Strangest nicknames of people you know

My mother-in-law rents out property, and one of her tenants is a guy named, I think, Dave. He's kind of the town simpleton, but everyone loves him and looks out for him. Everyone calls him "Donk." He got that name because, and I'm trying to be as delicate and polite as possible here, a certain part of his anatomy apparently compares favorably to that of a donkey.

A few years back Mrs. Homie and I saw some movie that takes place in Hicksville, USA, and two of the characters were these yokels named "Donk" & "Revis." And we laughed and laughed and laughed, because our town has a "Donk," and he's a harmless doofus like the movie's "Donk."

My dad and I both go by "Homie." It works out fine 99% of the time, since we live in different states. But whenever I'm hanging out with him - like, for example, at his Saturday night Texas Hold 'Em games - whenever one of his friends wants his attention and says "Homie," we both answer. ~awkward~

My FIL's name is Norman but he and his brothers all have nicknames that they go by. His is Slick. No way in Hades am I calling my FIL Slick. It makes me feel icky. So he's still Norman to me.

My mother-in-law rents out property, and one of her tenants is a guy named, I think, Dave. He's kind of the town simpleton, but everyone loves him and looks out for him. Everyone calls him "Donk." He got that name because, and I'm trying to be as delicate and polite as possible here, a certain part of his anatomy apparently compares favorably to that of a donkey.

Holy crap! That's an awesome story.

Glad you liked it! The things that amuse people in small towns....

I don't live in a small town and I can't think of a single man that would not enjoy that nickname. I want to ask all these questions about how this is well known, but I don't because I'm on the Dis.

Everyone calls my best friend Barbie, even though she is a foul-mouthed Italian brunette who has no interest in fashion. It makes so little sense that it's hysterical!!!!

I don't live in a small town and I can't think of a single man that would not enjoy that nickname. I want to ask all these questions about how this is well known, but I don't because I'm on the Dis.

I was talking about around here, not where you live, sorry for the confusion.

Word on the street is that Donk will "offer evidence," so to speak, if you buy him a beer or let him bum one of your smokes.

I was talking about around here, not where you live, sorry for the confusion.

Word on the street is that Donk will "offer evidence," so to speak, if you buy him a beer or let him bum one of your smokes.

I was just saying even not in a small town - awesome/funny nickname:)

And that bit of the story makes the whole thing even better!

Rented a house with a couple guys once years ago. One was nicknamed "Cob", as in Corn on the Cob for similar reasons. Can't confirm the accuracy of the comparison.

My husband's really good friends are Dude (Jerod) and Humpy (Eric) They've both been called that since they were in elementary school. Humpy's younger brother is often called Little Humpy. I also know some that goes by Sled (Mike)

We called one of my brothers Boo, no one knows why and he didn't even know his real name until he was about 9 since we lived in a small town and even his teachers called him that. I call my son The Boy, it's because my grandmother once couldn't remember his name and called him that and it insulted me to no end so Honey and I started referring to him that way and it stuck. My mama called me cootie, no idea why and my daddy and uncle called me peanut, evidently when I was born the nurse said I was no bigger than a peanut and it stuck. My nephew's honest to goodness real name is Justin Tyme. I can't remember a time when anyone in my family has been called by their real name.

My dad's family called him Dunk.

My grandparents in my mom's side were call big daddy (he was actually obese ), my grandmother was big momma and she wasmaybe 5 ft and was 80 lbs. Soaking wet.

:rotfl:These are pretty awesome!

My dad's family called him Dunk.

My grandparents in my mom's side were call big daddy (he was actually obese ), my grandmother was big momma and she was maybe 5 ft and was 80 lbs. Soaking wet.

When my nephew was a toddler he was thoroughly confused by the fact that his grandma and great-grandma lived in the same house...and we (his mother and aunts) tended to call them both "grandma."
He created a solution to the confusion.
And called great-grandma (who was fairly thin by that point in her life) "Little Grandma" and his average sized grandma (my mom) "Big Grandma."
I thought maybe my mom would be offended, especially when the name spread to all the other cousins and the parents as well. But, she just rolled with it.

Our poor son when he was a toddler his hair was so blonde almost white. He would call him goldielocks. He cringes when we joke with him about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter