Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we manage to shut down for a few weeks and curb the spread, things could be back to normal within a few weeks. Just trying to keep thinking positive.
Even if this is a success in the US and all these drastic measures work and there are no cases in the US by end of March, it will still happen again because the world has it. Unless we go full hermit and lock out world travel this is all useless. (Note: not suggesting this)

It is actually closing 3/14 not 3/13. We are here now and Saturday was supposed to be our last park day, but we decided to stay the last day anyway and do Downtown Disney and the afternoon tea at the hotel. Fortunately we were still able to do pretty much everything this week except Fantasmic, which we have already seen a bunch of times. We got to ride RotR several times so that seems like a good week to me!

If we manage to shut down for a few weeks and curb the spread, things could be back to normal within a few weeks. Just trying to keep thinking positive.

That is not at all what's going to happen. This has already gotten away from us. They goal now is to flatten the bell curve of cases, to avoid the sharp spike Italy got, in an effort to spread out medical care. Our hospitals can't handle it. Currently, they're predicting that cases will double every 2 days, which in NY is happening. We're just trying to slow it down to a manageable level.

Honestly, the entitlement is almost laughable. Disney stipulates in their AP contract that you have no absolute rights to the park. If the park shuts down, they don't have to compensate or reimburse for lost annual pass time. Will they do it? Probably, because they have excellent customer service. No demands need to be made.

This isn't even just the comments I've seen on this thread, it's more so the comments on FB posts where people are getting super dramatic and saying "Disney WILL be compensating me for my lost AP time or else!!!" and other comments to that effect. People, it's only a small closure. Were you really going to visit and risk getting sick?

/end rant

We were set for the first week of May. Will be interesting to see how long the closure ends up lasting. I could see it going further into April if one of the reasons is because of the local government ruling for gathering of large crowds.

Even more intriguing will be if they are in fact open in early May how busy it will end up being. Will it be packed with those that are effected now by the closure or will people be driven away for a few months. Interesting times we are in...

I was just thinking the same thing! We go 5/13-16 and now am wondering if the park is open i(WDW) if it will be twice as busy as it would have been. Actually just trying to think about anything other than sad stuff.

This! I've gotten emails from Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Kimpton all saying they are refunding in full all hotel stays until the end of April. Even ones booked as non-refundable. For those who are worried, it is worth a call to your particular hotel to find out instead of assuming they won't do anything.

I called the Disney Convention reservation desk yesterday around 3pm PDST. well before this news broke...I asked if the No Refund policy for deposits for Dapper Days Resort reservations would change because of the Coronavirus situation and his reply was no, the No refund policy was still in effect.. Quote : Your reservation is for Mid April and this whole Corona thing will be over by then . Unquote...

I am so sorry to all of those who had plans. We have WDW planned for April 8-13, who knows what will happen then ... but I am prepared to have it cancel.

It is a bummer, but I'd rather error on the side of caution. I wish our nation would have done some things sooner than later, but no sense talking about something we cannot change. We are living in the here and now, and my motto for the next month is "Netflix and chill" because that is pretty much what they want us to do.

I called the Disney Convention reservation desk yesterday around 3pm PDST. well before this news broke...I asked if the No Refund policy for deposits for Dapper Days Resort reservations would change because of the Coronavirus situation and his reply was no, the No refund policy was still in effect.. Quote : Your reservation is for Mid April and this whole Corona thing will be over by then . Unquote...

To be fair, everyone woke up to a very different day today than it was yesterday. ETA: in terms of closures and cancellations. The risk was still there and this stuff still needed to be done yesterday but things moved extremely quickly today.

Even if this is a success in the US and all these drastic measures work and there are no cases in the US by end of March, it will still happen again because the world has it. Unless we go full hermit and lock out world travel this is all useless. (Note: not suggesting this)

The point isn't to completely get rid of it, the point is to try to minimize the spread as much as possible, to flatten the curve, and provide more time for hospitals to keep up and more treatments to be found

Have you seen what is happening in Italy?
Maybe if you're young you'll do fine, but if your parents and grandparents have more than a 10% chance of dying if they get this, people should be taking it more seriously. It has already proven to be much more deadly than regular flu or cold, specifically in certain age groups.

Head of the CDC says it is 10 times deadlier than the flu.

Reactions: rkw
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter