• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Summer Incentives

The next round of incentives beginning 5/30 will be:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
$1500 additional credit for a 150 point plus add on for having a booked reservation (points or cash) in the future.
So add on only, not new members? We just signed as new members but didn't get that credit. They did get us a desirable reservation right after Thanksgiving though.

So add on only, not new members? We just signed as new members but didn't get that credit. They did get us a desirable reservation right after Thanksgiving though.
This I don’t know. I only received information on all current incentives for current members.

I am tying to get all my numbers ready to pitch adding on at VGF to my DH.

I have taken some notes from this thread and have most of the information I need but am missing a couple of numbers.
Pricing out adding 150 and 200 points. (Either or, not both) below are the numbers I am missing if anyone knows.

What would prorated dues be on 150 points with a December use year?

What are the prorated dues on 200 points with a December use year?

What are the closing costs on a 200 point contract split into 150+50?
Thanks so much.

I am tying to get all my numbers ready to pitch adding on at VGF to my DH.

I have taken some notes from this thread and have most of the information I need but am missing a couple of numbers.
Pricing out adding 150 and 200 points. (Either or, not both) below are the numbers I am missing if anyone knows.

What would prorated dues be on 150 points with a December use year?

What are the prorated dues on 200 points with a December use year?

What are the closing costs on a 200 point contract split into 150+50?
Thanks so much.
The dues would be prorated from time of closing. If you closed at the end of June, you’d owe dues for July-December…6 months. That would be approximately $550 for 150 pts and $733 for 200 pts.

To calculate the closing costs on a split contract I would use the add on tool and put in a purchase of 150 pts and a purchase of 50 pts and combine the two closing cost totals. If you put in a purchase of 200 pts and then add an additional $250 doc prep fee it will be close as well.

Good luck! 😁

The dues would be prorated from time of closing. If you closed at the end of June, you’d owe dues for July-December…6 months. That would be approximately $550 for 150 pts and $733 for 200 pts.

To calculate the closing costs on a split contract I would use the add on tool and put in a purchase of 150 pts and a purchase of 50 pts and combine the two closing cost totals. If you put in a purchase of 200 pts and then add an additional $250 doc prep fee it will be close as well.

Good luck! 😁
Thank you!

Good luck! 😁
Just to clarify dues are prorated from date you sign the contract and not the closing Most people close quickly but those who spread out payments still owe dues for the time they delayed payments.

Sorry if I’m rehashing stuff that’s been covered. This thread is really helpful but a lot to understand.

Here’s our situation. We are CA residents and have 350pts, August UY at VGC that we bought resale. We’re currently at Kidani for a few days and then on to the Disney Wish. We’re trying to plan for a 10day Grand Floridian trip next Spring. What is the best way to add ~200pts? Do I buy 150 pts to get the incentives and then try and do a separate transaction later to for another incentive on the ~50pts?

Sorry if I’m rehashing stuff that’s been covered. This thread is really helpful but a lot to understand.

Here’s our situation. We are CA residents and have 350pts, August UY at VGC that we bought resale. We’re currently at Kidani for a few days and then on to the Disney Wish. We’re trying to plan for a 10day Grand Floridian trip next Spring. What is the best way to add ~200pts? Do I buy 150 pts to get the incentives and then try and do a separate transaction later to for another incentive on the ~50pts?
I’ve never seen incentives on a 50 pt add on. You’d be better off to add all 200 now (divide them up into smaller contracts if you wish) using the current incentives.

Will you need 200 pts each year? If so, then purchase 200 pts all at once (even if you break it up to 2 x 100 pt or 150 and 50 pt), you’ll get better incentives that way. If on the other hand you will go every other year, then I’d suggest buying 150 pts now. You’ll get the 150 for 2022, which you can immediately bank. You then only use 50 for this year 2023, then you can bank the rest.

Alternatively, do magical beginnings for 2022 pts then use 150 2023 pts and borrow 50 from 2024. Bank the rest. In 2026 use the banked 2024 pts and 2025 pts.

For the Welcome Home credit, do I need to get the ball rolling before we leave for our trip? Hubby is still thinking it over.

I agree with Sandisw about checking with your guide but here's the wording from the VGF price sheet:
"Welcome Home offer expires at Disney resort or cruise check-out/debarkation, or 5 days after initial onsite interaction, whichever occurs later."

https://dvcexplorer.com/fin/m/GrandFloridian_Member_Welcome.pdf
Ok, we’ve never use a guide because the contract we have was bought on the resale market. Is it a lot of pressure if we end not buying after having them work out the numbers for us?

Ok, we’ve never use a guide because the contract we have was bought on the resale market. Is it a lot of pressure if we end not buying after having them work out the numbers for us?
Can't speak for all of them, but our guide Marcel Maritz has been great. He'll happily work through all the numbers with us, no pressure to purchase, and doesn't cold call us. We've only received communication about things we've specifically told him we're interested to hear about (e.g. details on VDH before it opened, which I ended up flaking on, but he was very gracious about my hemming and hawing 🤣).

For the Welcome Home credit, do I need to get the ball rolling before we leave for our trip? Hubby is still thinking it over.
My guide told us we have to buy before the check out date. But it is nice to let your guide know ahead of time. My guide never gave us any pressure to buy. I have had him check prices for us for three times since last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter