"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR-COMPLETE 4/5

Holy cow girlie, you really are spending your entire summer in WDW! There's nothing wrong with that though. I've had massive amounts of tickers myself.

Okay, first - bahahahaha @ "Food and Frump Festival" in your ticker. Love it.

I love your closeup of the Hollywood Studios sign where you can see Mickey in the middle - such an awesome perspective!

Tower of Terror is by far my favorite ride at WDW. I could go on it again and again and again (and again.....). I always want to try and get a picture when you're up at the top and you can see the park, but I'm afraid I won't hold on to my camera tight enough and it'll fly out of my hands. One day...

YOU DIDN'T GET ANYTHING TO EAT AT WRITER'S STOP??? Hrmph. Your dinner had better be good....

Hahaha thanks! It was Allie's idea. We both thought it was rather brilliant. :goodvibes

Thanks! I try to be fancy sometimes. LOL.

It's SO fun! It really never gets old for me. :P

I've always wanted to do that too, but I'm scared for the same reason. Ah well...maybe someday!

I KNOW RIGHT!?! It will be though, don't worry! :thumsbup2

P.S. I am SOOOO sorry to hear about the waffle sandwich disaster. :( That's awful. I would have probably cried. I REALLY really hope you can get one next time though! :hug:

woah you ticker-a-holic! That is quite a collection!
So happy for you:goodvibes You're going to have such an amazing time...s
Ooh I have had a few creepy 'breathing down the neck' cast members...
Love it. Those creepers :rotfl:
Although if some guy dressed as a bellhop just came and breathed down my neck randomly on the street one day....that is a little less magical... ick
Oh Disney channel... let us remember the good old days...sigh
Cant wait to ride the new star tours! REAL star adventures are the best...
Oh William and Kate... they just made it onto a coin here. High fives for them as I am sure that was on their bucket list....

Why thank you! I am quite excited about it myself. :P

I knoww!!!! EEEEEE I can't wait!!! :cool1:

That was my first one...I think...but I agree. Definitely creepier in the real world. In Disney you can just laugh it off.

le sigh...so sad. :/

You are going to LOVE it!!

That's awesome! I think that's on everyone's bucket list!​

Holy cow girlie, you really are spending your entire summer in WDW! There's nothing wrong with that though. I've had massive amounts of tickers myself.

I KNOWW! I am sooo exciteddd. There really isn't. I'm quite happy about it myself. :dance3:

I am definitely jealous of ALL of your tickers!

I am SOOO excited!!! :woohoo:

Oh my gawd!! I just needed to jump in here & say that I just got back from my dec trip, and I had a red velvet cupcake, hoooooly!! They are amazing, so happy i saw it here to it!!

Oh my gawd!! I just needed to jump in here & say that I just got back from my dec trip, and I had a red velvet cupcake, hoooooly!! They are amazing, so happy i saw it here to it!!

Ahh I hope you had a fabulous time!!! :thumbsup2 Isn't it SOOO good!? I love it. :goodvibes

All summer in Disney! Sounds like a dream. Have you ever visited Disneyland? I went there in 2010 when I graduated college. It's so much fun to compare the two. You'd love it! :goodvibes

P.S. Saw your count down for DVC. Congrats! Def. a good decision to join since you go a lot and love going!

BAH! So jealous of all your tickers! That's fantastic though, sounds like the best summer ever!
I love that on that pic where it says HOLLYWOOD all big, if you look down there's a little teeny tiny 'let the memories begin' in the picture too! AND you can see Mickey hanging out between the L and the Y! That is perfect! Awww.
Tower of Terror is just genius. Everything about it.
Uhh, well, Disney Channel USED to rock! Back in the day where there was Even Stevens, Lizzie McGuire, That's So Raven, and I won't lie, I loved me some Phil of the Future too! I don't even know what shows are on there anymore. It's so sad. :sad2:
STAR TOURS IS AMAZING! And when I rode it... I WAS THE REBEL SPY! Hahahah. :rolleyes1
Oooh dinner ADR. I don't even want to guess but Hollywood has limited options so... I'm gonna guess anyway. And I'm gonna say... Mama Melrose. I locked in my answer. I'm probably wrong hahah but I guess I'll find out soon enough!

Hi. I am really enjoying your trip report. It is totally FRUMPtastic. I can't wait to read more. You are so lucky that you get to take so many trips in the summer. I'm going in 14 days. :yay: Hope you have a merry X mas. -Amanda

All summer in Disney! Sounds like a dream. Have you ever visited Disneyland? I went there in 2010 when I graduated college. It's so much fun to compare the two. You'd love it! :goodvibes

P.S. Saw your count down for DVC. Congrats! Def. a good decision to join since you go a lot and love going!

It's gonna be so awesome! I have been to Disneyland tide, actually. I love love LOVE it there! I also love comparing them! I'd love to go back even though I was just there in 2010. Just can't get enough I guess!

Thanks! I am SO excited about DVC!!! It was a great decision. I can't wait to go home! :banana:

BAH! So jealous of all your tickers! That's fantastic though, sounds like the best summer ever!
I love that on that pic where it says HOLLYWOOD all big, if you look down there's a little teeny tiny 'let the memories begin' in the picture too! AND you can see Mickey hanging out between the L and the Y! That is perfect! Awww.
Tower of Terror is just genius. Everything about it.
Uhh, well, Disney Channel USED to rock! Back in the day where there was Even Stevens, Lizzie McGuire, That's So Raven, and I won't lie, I loved me some Phil of the Future too! I don't even know what shows are on there anymore. It's so sad. :sad2:

Aren't they great?! I'm so excited!!

Thank you so much!

Agreed. :thumbsup2

So true. That was when I loved Disney Channel. Now I'm like what the heck happened lol.

STAR TOURS IS AMAZING! And when I rode it... I WAS THE REBEL SPY! Hahahah. :rolleyes1
Oooh dinner ADR. I don't even want to guess but Hollywood has limited options so... I'm gonna guess anyway. And I'm gonna say... Mama Melrose. I locked in my answer. I'm probably wrong hahah but I guess I'll find out soon enough!

I KNOW RIGHT!? That's awesome! How fun.

I'm not saying just yet! I really need to do that update though! I'm so behind!!

Joyeux Noel to you and your family!!

You too! Hope you had a very Merry Christmas! :santa:

Hi. I am really enjoying your trip report. It is totally FRUMPtastic. I can't wait to read more. You are so lucky that you get to take so many trips in the summer. I'm going in 14 days. :yay: Hope you have a merry X mas. -Amanda

Thanks for reading along and commenting! I'm so glad you're enjoying it! I'm gonna try to do an update tomorrow night. :)

I am SUPER excited about all the summer trips! :cool1:

Have a magical trip and merry Christmas! :wizard: :santa:

Chapter 32- The Hollywood Brown Derby

July 28th, 2011​

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas! I'm so sorry (once again) for my absence, but here is my Christmas gift to all of you: an update! :santa:

We headed over from the Writer's Stop to the Hollywood Brown Derby and checked in for our 6:45 ADR.

dsc02437x.jpg

We only had to wait about five minutes to be seated which was really nice.

We sat in the room with all the windows and caricatures of celebrities on one wall, and I took this picture:

dsc02630na.jpg

I have no idea what it's from, but it's Walt, so who the heck cares?

Our server, who was Andrea from Orlando, came over and took our drink orders, which were water all around. I think we were probably severly dehydrated or something.

She also brought us a basket of delicious warm rolls and salted butter which we chowed down on while we waited for our entrees.

dsc02633wa.jpg

dsc02634q.jpg

We also tried to guess who each celebrity depicted on the walls were. Dave beat Mike and I BIG TIME, since most of the actors were from his day.

dsc02637j.jpg

I also noticed this lamp on the wall, which I thought was an adorable touch! Gotta love those Disney details!

dsc02636z.jpg

Before we knew it, Andrea was bringing our food over!

Dave ordered the Cobb Salad, which is HUGE. Seriously people, do not let the fact that this thing is an appetizer fool you. It is entree sized all the way. I don't even think he finished it! However, they're not famous for this salad for nothin'! It was PACKED with all sorts of yummy flavors.

They wait till it's at your table to toss it for you, after which it looks like this:

dsc02639a.jpg

Mike went the macho-meaty route and ordered the Filet Mignon. It came with fingerling potatoes and roasted tomatoes and was topped with a cabernet sauce. It was also melt-in-your-mouth tender and DELICIOUS. He scarfed it all down and loved every bite!

dsc02640i.jpg

I ordered the Crispy Loch Duart Salmon, which was over a bed of arugula with blueberries, peaches, bleu cheese, walnuts, and tossed in a black mission fig and orange blossom honey dressing. This was DIVINE. Seriously SO much flavor. Despite being crispy on the outside, the salmon was flaky and delicious and the fresh flavor from the salad was excellent. The fruit was juicy and the dressing was such a nice sweet compliment. The bleu really balanced out the flavors well. Needless to say, I absolutely loved it and would HIGHLY recommend it.

dsc02643y.jpg

dsc02644g.jpg

The other great thing about my meal was that it was relatively light, which meant that I, unlike the boys, had room for dessert. And what better thing to order when you're at the Brown Derby than their famous Grapefruit Cake!

dsc02646p.jpg

dsc02648jw.jpg

This was a grapefruit-infused white cake with cream cheese icing and fresh grapefruit segments to boot! It was also so light and flavorful. The tartness of the fruit and the sweetness of the cream cheese icing was such a perfect combo that the whole thing was just such a winner of a dessert. Again, I highly recommend it and thoroughly enjoyed every bite!

After I was finished enjoying my slice of unadulterated goodness, we paid, thanked Andrea, and headed over to our next destination!

dsc02651v.jpg

Review of The Hollywood Brown Derby:
Food: 5/5- This was signature dining all the way! The food was all so delicious!
Service: 5/5- Andrea was very knowledgeable about the menu and had perfect timing with our entrees, etc.
Atmosphere: 5/5- We love the upscale and classic Hollywood ambience here and it will continue to be a family favorite!

1st visit? Nope!

Will return? Absolutely!

Continued in Next Post

Um, so remember when I guessed Mama Melrose? I FAILED! :rotfl: For some reason I just never remember Brown Derby and I have no clue why!

:love::worship: Walt Disney. :worship::love: I love that his name is just on the wall. Then again, it SHOULD BE! YEAH! I would have totally taken a picture too.

The salad looks delicious! WOAH. What is that fancy dancy thing on Mike's plate? It looks like a waffle fry... yet cooler than a waffle fry somehow... ? :laughing:

Looks like yall had a great meal! That's a place I NEED TO NOT FORGET SO I CAN TRY IT OUT! Yay for One Man's Dream coming up! :woohoo:

An update!!! :woohoo:

Basically, Walt Disney's name should just be everywhere. The world would be a much better place if it was.

All of the food looks delicious! I wouldn't know what to order. I guess that's a good problem to have though, right? :laughing:

The Grapefruit Cake is so pretty. Did you feel guilty digging in? I would have. Though I'm sure the taste outweighed the guilt. It always does. ;)

Can't wait for more!

YUMMY LUNCH! :woohoo: I haven't been to the Brown Derby in years!! I'm thinking it's time for another visit! ;)

Wow, the grapefruit cake looks very delicious! I think you've convinced me to go back to the Brown Derby pretty soon!

Kristen!!!! After talking so much on Twitter and hearing tons about you from Jess/her TR I figured it was a little ridic that I hadn't read your TR yet! Well, I finally finished & I LOVE IT OBVIOUSLY!!! I love the way you write and you remind me so much of myself. No wonder when Jess started posting on my TR she kept telling me how alike we all are! haha

Some comments..
-I LOVE YOUR DISNEY COUNTDOWN CHAIN!
-Lately I have been so into staying at POFQ and your pictures have definitely intensified that!
-THEY WERE PLAYING I SEE THE LIGHT AT THE GRAND FLORIDIAN!?!?!? ahhdkfjah, as if that place isn't perfect enough already! I am utterly OBSESSED with that movie, I watch it over and over. I don't blame you for being so excited, I probably would have cried.
-I love the Disney World episode of Full House. Well, EVERY episode, but you know. I can't enter the GF without thinking of Jesse serenading Becky.
-Livin it up, a hot sauce feelin' - LOL!
-AHH I must visit Via Napoli. Not only does the food look so amazing, but your server was in a league with Dicaprio & Gosling?! WHAT! Our servers at Tutto were gorgeous, but not Leo gorgeous! WHEW.
-OMG the Land. "After I stood in the doorway for about 5 minutes just sniffing, Mike suggested that we actually keep moving so a CM wouldn't ask if I was okay." ARE YOU ME? I do this literally every time.
-TIMON MAKING THE DEER FACE HAHAHAHAHA
-You and Nat as the Toy Story aliens look AMAZING!
-Grease is one of my all time favorites! You are so lucky you got to be in it. I have always dreamed of that but never got lucky enough to run into a production of it! What was your role?
-When my mom and I were at 50's earlier this month, we drew on the napkins with crayons too of course!

I can't wait for more updates! :woohoo:

Um, so remember when I guessed Mama Melrose? I FAILED! :rotfl: For some reason I just never remember Brown Derby and I have no clue why!

:love::worship: Walt Disney. :worship::love: I love that his name is just on the wall. Then again, it SHOULD BE! YEAH! I would have totally taken a picture too.

The salad looks delicious! WOAH. What is that fancy dancy thing on Mike's plate? It looks like a waffle fry... yet cooler than a waffle fry somehow... ? :laughing:

Looks like yall had a great meal! That's a place I NEED TO NOT FORGET SO I CAN TRY IT OUT! Yay for One Man's Dream coming up! :woohoo:

Hahaha that's okay! You were in the park (literally) lol.

I love that man. <3

It WAS! And I have no idea! I'm gonna go with really tricked out waffle fry for now. :P

It was all so delicious! You should definitely try it out! Yay that's the next update!​

An update!!! :woohoo:

Basically, Walt Disney's name should just be everywhere. The world would be a much better place if it was.

All of the food looks delicious! I wouldn't know what to order. I guess that's a good problem to have though, right? :laughing:

The Grapefruit Cake is so pretty. Did you feel guilty digging in? I would have. Though I'm sure the taste outweighed the guilt. It always does. ;)

Can't wait for more!

YAY!! I know it's taken me a while lol. I am sooo sorry to you and Lea and Jess for being so behind on your TR's. Poor Lea, I haven't even read like half of hers! I'm such a failure. :( I feel awful. I just wish I had more time to chill and read trip reports. Such is the life of a junior in high school. CRAZY busy.

It really should. I agree.

That's definitely a good problem to add. I usually talk my sister into ordering my runner up option when we're there together so I don't have to choose just one thing. LOL.

I really didn't actually. I never feel guilty about eating Disney food, because you have to live it up while you're there!​

YUMMY LUNCH! :woohoo: I haven't been to the Brown Derby in years!! I'm thinking it's time for another visit! ;)

It was delicious! You should definitely visit again soon!​

We have never been to the Brown Derby...everything looked SO yummy!!!!! popcorn::

It was! You should definitely check it out!​

Wow, the grapefruit cake looks very delicious! I think you've convinced me to go back to the Brown Derby pretty soon!

It was so yummy! You really should!

Kristen!!!! After talking so much on Twitter and hearing tons about you from Jess/her TR I figured it was a little ridic that I hadn't read your TR yet! Well, I finally finished & I LOVE IT OBVIOUSLY!!! I love the way you write and you remind me so much of myself. No wonder when Jess started posting on my TR she kept telling me how alike we all are! haha.

Hey Lea! I know I feel so bad that I'm only like halfway through yours and I've barely commented at all!! :( I'm so freaking busy it sucks. For your next one though, I'll be there right from the start! Thanks so much for reading along!! :goodvibes We are all extremely similar people. I love the DIS girls!! :hug:

Some comments..
-I LOVE YOUR DISNEY COUNTDOWN CHAIN!
-Lately I have been so into staying at POFQ and your pictures have definitely intensified that!
-THEY WERE PLAYING I SEE THE LIGHT AT THE GRAND FLORIDIAN!?!?!? ahhdkfjah, as if that place isn't perfect enough already! I am utterly OBSESSED with that movie, I watch it over and over. I don't blame you for being so excited, I probably would have cried.
-I love the Disney World episode of Full House. Well, EVERY episode, but you know. I can't enter the GF without thinking of Jesse serenading Becky.
-Livin it up, a hot sauce feelin' - LOL!

THANKS!
It's such an awesome resort! I absolutely LOVE it there!
YES THEY WERE!!! I know me and my sister are OBSESSED with Tangled. we go around quoting it ALL the time.
Same. :) It's such a great episode. I always think of that and how Steve shows up for DJ. :love: Ahh soo precious.
Hahaha Joni came up with that one! AKA therussels08. She's SO funny!​

-AHH I must visit Via Napoli. Not only does the food look so amazing, but your server was in a league with Dicaprio & Gosling?! WHAT! Our servers at Tutto were gorgeous, but not Leo gorgeous! WHEW.
-OMG the Land. "After I stood in the doorway for about 5 minutes just sniffing, Mike suggested that we actually keep moving so a CM wouldn't ask if I was okay." ARE YOU ME? I do this literally every time.
-TIMON MAKING THE DEER FACE HAHAHAHAHA
-You and Nat as the Toy Story aliens look AMAZING!
-Grease is one of my all time favorites! You are so lucky you got to be in it. I have always dreamed of that but never got lucky enough to run into a production of it! What was your role?
-When my mom and I were at 50's earlier this month, we drew on the napkins with crayons too of course!

I can't wait for more updates! :woohoo:

Tutto servers are good-looking, I agree, but NOTHING compared to Via Napoli. We should all go there together in July!!! Haha.
So do I. Haha we ARE really similar!!
Haha Timon is such a frump I love it.
Thanks! We loved those costumes!
Mine too! I was just in the chorus, but it was SO much fun!!
It's just a fun way to pass the time. :)

I might do one later today!! :cool1:

HELLO KRISTEN!!!!! Guess who? ... Wait, you aren't guessing? Well, isn't that a let-down right there. First, you refuse to join me on Pottermore for some friendly dueling and now this. Well, in the words of Major Manny the Praying Mantis, "Good day to you sir!" ...

Okay, I can't stay mad at you for too long. I just wanted to announce my arrival from the dead and back into DISWorld. I've missed it all so much, because well... you know about my little predicament where I'm pretty sure my next trip to Disney will be in the afterlife at this point :sad2: And I've really enjoyed all this catching up I've had to do. I mean, my mind is in totally DISMode, I've watched Space and Splash ride-throughs since Christmas and... well I miss my home :') Especially with all your updates about the "delectable" and "divine" and blabbity-blah-blah-BLAH! Sheesh, you couldn't tone down on the wonderfully delicious words GOSH! Good thing I had a Red Velvet Cupcake (no cheesecake sadly) for the first time before vacation and there is a big cheesecake sampler in my dining room or you'd be sorry you ever uttered such words. ;)

Well, I can't wait to read more about you and your frumpy adventures (which based on your tickers are cumbersome)! :mickeyjum Oh and I forgot to add...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I also hope you had a totally frump-tastic Christmas too ;)

Chapter 33- Obnoxious Tour Groups and Sleepy Children

July 28th, 2011​

What a pleasant title, right? Don't worry, the evil your groups don't come in till the end of the update. :-) So Happy New Year's Eve to you all and here's the very last update of 2011!!!

We went to One Man's Dream and walked through, but didn't watch the movie. The timing was off when we were done looking at everything, and we didn't want to rush.

dsc02652e.jpg

Walt's Old Office!
dsc02659j.jpg

The man himself, talking about his "Florida Project" that basically completed my life. <3
dsc02668x.jpg

The Legacy Continues...twice!
dsc02671yu.jpg

dsc02687m.jpg

I like how it's like a story that you become a part of by walking through it. Oh Walt, I hope you're smiling down from above upon your adoring frumps.

I mean fans....

Yeah. That's what I meant.

AHEM. Anyways...

Some Castle Construction:
dsc02676q.jpg

The most amazing EPCOT Center:
dsc02674r.jpg

One of the best movies of all-time, that just happened to come out the year I was born:
dsc02690wn.jpg

And a land in Hong Kong Disneyland to go along with it:
dsc02703i.jpg

That's right. TOY STORY LAND. I kid you not. This place looks AWESOME. Too bad it's all the way over in China...

The Home Front:
dsc02713v.jpg

The Fantasyland Expansion:
dsc02718r.jpg

EEEEEEEEEPPPPP I am SO excited about this!!!!! Apparently some of it is going to be open this coming July WHEN I AM GOING NEXT. I am so excited to see it all!

After our walk through Walt's life, we had some Toy Story Mania fastpasses to use!!! Woohoo!!!

Of course I took a picture of my very favorite crayon:

dsc02722c.jpg

Periwinkle. <333

We rode with good ol' Slink.

dsc02731qt.jpg

I KEPT SHOOTIN' BUCKAROO, but unfortunately was beaten by Mike again. :/

Aw shucks.

That ride is seriously so much fun. It never gets old. When my brother and I used to go to Disneyland we would literally just keep getting in line. We probably rode it like five times in a row on some days.

We checked out the Pixar shop and I found some really cute merch!

This would be great for my mom:
dsc02737zm.jpg

OoooOooooOOOoooo:
dsc02738k.jpg

"You have saved our lives, we are eternally grateful."

Hehe.

dsc02747j.jpg

Barrel o' Monkeys. A childhood without these is really sad.

We then decided to head to the Animation Building for the last drawing class of the day.

This shirt was at the Voyage of the Little Mermaid Gift Shop. I would have totally worn this when I was like 9.

dsc02755o.jpg

It also reminded me of that Mary-Kate and Ashley song from when they were like 7. "Brother for sale, 25 cents." SO adorable.

We skipped Mushu's show this time, and headed right inside to get in line.

Pooh had vacated his spot for the night. I love the TAEL sign. I wish I could spell tail like that. But I'm not cool enough.

dsc02758u.jpg

Our animator was the same one from earlier in the day, and although it was late she was still super chatty and even did Disney trivia with us while we drew. She asked what year Toy Story came out and I said 1995 REALLY loud and she was like YES REALLY loud so it was okay. But sort of awkward too. Oh well. I was excited. :-)

We drew Piglet this time!

Here's her drawing up on the screen:
dsc02761at.jpg

When we were done, she came around and looked at them all. She chose Mike's to put up on the screen because she thought it was "excellent!" He was redder than a ginger with sunburn I'm tellin' ya. What a Bashful boy. :P

I was so proud that I snapped a pic for ya'al:
dsc02760u.jpg

Yay Mike! Here's my Piglet:
dsc02763q.jpg

Not as good as theirs, but it still looks like him!

After our class the park was already closed, so we headed out.

dsc02769c.jpg

When we got to the bus stop, I looked to my right at the POR bus stop and it looked like a mob scene.

Mike and I counted: 76 Brazilian tour group kids were in that line. They had to send 4 buses just for them! Here's the thing though, there was this precious little family of four with a toddler and they all looked so exhausted.

Here's the other thing. They were BEHIND the 76 tour group kids in line.

I felt so SO bad for them! They were sending the buses like every 10 minutes, so that family had to wait about 40 for a bus. We waited about 15 for ours to French Quarter, because a bus had just left as we got there.

When we left, the line looked like this:
dsc02771tr.jpg

I repeat. Poor family. :/ And those darn tour groups messing things up.

GO BACK TO RIO KIDS.

Sorry. Hehe.

I'm done now.

We got back to POFQ a little after 10:30 and I went swimming for about an hour while Mike and Dave took showers. I also visited my sea serpent friend a few times. :-) :-)

When I got back, they were both asleep. I took a shower and crashed too. It was up and at 'em early tomorrow!

Review of Day 4:

Highs:
- DHS rope drop!
- TSM twice!
- RED VELVET CHEESECAKE CUPCAKE <3
- Muppet Vision!
- TV Table @ 50's!
- Grapefruit Cake!

Lows:
- Having to leave after lunch for the wimps
- Tour groups

Cute boy count: 10

:mickeybar Kristen's Food of the Day: :mickeybar
- Red Velvet Cheesecake Cupcake & Grapefruit Cake

Continued in Next Post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter