Studio

Thank you so much. I was going to start a thread about this, but you beat me to it.

I know there was a lot of advice given to us before the relaunch and through the first little bit of it, but I want to reopen that conversation. I know about a lot of the requests (more diversity, out-of-town perspective, etc...) but feel free to drop any requests like that if you feel like it hasn't been suggested before and please let me know what you thought of the vibe of yesterday's conversation. The tech was ready to go, but I wasn't sure if we should pull the trigger on trying a test show with the three of us in the studio but ultimately did. We barely even had time to put up posters on the wall, but did so to avoid the bathroom/prison comments.

This is still very much a work in progress. The hunt for the space took longer than we anticipated for the right size studio in our budget, the first of the furniture we ordered took 2-3 weeks longer than quoted and there was only so much I could build and put together. Now that we are over those hurdles, I have a budget for new equipment and other essentials we need for the space and we can start our upgrades.

Even then, it still will be a work in progress. I want to eventually get most of our equipment off the floor and hanging from trusses and rails, but that will take time. We are planning at least one additional set to add in the future for videos with only one or two people, and we will probably never be happy with the decor choices we ultimately land with.

I really do value everyone's feedback - good and bad - and would love to hear what you think.

Huge step in the right direction for the show, already was more engaging IMO. No more 'talk show during the pandemic' vibe. Looking forward to hopefully a rotating slate of guests to mix up the vibe and perspectives.

I do miss the neighbor's landscapers though.

I've been missing the older generation on the podcast. I know I'm probably not the target audience, but I've been listening since Bob was a regular and I miss some of the original crew (Theresa, Kathy, Kevin, John). The current hosts are great but I also loved when they included Theresa.

Huge step in the right direction for the show, already was more engaging IMO. No more 'talk show during the pandemic' vibe. Looking forward to hopefully a rotating slate of guests to mix up the vibe and perspectives.

I do miss the neighbor's landscapers though.
We are about 100 yards from a major intersection that people seem to wreck at every day I’m in the office, so we’ll get sirens instead.

I've been missing the older generation on the podcast. I know I'm probably not the target audience, but I've been listening since Bob was a regular and I miss some of the original crew (Theresa, Kathy, Kevin, John). The current hosts are great but I also loved when they included Theresa.
They will all be back. March 5 or maybe 6 is when we’ll resume our 5 seat panel and the old faces will start rotating in.

My wife and I enjoyed it. Much easier to watch than the remote stuff. We liked the interaction between you all which is much easier to do in person I’m sure. You’re on the right track and am looking forward to seeing the show evolve. Cheers!

Just a quick empirical observation, but the interactivity (increased?) with the live chat is a differentator from before; I welcome it though I'm not a typical participant.

It is clear to me that the in-studio interactions are working and working quite well.

I've been watching for a few years, and off the rails is still my favorite thing put out on the channel so I hope you take any feedback with a grain of salt but know I am really a big fan of you all. I don't know the dynamics of who wants what role obviously, but I do think that Ryno should be the host of the Tuesday format. I do think Craig is amazing with Michael when they are together and i did love off the rails, but its tough to watch the Tuesday show when he's the host. It's and advertisement for a travel agency, i know, but a good podcast format should feel like a group of friends sitting around having a conversation amongst friends for lack of a better phrase. Podcasts are popular because lots of people dont get to sit down and hang out with their friends the way they used to and good multiperson podcasts make you feel like you're part of the conversation right. If it's too much like someone reading a church bulletin advertising section then monotonally(not a judgement) asking only two people questions via Zoom is rough. He may not want to be the host so theres that but I think between that and being in the same room it would be a stark contrast in a good way. Snack Attack is amazing the show this week and the dining reviews lately have been a lot of fun, i think you all just need to "loosen the rains" a bit, or "let them cook" as i hear the kids say...idk. Also i do think framing food reviews within the realm of disney good vs regular good a bit might be nice. I am a pretty high level executive chef and dvc member, Walt Disney World food is objectively poor across the board(not that there isnt good food at all) but watching one negative review after another is tough to digest 8-)...maybe just reframing that sometimes might lead to more positivity on the channel. Im not saying lie, maybe just frame it,"as far as walt disney world blah blah blah goes..." I think being all in the same room will help a lot, its a big transition, its gonna take time, love the new additions the last month and i think that if you lean in to each others strengths and loosen up on tuesday everything will trend upwards eventually. Thanks for all you guys do thanks for asking for feedback. Forget the losers on that other troll blog.

The potential issue with keeping the same panel week after week is that over time everyone already knows what the regulars think about various topics and it turns into a rehash of opinions. In many ways, it's kind of like that already and I suspect most of the regular consumers of the podcast could fairly accurately predict what Craig and Ryno will say on most any subject. Not that what they have to say isn't valid, but it can get repetitive sometimes. New faces at the table would (hopefully) bring fresh perspective to some of the topics.

I don't think I have any very helpful or specific feedback, as I almost exclusively listen in Apple Podcasts vs watch on YouTube. I will say that I can literally hear the way the mood/tone/vibe has been lifting higher and higher over recent months. I like some of the show formats/topics you've been trying out. Honestly... variety is a good thing IMO!

The main reason I'm writing in is to say a HUGE kudos to the entire podcast team. I know you guys have been working hard, you've been so open to feedback and critique (which are not easy things to listen to in even the best of circumstances), and you've had so many obstacles to overcome in getting back into a studio space. Your tenacity is admirable, and I truly think that we're now all seeing your hard work really pay off. I'm so glad that you've all kept at it during this transition period. I hope that you are also seeing and able to enjoy the fruits of your dedication and perseverance. You all definitely deserve it!

Even though I almost always listen to the show on Spotify rather than watch on YT, I really appreciate the improved and less awkward banter with you all in the same room. Since I don't watch live EVER (I'm working on Tuesday afternoons!), getting rid of the live broadcast is fine with me - I think it's a great idea to keep the chat going even if the show isn't live as well .
I love your in park videos over the past few months - Hannah is FANTASTIC and I am really enjoying her being a part of the team. Snack attack is a fun addition.
Speaking of Big Daddy...I don't feel that there is a big need to bring in more people, the three of you are doing great.

Have to say I love the addition of Hannah!! The chemistry between you three has this podcast hitting on all cylinders now.

I would like to have Theresa back on occasionally as she brings her own quick wit to the talk!

Regardless, there is a new life to the podcast and I couldn’t be happier. Keep it up!

Have to say I love the addition of Hannah!! The chemistry between you three has this podcast hitting on all cylinders now.

I would like to have Theresa back on occasionally as she brings her own quick wit to the talk!

Regardless, there is a new life to the podcast and I couldn’t be happier. Keep it up!
I was thinking the same thing - these three are a great mix. Looking forward to seeing others come in on rotation - especially Theresa. One of the funniest episodes ever was her reading the news :rotfl2:

I think the show goes smoother with Ryno hosting and Craig at the controls. I think Hannah is a great addition. I do like it when you had participants like Kathy and Jackie and Deni who balanced some of the snark with a bit of sweetness. Not saccharine,but adding a somewhat more positive perspective. I do like honest negative opinions, but we all love Disney, so there should be something good going on there, or why do we keep going?

I want to thank you for coming together each week, whether virtually or in person, to the podcast. I can't tell you just how much I look forward to it! I've been listening since 2009 and I think the world of each of you, so thank you. I know it's a lot of hard work, whether you're hosting, monitoring the chat and trying to participate while keeping things running (HOW DO THIS DO THIS CRAIG????), or a guest and keeping the conversation going - - please know you're appreciated. Keep up the good work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter