Sun Pass question

ekmom

Mouseketeer
We live in Michigan and when a family member moved to Orlando several years ago we bought a Sun Pass transponder which has worked well in our car when we drive or a rental car when we fly. For our upcoming driving trip, we'd like to pass our transponder on to our daughter and buy one of the new multi state ones for ourselves.

I was going to deactivate the transponder on my online account and then have her open a new online account for herself and activate the transponder on her account. Will that work?

This will mean that I'll have no active transponders on my account for the 10 days or so between when I deactivate the old one and when I get the new one. but I will still have money in my account. Will this be a problem?

Buy the new one first and update your account with the new information before you hand off the old one to your daughter who can then activate it on her new account.

Warning: Some of the rental car companies have rolled out an automatic toll program where the tolls will be charged to your rental, along with a convenience fee. If you have a transponder in the car as well, there's a change you end up charged twice. Once by the rental car company and once with a direct charge to your SunPass account.

A sunpass pro? I did that. I live in KY. Works here but the one from here doesn't work on all the ones in FL. Crazy what we have to do
KY sells two different transponders. The sticker version only works in KY, the physical transponder works everywhere E-ZPass is accepted.

Buy the new one first and update your account with the new information before you hand off the old one to your daughter who can then activate it on her new account.

I'd prefer not to do that because we'll be leaving Michigan a day before her, so I need to give it to her before we get the new one. I plan to get it at the Welcome Center because I'm leaving too soon to get it in time by mail. In the chaos of traveling 1000+ plus miles with 3 kids under 7, I don't want her to have to take time to do that after I get my new one at the welcome center :scared:

KY sells two different transponders. The sticker version only works in KY, the physical transponder works everywhere E-ZPass is accepted.
Hmm. When I was looking into that it seemed like the transponder would work on the FL turnpike ones only.

I'd prefer not to do that because we'll be leaving Michigan a day before her, so I need to give it to her before we get the new one. I plan to get it at the Welcome Center because I'm leaving too soon to get it in time by mail. In the chaos of traveling 1000+ plus miles with 3 kids under 7, I don't want her to have to take time to do that after I get my new one at the welcome center :scared:

The "uni" transponder should be available with Amazon Prime delivery, if you have that. Uni works almost everywhere.

Add her tag to your account and associate it with the transponder you give her. That will cover you for the few days overlap. After you get your Sun pass PRO you two can sort out the who's who and set up her own account.
I've been maintaining an EZpass MD account, which has a yearly fee. Finally got rid of it when the Sun pass PRO came out. As said before, you can call their support. They are very good and customer oriented.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter