• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sunset mingle at AKL

Arthur27

Go Gators!
My family and I stayed a couple of nights this week at AKL and on Monday participated in the sunset mingle at Jambo house. It was a lot of fun. The food was great and they had lots of beverages to choose from. The Sunrise (full octane) drink was really good. It's my wife's new favorite drink. The food was a variety of stuff but my favorite was the crabcakes. The best part there was no sales pitch at all, it truely was a mingle for DVC owners and non owners. This was the first mingle I have done where we actually met and talked with other DVC owners. We exchanged Facebook with a couple of younger members. If you have not done the sunset mingle at AKL you should.

Sounds nice. It would be nice if they did this at other resorts and dropped the WHW. I do enjoy talking DVC with other members. We do it at the pool often, (with our own drinks). We are staying at AKV next month, but not sure if I'm there long enough to participate. We arrive Tuesday and move to BWV on Wednesday.

We will be arriving at AKL on April 5th and just got the email yesterday. Thanks for posting. It sounds like fun so we will probably attend.

You should attend MagicMommy it was fun. Disneynutz, they said it was open to nonmembers as well however, I didn't talk to any.

do you have to be staying at AKV to attend? We own at AKV but will be staying in OKW this time.

do you have to be staying at AKV to attend? We own at AKV but will be staying in OKW this time.

Yes, everything I've read has said this is a AKV guest event. Maybe the non-members were guest of folks staying there (family members).

We have received the email invite when booked at AKV but not when booked at other resorts.

:earsboy: Bill

We will be checking in to AKL on April 5th too! Dh and I are already planning on attending Monday evening! Sounds like fun!

I wasn't aware that non owners were invited.

:earsboy: Bill

My DD and I attended this past Wednesday. I won a hat :)
I thought it was a lot of fun, food was good, the option for an alcohol drink was very nice, the company was great! We met some very nice members.

I had commented to one of the hosts that I thought it was a very nice "member" mingle and he said it is not a member event, but a resort event. Anyone staying at AKV was welcome. Of all there only one family was not DVC. My daughter and I really did enjoy it. I recommend it at least once.

is it just on Mondays?

going to be July 3 - wednesday.

We are going to be there that day also :thumbsup2 We can't make the Monday one as we have reservations for Dinner. We get to AKV on the 28th of June for a week. First trip there and first trip as DVC members. Can't wait!

We are going to be there that day also :thumbsup2 We can't make the Monday one as we have reservations for Dinner. We get to AKV on the 28th of June for a week. First trip there and first trip as DVC members. Can't wait!

boy you have a lot to celebrate!

congratulations!:thumbsup2:cool1:

We went a few weeks ago and invited friends who were staying at a different Disney resort. We all had a blast and I won the raffle :)!!! There is a kids program which our kids loved. There wasn't a sales pitch per se but we went the day before the opening sales of VGF so they did mention at a few times. Do register as soon as you check in; we wanted to go on Monday but they were booked so we went on Wednesday instead. The food and drinks were great also.

Is the sunrise the one with the coconut rum and passion fruit if so it is awesome.

Is it daily? We are there Tuesday the 2nd until Sunday the 7th, when we hop to the Poly for our anniversary for 5 more days.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Is it daily? We are there Tuesday the 2nd until Sunday the 7th, when we hop to the Poly for our anniversary for 5 more days.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Mondays and Wednesdays (I think it's 6:00PM for 1 hour). You have to register prior to the event. Just go to the DVC desk and register. They do sometimes fill up. Though when we went, it was not filled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter