Strangest nicknames of people you know

meaty

Mouseketeer
My brother was nicknamed pudz by his friends after the children in need bear , he had no resemblance to the bear.

My grandmother's nickname as "Dick" and my grandfather's nickname was "Hap".

When I was 19, in the army Reserves and working full time for the reg force, I somehow ended up known to everyone as "The Virgin Jane Doe". (Only subbing in my real name for Jane Doe.)

All I remember thinking was, "HOW? How can they possibly know? Do I have a blinking neon sign on my forehead!?"

SO embarrassing! :faint:

My sons have an uncle called Hobo. He was given the the name by his uncle when he was like 2 or 3. He still is better known by Hobo than his actual name.

A friend's DH has always been called Pookie. No idea why. And another one has always gone by Booger. Both of them have had these names since childhood.

My younger ds's nickname has been Shaggs since high school. He wore his hair long and shaggy. Well now he has a wrestling name that he goes by. So you can be standing in a group of his friends and hear his given name, his old nickname, a shortened version of his given name and his wrestling name by different people, one or two will use any two of those within the same conversation. He manages to answer to all of them. It gives me a headache.

One more ... my cousin's nickname was "Scuzzy" when he was younger. It was because he would "scuzz" around the floor instead of crawling when he was a baby.

Have a good friend who goes by the name Mental. Sometimes I almost forget what his real name is...EVERYONE calls him Mental. And no, he's not crazy, at all. He spent 20+ years in the Air Force, and you know how Air Force guys give each other call names...that was his, and he has stuck with it.

My brother is called Zipper by some family and very old friends - he had a number of brain surgeries as a bb and had those surgical staples along his head several times that looked like a Zipper.

The kids in my family have such weird names they couldn't have weirder nicknames. If your name is Hawkeye, or Beach, you're already covered.

Piso
Kecko
Stinky
Barbie
Lettuce
Flies

I could go on and on. DH's family is one of those who names everyone after each other so there are a million nicknames to tell them apart. AND My MIL is ridiculous with having to find a nickname for everyone in her life. She calls DD13 her little Barbie, and DH is Flies, which is her variation of his equally weird nickname. DS17 is "The Rock", and DS11 is Bubba.

Her latest victim is my 3 month old nephew, whom she has proclaimed shall be nicknamed Stinky.

She thinks she is so hilarious.

:sad2:

I know a guy called Coyote. It's not a nickname any longer, he had it legally changed to Coyote. He was pretty wild when we were young but he turned out to be a nice, respectable guy by the time he hit middle age.

My whole family has nicknames, I don't think we ever call anyone by their given name. Here are just some- first is the real name, then the nickname

Lisa (me)- Pizza
Diane- Doogie
Jeannie- Weezie
Karen- Pinky
Sharon- Moon
Robert- Buff
Michael- Spice
Richard- Chud
Robert Jr- Bub
Renee- Sue Raisin
Steve- Deacon
Amos- Danny Boy
Elizabeth- Munchie
Jason- birdman
Gerrit (DH)- g-money
Athena (my DD)- beaners

A friend of my dd's nickname is "Scooby", short for Scoobydo, of course.

My whole family has nicknames, I don't think we ever call anyone by their given name. Here are just some- first is the real name, then the nickname

Gerrit (DH)- g-money
Athena (my DD)- beaners

A friend of my dd's nickname is "Scooby", short for Scoobydo, of course.

We have a g-money and a Scooby/Scoob also. :thumbsup2

Porky/Pork (after almost 80 years, it's actually in the local phone book that way)
Lil Pork (son of Pork)
Obie
Fid (short for Fiddle - her instrument)

and one nickname that's too inappropriate to list here...

I have a great uncle who goes by Chid..it's because his brother couldn't say his real name (Sydney)

I have another great uncle who goes by Bus (real name Harvey)..I think it's a shorter version of Buster

My daughter gets called Grape by me and for some reason Greg by my brother LOL

ETA- my nickname from my dad is my username. He's the only one who calls me that, though.

I had a student once who's nickname was Bug. The first time mom picked her up in the drive-through line the kid didn't notice her, she's screaming "Bug! Bug!" and none of us knew who she was calling for. :confused3

We called one friend Chisel all through HS because a teacher BADLY butchered his actual name.

I neglected to mention two that aren't strange to me, but which drive some extended family members nuts.
I really can't say how it started, but...
We have a daughter and a son.
At some point in their childhood, we started calling them "Boy" and "Girl"
"Hey Boy, how was football?"
"Girl, could you hand me the remote?"
If we're talking to a relative, we might say "Girl's out walking the dogs." or "Boy is so sick of chemistry this year."
We've been lectured because apparently we're erasing their identity or some such... :rolleyes2

I neglected to mention two that aren't strange to me, but which drive some extended family members nuts.
I really can't say how it started, but...
We have a daughter and a son.
At some point in their childhood, we started calling them "Boy" and "Girl"
"Hey Boy, how was football?"
"Girl, could you hand me the remote?"
If we're talking to a relative, we might say "Girl's out walking the dogs." or "Boy is so sick of chemistry this year."
We've been lectured because apparently we're erasing their identity or some such... :rolleyes2

That reminds me of my friends. They refer to each other "husband" and "wife."

She will say, "Husband, did you get the flour I asked for at the store so I can make the cookies?" He will respond, "Yes, wife, I put it in the pantry."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!