• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Surviving the heat and footwear update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I find this entire conversation about the "danger" of misters "anal" but my son as well as any other child who wants to amuse himself with a mister has just as much right to be in the parks with his mister as you do with your highly sensitive electronic wheelchair. You won't find me saying "jeez those wheelchairs are a danger to society when they are constantly bumping into the backs of our heels and legs and running into us sometimes avoidably. I understand your concerns completely and my son does not go around misting strange innocent machinery on purpose. Mostly he drinks the water and keeps himself cool and hydrated and in good health and spirits. As I said before, my son's happiness means more to me than anything and if he was to get overheated and dehydrated or sick from heat stroke or exaustion, it would be a hell of a lot more than $2000 if he had to be hospitalized because of it not to mention terrifying and worrysome. My son is not replaceable. That is all I have to say on this matter.

Wethen I hope you don't mind when I yell at your son to get the H__L away from me with the mister. And I will and have and castmembers have backed me up on it.
Btw my daughter's broke foot from a runaway wheelcahir cost over $30,000 and she now has a great weather predictor.

There are a lot of things that I could say to you however let's just say that if you mess with me that is one thing but if you mess with my children, you'd see a tigress protecting her cub with the ferocity of which will have you on your a$$ and us both getting ejected from park. You are not above everyone else because of your handicap and I do not and will not EVER tolerate deliberate and cruel treatment toward my 5 year old son. This conversation is assinine and pathetic.

talking hands...... at first I was, I'll admit, very taken aback by your comments, but then considered your side. Yes, I can understand being in a wheelchair and it's complex designs.

But you could use a little sensitivity in your responses. you get more with honey than vinegar! I know you'll probably be upset with my response too, but you know what???? this is supposed to be a friendly board, so educate us, don't lecture us.

Ok, this thread is getting out of control, and it will either be locked or deleted, please obey the rules, thank you.

Hi everybody! Just a reminder that the DIS does have established posting guidelines, found by clicking here. Please pay attention to the no fighting guideline - it takes away from the appropriateness of the thread and the original post. We moderators ask that the fighting ends here; any furhter pulic fighting or personal attacks will cause this thread to be locked/deleted. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM or e-mail any Tips Board moderator.

Thank you for your anticipated cooperation! :)

Holy mackeral! I'll have to check this out on my uncle's wheelchair, there was nothing in the manual to say if it got a little misted by water that it would be ruined like this. I see lots of people in wheelchairs like this riding down the street in the rain and such with no problems. I wonder why this one is so sensitive?
To be on the safe side why not make a cover to go over it to protect it like suggested here? This way you won't have to get nasty with someone who acccidentally misted in your direction(or the wind could blos some water your way too!) Personally I would rather have a kid amusing himself this way instead of annoying everyone around him with his whining or antics and such. My kids and I play with ours at times in line.
By the way if you're in a wheelchair how come you're in line with everyone else? Don't you usually go in thru the exits like the rest of the wheelchair users?

Well... I must say that being born and raised in the cool Pacific Northwest, my main concern about going in Aug. was the affect the heat would have on my DS 11 and DS 9. soooo, I bought us all Mister Fans!!!!!! Yippee and they do worh great!
And I did ask them not to spray anyone unless they BEG to be sprayed....LOL:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :bounce:

Those in wheelcahir go through the mainsttream lines now unless the line is not accessible such as Small World. Most if not all the lines at Animal Kingdom allow mainstream access. Magic Kingdom is where you will see people going through alternate entrances as it was built before accessibility was the law. MGM is also mostly accessible, EPCOT is about 3/4 accessible.

Only time I have not gone through the mainstream line at AK was for Tarzan because one of the interpreters pulled me out of line to take me through the backstage area to where they do the interpreting. I could not at the time transfer from the wheelchair at all except to a bed and needed help to do that. The interpreter knew I was coming to the show and met me since he knew the situation.

ChrisN I would thank you not to threaten me. I would never purposely runover a child. But you do need to realize the danger that can be caused by a controller that has gotten damp and shorted out. It is not my fault or any power chair users fault when this happens and it happens unexpectedly. Do you think I enjoy not being able to control my power wheelchair? It is dangerous to me as well. Since I have seen it happen I have to be anal about the controller staying dry. Sorry you don't like it but that is they way it is!
I am taking Tink's suggestion to make a cover and have suggested it to the makers of my power wheelchair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter