 8/10/2018

I think this is the main reason why everyone is not finding it, there no place in Cabanas for it to repeat so if you go past it you miss it...

Hello, my name is Mark, and I'm addicted to sushi.

That said, I'm getting a vibe that the sushi on DCL is done mostly to tick off the box that says "WE SERVE SUSHI" rather than to actually offer it as a viable alternative for peeps like me. Here's a couple pics I found via Google...

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...-seas-bahamian-cruise-on-disney-dream-nassau/
https://www.disboards.com/threads/is-there-sushi-on-the-dream.2680514/
https://disneycruiselineblog.com/2014/03/trip-log-day-2-disney-fantasy-at-sea/

So it's not as much SUSHI as it is "sushi", with respect to the admittedly decent craftsmanship shown. I see that some of the monstrous RC ships have dedicated sushi joints, but not so here. Maybe on the next class of DCL ship?

Tangentially, speaking as a rare visitor to Orlando who will be spending the entire day preceding the cruise in town, where would one go to get a sushi fix before shipping out? Any recommendations?

Mark

Tangentially, speaking as a rare visitor to Orlando who will be spending the entire day preceding the cruise in town, where would one go to get a sushi fix before shipping out? Any recommendations?

Loved your post on DCL sushi! :cutie:

Our very favorite sushi place in Orlando, which we hit very often, is Seito Sushi on Turkey Lake and Sand Lake, in the same shopping center as the Whole Foods. It's a gorgeous restaurant, they do have a nightly Happy Hour w/$2 off rolls and small plates as well. Visiting Hawaii annually I am a bit of a fish snob, (we LOVE to eat poke while in Hawaii!), and for our palates, it's Seito!!

http://seitosushi.com/contact-us-sand-lake/

Ooh, yes! Any Poke recommendations would make me look like a hero to my wife and earn you my undying gratitude. :)

And SORTA back on track, a little research shows that for those of us wanting to get their sushi on while on cruise, it seems there are more than a couple eateries in various ports en route. North American and European stops aside, the Caribbean seems to have some well-reviewed places. I'm doing Western Caribbean this fall, and I can spot a good half dozen in Cozumel alone:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=sush...474!3d20.5082753458896!3m2!1i860!2i764!4f13.1

The pictures suggest that fried maki is fairly popular - should we be surprised for sushi in Mexico? :P I like my nigiri straight-up, so I'm wondering if that'll be a challenge...

George Town has a few places too, but none in Falmouth; still, that's more than I was expecting. Then again, we were in Cancun not look long ago and found an excellent, Japanese-run sushi joint not too far from our hotel on the strip. Surprises where you least expect 'em! :)

Mark

My grocery store has better sushi than Cabanas. The best you can say for the sushi is that it is fresh.
This! :lmao:I live in the woods and I mean deep into dark territory on a dirt road with potholes. You need satellite to get any sort of tv programming, but my local grocery store has a young Japanese guy making sushi and it is incredible stuff!

Ooh, yes! Any Poke recommendations would make me look like a hero to my wife and earn you my undying gratitude. :)

They really only have one dish that I consider poke, and it is listed as Spicy Tuna Kobachi on their small plates menu. It is classic, cubed gorgeous tuna with a pretty good kick to it. You can order mild, med, or blow your head off! :cutie: Sometimes their medium is quite hot (depends on the chef's heavy handedness) so we often order it mild w/extra sauce on the side so we can make it as spicy as we want. It is very good if you like poke!

Just up Sand Lake Rd, on "restaurant row", in the older Dr. Phillips Shopping Center is a new poke place called Lemon Shark. It's supposed to be VERY good. I believe it is close to the Starbucks there. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter