Sun screen opinions

Discussion in 'Disney World Tips' started by AintGonaGrowUp, Feb 11, 2018.

1. AintGonaGrowUp

AintGonaGrowUp "We've got no troubles, Life is the bubbles!"

hey guys! I need suggestions about sun screen. I don’t normally wear any but we are going to Dis in September and I’m in a wedding as soon as we come back(and I don’t want to be peeling. I don’t normally burn easily but I’m a northern girl and Florida is a bit different. I was kinda looking at the kind in a stick but open to any ideas of a sun screen to use. I don’t want anything greasy. (Note: I do not burn super easy, no allergies, and I don’t have sentive skin) thank you!!❤️

2. bigbabyblues

bigbabyblues DIS Veteran

I like Neutrogena sunscreen, especially for my face. I use the lotion and also a stick.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. PennyInPink

PennyInPink Mouseketeer

Which one is your favorite? Got a photo maybe?

5. ekmom

ekmom Mouseketeer

6. DisneyHardin

DisneyHardin DIS Veteran

Agree. This is our absolute favorite sunscreen. It isn't greasy at all. They also have it now in a "mousse" style that comes in a pump and it is super easy to rub in.

7. Punkrockbebop

Punkrockbebop Mouseketeer

Oh man, im a geek about sunscreen.

I’m not sure why, but the US is way behind Europe and Japan as far as sunscreen ratings requirements go, and how specific they need to be. The FDA really needs to work on improving this. Also, from what I understand, in some tests, many of our sunscreens don’t test out as matching what they are supposed to rate on the bottle. I don’t trust sunscreens here in the US.

La Roche Posay ultralight fluid is my favorite sunscreen for the face, neck and chest. It feels like a lightweight moisturizer. That brand does have a US version that is sold here, but it is NOT the same, and has inferior ingredients. Don’t buy the US version. I buy from this website in Ireland:

https://int.lifeandlooks.com/la-roche-posay-anthelios-xl-spf-50-ultra-light-fluid.html

The LaRoche Posay Comfort Lotion is a good one for the rest of the body. https://int.lifeandlooks.com/la-roche-posay-anthelios-comfort-lotion-250ml.html. It feels like a body lotion.

I just can’t tolerate most sunscreens on the back of my neck and armpits and other sensitive areas, because I have photosensitivities. I’ve tried every sunscreen and natural sunscreen out there and they all make me break out in hives if I have significant heat and sun exposure. I have been able to tolerate Clinique Mineral Sunscreen lotion, so far, but I know it’s not ideal as it’s a strictly mineral based sunscreen with nanoparticles, and it is a US-based one. So, I also use a UV umbrella. There are a bunch of fun ones on Amazon. I love using the umbrella, because it makes a significant difference in keeping the exhausting Florida heat off, and I’m covered if a rainstorm hits, too.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    CarolinaBlue99 likes this.
  8. bigbabyblues

bigbabyblues DIS Veteran

I don't have a photo, but it is in a light blue and white bottle. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer, Dry-touch sunscreen. I use SPF 70 for my face. I don't have a stick right now, but it is the same, only in stick form. It is looks like a small deodorant stick.

9. MouseMolly

MouseMolly Follows the Golden Rule

I once read a Consumer Report that Trader Joe's Nourish Spray is excellent for actually blocking the sun. I haven't used that brand personally, but I have used the Neutrogena Ultra Sheer here in Atlanta, and found it very comfortable. I did have to reapply it after 2 1/2 hours of running around.