Sunshine, food and fun...a perfect March Break adventure! A March '22 trip report! Back from PEI 08/09

After finishing up at Geyser Point , we atrolled through Boulder Ridge and hung out in the Carolwood Room for a bit. While I enjoy many of the Disney resorts, Wilderness Lodge is the one closest to my heart and I am so glad we chose it for our first DVC home.
Really enjoying your report, and love your Tiki dress! Wilderness Lodge is probably my favorite resort so far too, I love the relaxing feeling there. The Carolwood Room is so cool, I love the history there and it’s never been crowded.

Thank you!

Are you on FB? DM me your user name and I will friend you and add you to the group if you want. :)

Hi Cloe! So nice to see you here! I highly recommend Stephanie as your server if she is working that night. Congratulations on your upcoming 5 year anniversary, Flying Fish will be the perfect way to celebrate!
I'm definitely excited! The last time we ate there is was my favorite steak of the whole trip!

Really enjoying your report, and love your Tiki dress! Wilderness Lodge is probably my favorite resort so far too, I love the relaxing feeling there. The Carolwood Room is so cool, I love the history there and it’s never been crowded.
Thank you so much! I am a big fan of the Lodge, it is such a lovely respite away from the parks. :)

Saying goodbye to Old Key West and heading home!

Sorry for the delay in updating....I was having issues logging in from my laptop after they changed servers. I could still do quick replies on my phone but a whole post was beyond my tech skills. I was finally able to log in today and am happy to be back!

Our last morning came all too quickly as it always does. I wouldn't say that we were feeling our best after indulging quite a bit the night before. We had a breakfast reservation for Olivia's at 8:30 so strolled over there after finishing up our packing. I was happy to have my Owner's Locker and my suitcase felt much lighter going home! Hopefully I will be able to do carry on from now on.

We had a bit of wait for our table even though the restaurant was half empty. Maybe staffing issues? I went for the Eggs Benedict with Olivia's potatoes.
IMG_0426.jpeg
It was good although could have been cooked an extra minute. I am so fussy about my poached eggs, Bill dreads it when I order them in a restaurant as it's rare that they are perfect. The crab cakes under the eggs were good though.

Bill went for the classic breakfast with sausage and really enjoyed it.
IMG_0427.jpeg

I wasn't overly thrilled with Olivia's. It was quite expensive for what we had and I found the portion a bit skimpy. I mean would it kill them to add a little fresh fruit to the plate?

That big plate looks pretty empty doesn't it?
IMG_0428.jpeg
We enjoyed our walk back to the room, taking in all the beauty of the landscaping and loving the warm sunshine. We knew we were a long way from that at home! We contacted Bell Services to come and pick up my Owner's Locker and they arrived quickly. I have to say the CMs at OKW were super kind and helpful. :) We ordered a Lyft to get to the airport and they were able to come right to our building. We had a quick ride to MCO and were able to check in quickly. We had a delay leaving of course which made our connection in Montreal precarious but we made it and were back on Canadian soil by 8 pm. It was such an awesome trip and we were so happy to have the time together!

Our favourites.......

Park ~Bill loved seeing Galaxy's Edge and I was a toss up between Epcot for Flower and Garden and AK for general awesomeness!
Resort ~ Old Key West for the win!
Restaurants ~ Flying Fish
Surprise hit ~ Frontera Concina
Lounge ~ Baseline Taphouse
Snack ~ Mickey Mousse cake from Amorettes

Thanks to everyone for following along! I really enjoyed the comments and camaderie. Nothing better than Disney friends! I may pop back in with a few planning updates for my solo trip coming up in 49 days (not that I'm counting, lol!)

See you real soon!

Last edited:
I could still do quick replies on my phone but a whole post was beyond my tech skills. I was finally able to log in today and am happy to be back!
Really!
You're the first that I've heard who had issues.

Then again, I wasn't actively looking to see if anyone was.
I wouldn't say that we were feeling our best after indulging quite a bit the night before.
:rolleyes:
I went for the Eggs Benedict with Olivia's potatoes.
mmmmmm... Eggs Benedict.

Looove Eggs Benedict.
I am so fussy about my poached eggs, Bill dreads it when I order them in a restaurant as it's rare that they are perfect.
I make sure to always order them poached soft. How do you like them?
I mean would it kill them to add a little fresh fruit to the plate?
Now that you mention it...
Something was bothering me about your plate, and that was it.
It really does!
We had a delay leaving of course which made our connection in Montreal precarious
Ah yes... been there.
(Montreal, yes... but I really mean the connection dance.)
Thanks to everyone for following along!
Thanks so much for writing!
Nothing better than Disney friends!
::yes::
See you real soon!
In some cases... literally! :goodvibes

I wasn't overly thrilled with Olivia's. It was quite expensive for what we had and I found the portion a bit skimpy. I mean would it kill them to add a little fresh fruit to the plate?

They really should add something to that big plate, or use a smaller plate. :)

I may pop back in with a few planning updates for my solo trip coming up in 49 days (not that I'm counting, lol!)

I hope you do report back before your next trip. I just booked a trip on Friday when airfare went our sale that might overlap with your trip. :)

Sounds like a wonderful trip! We have an OL too but I still waaayyyy overpack and don't think I could ever just travel with a carry-on, though that sounds heavenly!

Can't wait to hear about your solo trip plans...I'm busy making plans of my own :goodvibes

I really enjoyed reading all about your March trip!
I’m very happy you enjoyed OKW, I think we would have if we didn’t have such noisy neighbors!
I really wish our trips would have overlapped this August, it would have been so much fun to hang out with you!
We will keep this in mind for future trips, traveling at the same time especially if we are solo!

Really!
You're the first that I've heard who had issues.

Then again, I wasn't actively looking to see if anyone was.
From what I saw on the tech board, there were others having difficulty. I had two factor authorization enabled and I couldn't get the email with the code to go to my email. I asked them to remove the two factor and am able to log in with no issue now. :)
I make sure to always order them poached soft. How do you like them?
I like them soft too but these were a little too soft. I need the whites to be opaque and these were bordering on transparent. They looked a little slimy and really I should have sent them back.
Something was bothering me about your plate, and that was it.
Right??? Give a girl a few orange slices, a piece of melon and a few berries. It would have made the plate much more attractive.
Ah yes... been there.
(Montreal, yes... but I really mean the connection dance.)
The connection dance is SO stressful!! Typically we fly Pearson to Orlando but the price point was too good to pass up connecting in Montreal.
In some cases... literally! :goodvibes
Yay! Really looking forward to meeting up with you and Elle!
I hope you do report back before your next trip. I just booked a trip on Friday when airfare went our sale that might overlap with your trip. :)
Hi Sue! I noticed your post on the August group! I will send you a DM with my plans. It would be great to have a Dismeet. :)
Sounds like a wonderful trip! We have an OL too but I still waaayyyy overpack and don't think I could ever just travel with a carry-on, though that sounds heavenly!
Thanks Kelly! One thing I invested in was compression packing cubes. It makes a big difference in getting everything into a carry on. :) I also use my park bag as a packing cube of sorts by packing socks, jammies, swim wear etc in it then filling the space by it with my shoes.
Can't wait to hear about your solo trip plans...I'm busy making plans of my own :goodvibes
So excited for you!
really enjoyed reading all about your March trip!
I’m very happy you enjoyed OKW, I think we would have if we didn’t have such noisy neighbors!
I really wish our trips would have overlapped this August, it would have been so much fun to hang out with you!
We will keep this in mind for future trips, traveling at the same time especially if we are solo!
Thanks for being here, Caroline! I really wished we overlapped in August too! We will definitely make plans for future trips.:goodvibes

From what I saw on the tech board, there were others having difficulty. I had two factor authorization enabled and I couldn't get the email with the code to go to my email. I asked them to remove the two factor and am able to log in with no issue now. :)
Ah! I don't have that, so that explains it.
I like them soft too but these were a little too soft. I need the whites to be opaque and these were bordering on transparent. They looked a little slimy and really I should have sent them back.
Yeah, bordering on raw at that point.
Give a girl a few orange slices, a piece of melon and a few berries.
:laughing: okay
Yay! Really looking forward to meeting up with you and Elle!
Me too!

Wonderful trip report! I loved reading and following along. It has made me want to book a Disney hotel without park tickets just to get a few days to enjoy the resort amenities and reading on the balcony. :goodvibes Please do share details about your upcoming August trip! Also another touring style I'd love to try. (A solo visit.)

Wonderful trip report! I loved reading and following along. It has made me want to book a Disney hotel without park tickets just to get a few days to enjoy the resort amenities and reading on the balcony. :goodvibes Please do share details about your upcoming August trip! Also another touring style I'd love to try. (A solo visit.)
Thanks Alexis! I hope you are having the best time on your trip right now. :) I will definitely do a PTR update soon.
Glad you had a great trip!!
Thanks Cloe! It won't be long now until you are on your anniversary trip!:goodvibes
I read Winter World, very good book and series. Nothing better than a good book poolside
Thanks for the recommendation! I will have to check that out. :)

Thanks for sharing your trip with us all. I’ve loved reading along. So glad you had a great time together. Also looking forward to your solo adventures 😊

Summer solo trip PTR update!

With only 43 days to go until my summer solo trip, I thought I'd do a little update on my plans so far. :)
Of course I am more than a little nervous flying these days with all the chaos at the airports. I am flying West Jet from Toronto to Orlando with a 7 am flight departure. This will have me leaving my house at 3 am! Yikes! The good part is that I will arrive by 9:40 am and should be on property by 10:30 am if all goes well.

Resort details.....3 nights at the beautiful new resort studios at the Grand Floridian. I think these are just beautiful with the subtle Mary Poppins theming. Plus it is perfect for a solo trip as Bill does not care for the theming of the GF at all.

1657370377521.png
This will be followed by 4 nights at my beloved Animal Kingdom Lodge in a deluxe studio. I am SO excited to stay there again. I always enjoy a split stay as it feels like two vactions in one!
1657370577760.png
Here's what I am looking at day by day......

August 21st ~ arrival day. Check in to the Grand Floridian. Magic Kingdom Park. Dinner at Citricos followed by fireworks from the beach.
August 22nd ~ Hollywood Studios. Lunch at Hollywood Brown Derby. Extra evening hours at Epcot.
August 23rd ~ Animal Kingdom. Lunch at Nomad Lounge. MNSSHP! Looking at a Tinkerbell Disneybound outfit.
August 24th ~ Check out of the GF and in to AKL Jambo. Breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe. Epcot for Food and Wine. Extra evening hours at Magic Kingdom.
August 25th ~ Animal Kingdom. Disney Springs evening. Possibly booking "Savour the Savanna" for this day.
August 26th ~ Epcot. Dinner at Sanaa.
August 27th ~ Breakfast at Boma. Resort day with Hollywood Studios in the late afternoon/evening.
August 28th ~ departure day but with a late flight. Magic Kingdom for the last time.

Possible Dismeets lined up with @pkondz and @Wood Nymph that I am really looking forward too.

I am also hoping for a 4 parks/1 day adventure. We'll see if I can make that happen with the later hopping time.

That's it for now friends. I am off to my cottage in PEI this week until early August so won't have a lot of access to the boards. I hope to pop in a bit though. Hope you all have an awesome summer and see you soon! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter