Summer Incentives

The next round of incentives beginning 5/30 will be:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Family of 4, girls are currently 7 and 3 years old. We currently own at CCV.

Trying to choose between RIV and VGF for direct with the incentives. We will stay in either 1 or 2 bedrooms. For that reason i lean RIV. However these points for the near future will be rented out or used as sleep around points. So I like the dues and resale value of VGF better.

Thoughts?
Buy where you want to stay. RIV is very easy to book right now, but that could change, especially as more resale points enter the system and those owners are forced to use their points at RIV, for example. the one constant is your home resort, so I would pick my favorite, and not worry about the rest.

Buy where you want to stay. RIV is very easy to book right now, but that could change, especially as more resale points enter the system and those owners are forced to use their points at RIV, for example. the one constant is your home resort, so I would pick my favorite, and not worry about the rest.
Well we did buy copper creek because it’s where we want to stay.

This would be for extra visits/points.

Looking at this thread makes me happy for those getting those amazing incentives. I do not need more than 100 points, heels in the mud. I doubt they will ever decrease to that amount but boy, they would clear VGF inventory in a second. From the sounds of it, this alone may push VGF to “sold out”.

Looking at this thread makes me happy for those getting those amazing incentives. I do not need more than 100 points, heels in the mud. I doubt they will ever decrease to that amount but boy, they would clear VGF inventory in a second. From the sounds of it, this alone may push VGF to “sold out”.
This is why my plan is to split the 150 points into two 75 point contracts. Not sure if I need the 150. Once the resort is sold out, I may sell 75 Points. But then I’ll have my unrestricted points to add to my direct Copper Creek

We finally went for the blue card and bought Grand Floridian. We sold a resale SSR contract very quickly last week (only listed 4 days). That money will go towards this purchase. Split it into 150 and a 50 point contract in case we ever want to see 50 later. We also have a CCV resale contract that we’re keeping but excited about the blue card:).

We finally went for the blue card and bought Grand Floridian. We sold a resale SSR contract very quickly last week (only listed 4 days). That money will go towards this purchase. Split it into 150 and a 50 point contract in case we ever want to see 50 later. We also have a CCV resale contract that we’re keeping but excited about the blue card:).
Congrats! Yep, we did the same 150/50 split on our 200 VGF as well so we could peel off the extra if needed down the road.

I hope not! We are already talking about hoping to get another round of 150 during the final round of sales in the early spring...

I hope not! We are already talking about hoping to get another round of 150 during the final round of sales in the early spring...
Same here. We've got a VGF visit in February and I'm hoping to springboard that into another set of 150 pts right after, if I can convince my better half. I know better than to try for it any sooner after picking up wayyy too many points too fast past two months.

Gotta see how the next 2-3 months go on points sales, but based on May's sales rates (pre latest incentives) the pace was about 10-11 more months before being sold out from my back of the envelope math. I imagine June's numbers will be a strong increase with these new incentives and that'll obviously quicken the pace.

Hi all! This is my first post, but I've lurked here & there. :) My husband and I have decided we want to buy into DVC, so I've been researching the best route. We've been leaning toward buying a smaller resale contract for SSR or RIV, and then buying direct RIV soonish after. The more I research, the more excited I am about RIV. So now I'm wondering if we should buy direct first.

If we buy resale ASAP, we may not be get everything sorted in time to take advantage of owner summer incentives. And, depending on how much we spend on resale, we may not be ready to immediately turn around and buy 150 points direct.

What does everyone expect the next RIV incentives to be? Same? Better? Worse.

Also, does MB for sure last until summer incentives are over? I think we want December use year.

For Chase Disney users... do you happen to know if it's a soft inquiry if you already have multiple chase cards in good standing? lol. I JUST opened a new card and don't want to lose my "excellent" credit score. I have a Sapphire prepared, which would give me more points, but 0% for six months is a big deal! ... I check on the my plan offers––mine have fees :(

Hi all! This is my first post, but I've lurked here & there. :) My husband and I have decided we want to buy into DVC, so I've been researching the best route. We've been leaning toward buying a smaller resale contract for SSR or RIV, and then buying direct RIV soonish after. The more I research, the more excited I am about RIV. So now I'm wondering if we should buy direct first.

If we buy resale ASAP, we may not be get everything sorted in time to take advantage of owner summer incentives. And, depending on how much we spend on resale, we may not be ready to immediately turn around and buy 150 points direct.

Also, does MB for sure last until summer incentives are over? I think we want December use year.

For Chase Disney users... do you happen to know if it's a soft inquiry if you already have multiple chase cards in good standing? lol. I JUST opened a new card and don't want to lose my "excellent" credit score. I have a Sapphire prepared, which would give me more points, but 0% for six months is a big deal! ... I check on the my plan offers––mine have fees :(
Did you check on the My Chase Plan offers by fake doing a plan for a current eligible transaction? Asking because mine looked like they had fees until I went through the steps like I was going to set up a plan.

Just in case. Keep in mind Chase will automatically deny your application if you have opened 5 or more cards in the past 24 months.

If you really want to own at RIV and can afford to get the 150 right now, I would go that route. It gives you access to whatever membership extras will exist, and gives you points good everywhere.

If you buy SSR resale, those points won't be good at RIV, VDH, or presumably any future resorts...which means, even if you add on direct RIV later, you can't use them.

For RIV resale, you will have to use them there, but if RIV is your top choice resort, that is less of an issue, especially if you buy direct points later on. We own RIV resale and have no problem using them since we stay at RIV at least part of each and every trip.

The incentives may or may not get better, but right now, with everything one can get, it is pretty good as a new buyer getting in in the $170's!

Well we did buy copper creek because it’s where we want to stay.

This would be for extra visits/points.
With how many years are left at CCV, those points are looking pretty good lately. Several resale deals have been done at great prices, make it a good value for home resort and sleep around resorts.

My 'Guess' is they will stay the same or get worse (more expensive). This current set of incentives seems to be working very well, so why would they make it better? My belief is Disney is doing the current Mega sale for 2 reasons. 1. They want to clear a bunch of points before Poly2 and new Wilderness cabins. 2. Disney as a company knows they need to reduce their debt, and bringing in DVC money helps.

With how many years are left at CCV, those points are looking pretty good lately. Several resale deals have been done at great prices, make it a good value for home resort and sleep around resorts.
Agreed. The points charts are much friendlier than VGF too. April school
Vacation at CCV is 362 points for a 2 bedroom and at VGF it’s 340 points for a one bedroom.

Crazy how close they are and one is a two bedroom!

That’s why I would use VGF for sleep around/rent out years we don’t need. Brides will always be looking to rent!

It’s a hard inquiry. I opened the Chase Visa and another credit card the same month. I also applied for an additional card but didn’t complete the process. (I was trying to close accounts and open new accounts with better benefits). These hard inquiries DRASTICALLY reduced my credit score.

It’s a hard inquiry. I opened the Chase Visa and another credit card the same month. I also applied for an additional card but didn’t complete the process. (I was trying to close accounts and open new accounts with better benefits). These hard inquiries DRASTICALLY reduced my credit score.

What does drastically mean? More than 100 points? 50? 200?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter