Storybook and Boatwright’s Reopening!

Crazy...have never had this happen before. It just isn't showing up for me. I was a little on the fence about it, so it's okay, but it's so weird. I see Boatwrights, but never saw Storybook Dining.

Crazy...have never had this happen before. It just isn't showing up for me. I was a little on the fence about it, so it's okay, but it's so weird. I see Boatwrights, but never saw Storybook Dining.
That's so odd. I have been monitoring times for the last hour or so since they first started appearing. Did best on my desktop but also was able to see some on the app. Disney IT is so frustrating.

Keep trying. I still see lots of times on my dates. Maybe they didn't get your date loaded yet?

I ended up grabbing it from the browser on my phone. Because the app was going into a spinning circle. But I noticed at one point on the browser it wasn’t showing reservations. And then it suddenly popped up. Weird booking.

For two hours, I've tried from my laptop, the app, and even logging into the website from my phone. I never saw availability for Storybook Dining. I was looking for dinner for four on December 18th. So weird.
Oh well...it's time to get on with my actual, non-Disney life.

For two hours, I've tried from my laptop, the app, and even logging into the website from my phone. I never saw availability for Storybook Dining. I was looking for dinner for four on December 18th. So weird.
Oh well...it's time to get on with my actual, non-Disney life.
Oh no! How frustrating. :(

Wow the week before Christmas went really fast. I barely snagged one. I think the Disney travel agents were ready to pounce this one.

I know this has been a problem with other restaurants too but if I had “dinner” selected nothing comes up but if choose specific time like 6:00 they did. But I was also seeing different times on my desktop computer versus phone app. So odd!

I experienced similar issues with dessert party too. I was ready to book the second they opened. But first, it will show as "closed" or you can't click on the date. Then later, it no longer says "closed", and you can click on the date, but there's no availability. I tried browsers on desktop and phone, as well as the mobile app, none seem to work.

Cast members haven't been helpful either - one cast member via mobile app chat told me that they don't offer on the dates that I am looking (I am trying to book during 12/24-1/2) vs. another cast member over the phone said they offer on those dates but it's all sold out.

It's so confusing and I keep checking every hour and there's no sign of any availability. I thought Story Book would be more straightforward but I am having the same issues! When I spoke with a cast member this morning, she said "oh, it's weird, I don't see anything coming up".

I wonder if Disney is holding off slots on some of the dates? I have no clue what's going on and it's so frustrating to just keep trying and trying.

Am I the only one struggling with this or is there anyone else having similar issues? Any advice, please?

Well that was another frustrating try to book dining. I'm on Pacific time so getting up at 2:45am and continuously trying, should get reservations. This has happened 3 times since I've tried this trip, for all of my ADR's, Candlelight and now Storybook. Something needs to change, my vacation planning used to be fun, not frustrating.

I’m also on the West Coast and woke up at 3:30 AM - managed to snag reservations for the first week of January. I agree the system has been wonky - first, dates could be selected but no times were available, then the dates were greyed out and couldn’t be selected, then I got the reservation, then when I went back to check other times out of curiosity the dates were greyed out again. I was on WDW website using Safari via my iPad.

Got into Storybook! I feel for everyone who didn't. There was like a 15 or 20 minute window to make our reservation for our no-park day. Afterwards, nothing.

We just went earlier this evening. Had a really good time. Characters came around 3 different times, with the music and lights and a short narrative each time. Food was above average for Disney, big portions and high quality. We had 2 adults and 3 kids. Very pricey though but that’s the name of the game lately for anything Disney so just a heads up for the budgets.

Any specific questions, I’d be happy to answer.

We would definitely return to Storybook dining. It has that whimsical old school Disney atmosphere to it, that is hard to find lately.

Last edited:
We just went earlier this evening. Had a really good time. Characters came around 3 different times, with the music and lights and a short narrative each time. Food was above average for Disney, big portions and high quality. We had 2 adults and 3 kids. Very pricey though but that’s the name of the game lately for anything Disney so just a heads up for the budgets.

We would definitely return to Storybook dining. It has that whimsical old school Disney atmosphere to it, that is hard to find lately.

No specific questions. I have an ADR for 2 weeks from tonight. I was just wondering if the quality was up to pre-closure levels. Glad you enjoyed it.

Thank you for sharing this!!! My aunt and I have a reservation there for Valentines Day and I can't contain my excitement!!! Dopey is my favorite but I haven't gotten to seen him since I was 15 (30 years ago!). When the characters come around, do they stop near the tables, distanced enough and long enough for a distanced photo?

Thank you for sharing this!!! My aunt and I have a reservation there for Valentines Day and I can't contain my excitement!!! Dopey is my favorite but I haven't gotten to seen him since I was 15 (30 years ago!). When the characters come around, do they stop near the tables, distanced enough and long enough for a distanced photo?
The characters walk end to end of the restaurant. They stay in the main center walkway. They do not go near the tables in corners or by windows. We had a corner table and had to view from a distance. Although I have to say, Dopey made a point to stop and give my boys some attention. He got my shy 4 yo to pull on his ears lol. It was really cute.

7DC4ED8C-83ED-4976-928F-8C8832221980.jpeg
5E9FB3A0-44A9-4428-9ADF-25B1CAAF70B7.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter