Strikes in France

I am now very SCARED!!:scared1: We are flying out Sunday,so worried flight might get cancelled!!! and we have a taxi booked for when we arrive and all i keep hearing about is a petrol shortage!!:eek: Those riots look scary aswell!!

We leave on Saturday morning. Our car should get us to Disney and back to Dover if we fill up just before getting on the ferry, although we will be looking out for petrol on the way down, just in case. Not too hopeful though to be honest and am a little bit worried.

We had planned to go into Paris on Tuesday but with the way things are going we might be giving it a miss.

On the plus side, the parks might be a little bit quieter than expected because of the fuel strikes as the French visitors might decide not to risk travelling.

Safe and successful journey to all those going soon.

Well our flights are now showing as disrupted and we have the option of changing them or getting a refund, or we would do if the facility would work.

I did initially try to rebook for thursday, but it doesn't seem to want to work and I've just read that disrupted doesn't necessarily mean cancelled, at the moment my original bookings are showing on the website but to be honest I haven't got a clue what's happening, Rob's working nights, I'm full up with a cold and really don't feel like driving especially as it would be my first time driving abroad as well and Rob doesn't drive, I could cry, to be honest I am.

Well our flights are now showing as disrupted and we have the option of changing them or getting a refund, or we would do if the facility would work.

I did initially try to rebook for thursday, but it doesn't seem to want to work and I've just read that disrupted doesn't necessarily mean cancelled, at the moment my original bookings are showing on the website but to be honest I haven't got a clue what's happening, Rob's working nights, I'm full up with a cold and really don't feel like driving especially as it would be my first time driving abroad as well and Rob doesn't drive, I could cry, to be honest I am.

I hope everything works out OK for you :hug::hug::hug:

Oh me too Jill, I hope you get news that your flight is going as planned, I'll be thinking of you :hug:.

Absolutely. Good luck. If all else fails, I know you said you didn't want to drive but there's a crossing from Portsmouth to Le Havre tomorrow night (no need to drive all the way to Folkestone or Dover) and I checked, the drive to DLP is actually shorter and comes in at only 2 and a half hours.

Odear this is quite worrying, good luck to everyone travelling at the moment, I'm just hoping it's died down abit in three weeks time :(

I hope you get there Jill and don't get to read this until you are back home from a wonderful trip. Fingers and toes crossed for you. :wizard:

We booked our trip and unusually we decided to take the eurostar and leave the car at home. I'm really glad we did now, the only thing that should cause us an issue is if the Disney staff decide to join in the strikes. We leave on Friday.

I hope you get there Jill and don't get to read this until you are back home from a wonderful trip. Fingers and toes crossed for you. :wizard:

totally agree with bev - am hoping u cant read this *** ur on ur way.....:wizard::wizard::wizard:

I'm just hoping one way or another we would be insured to get our money back. We booked the package inc flights with DLP and took out the extended insurance but it reads "EXCLUSIONS - civil or foreign wars, riots, popular movements, strikes, hostage taking, handling of weapons;" Would we be covered through our credit card in this case???? :confused3

Debs x

Hope everyone who is travelling now or very soon manages to get there :wizard:
Does anyone know if there's been any indication how long these will go on? And whether Eurostar service has been affected? We are booked to go by Eurostar in 2 and a half weeks time, I'm trying not to worry about it til nearer the time but can't help being nervous.

Hope everyone who is travelling now or very soon manages to get there :wizard:
Does anyone know if there's been any indication how long these will go on? And whether Eurostar service has been affected? We are booked to go by Eurostar in 2 and a half weeks time, I'm trying not to worry about it til nearer the time but can't help being nervous.

I can see this going on for a while as the President isn't showing signs on backing down over raising the age they have to work till.

Eurostar shouldn't be affected but they have been going on random strikes the past week

I can see this going on for a while as the President isn't showing signs on backing down over raising the age they have to work till.

Eurostar shouldn't be affected but they have been going on random strikes the past week

That's what I've been thinking,"what if he just doesn't give in" and I don't think he will (or can afford to)
But they can't strike forever :confused3
That's good about Eurostar I guess I'll just have to hope for the best and keep a close eye on things in the coming days.
I really feel for anyone going sooner, worrying about flights, fuel etc. I just saw on Air France facebook post that long haul flights are 100% fine, its short haul flights that are the problem. So if anyone in America or elsewhere is worried, you should be fine if flying with Air France.

We booked our trip and unusually we decided to take the eurostar and leave the car at home. I'm really glad we did now, the only thing that should cause us an issue is if the Disney staff decide to join in the strikes. We leave on Friday.

I didn't even think of this :scared1::scared1:
What are the chances the Disney staff will strike?!
Phew, I'm in danger of getting myself in a right tizzy worrying about all this. But like most people on here, we've been saving for, looking forward to and counting down to this trip for months and months. I can't help feeling really uneasy about this whole situation.

well, had a msg from katrina who is on her way back now (i hope), and she says john from ezyshuttle says that sum flights to paris r gettin diverted to brussels and then ppl have to get a bus.... lots of cancelled flights and apparently there is worse to come....

so - on that basis its not looking good at all.... really hope everyone gets there ok and back of course too....

well, had a msg from katrina who is on her way back now (i hope), and she says john from ezyshuttle says that sum flights to paris r gettin diverted to brussels and then ppl have to get a bus.... lots of cancelled flights and apparently there is worse to come....

so - on that basis its not looking good at all.... really hope everyone gets there ok and back of course too....

Oh no this is bad news for those who are travelling now, my heart goes out to them. It's getting there I'm worried about, wouldn't be quite so worried about getting back! Brussels then a bus would be a nightmare but I suppose better than not getting there at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter