Storm Watch: Hurricane Sandy

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
map_tropprjpath18_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg

Hurricane Sandy is getting ready to hit land the U.S. How are things looking for your area? I'm right in the path for the storm as of this afternoon and know other DISers are as well. How are you managing? :sad2:

Looks like its over Castaway Cay right now. Hope the damage to the island is minimal. Some of us are cruising in just over a month.

Looks like its over Castaway Cay right now. Hope the damage to the island is minimal. Some of us are cruising in just over a month.

I was thinking about that before. Hopefully things go well there and everyone is safe.

looks like Northern VA is along the SAME dotted line as the one going right through your town. Just follow that line to the left. Oy vey!! :faint: I do not have storm shutters like I do on my Florida house...which so far looks safe. During hurricane Isabelle about 10 years ago, we lost 22 trees and we're pretty inland considering. I am 33 miles west of the white house for perspective. I really am not sure what I can do to prepare.

I can't tie down big trees..... I'm worried about the river birch in front of my porch. Nearly lost that thing in snowmaggeddan. A windy day last week took off another branch.

Well, at least I have a case of Charmin!! :rotfl2:

Supposed to fly from Newark, NJ on Thursday to the world... am praying this all clears out with time to spare, and we're off to our happy place without any hiccups! Florida's forecast looks beautiful for next week, just have to get there!

Supposed to fly from Newark, NJ on Thursday to the world... am praying this all clears out with time to spare, and we're off to our happy place without any hiccups! Florida's forecast looks beautiful for next week, just have to get there!

What I would give for a cheese board from France, EPCOT right now...

I'm on PodCast Cruise 4.0 sailing 12/8 on the Fantasy.

oooh sounds like great fun!! Enjoy! I want to do the Fantasy next... I want to do some islands I haven't done yet. Already did western Caribbean favorites. :boat:

The bad things not just Sandy but we have a big blast of artic air heading our way too.....So as they are saying it's lining up to be a perfect storm, now that the scarey part of it!!!! Must get hubby to go out and get generator...I am not going to be throwing out hundreds of dollars in food again!!!!! Or go stirr crazy listening to nothing but the radio:bored: Good Luck to everyone who is in its path

The bad things not just Sandy but we have a big blast of artic air heading our way too.....So as they are saying it's lining up to be a perfect storm, now that the scarey part of it!!!! Must get hubby to go out and get generator...I am not going to be throwing out hundreds of dollars in food again!!!!! Or go stirr crazy listening to nothing but the radio:bored: Good Luck to everyone who is in its path

omg...I didn't even think of the power going out. Our power very rarely goes out.

Last year snow, this year a hurricane. What's next?
True- last year it snowed on 10/29 (I remember because that's my birthday and it was the first time it ever snowed on my birthday!).
So we're gonna mix it up a bit this year and get a hurricane!! Yikes! :boat:

Batten down the hatches everyone! And make sure you know where your flashlights and candles are!

Bought a non-electric can opener and 6 gallons of water! Making extra ice and making sure all of my ice packs are in the freezers in case we need them. Making some goodies to have as snacks and we have lots of canned soups and such.

We had a tree fall on our house about 4 years ago during the remnants of Hurricane Hannah! Put two holes in the roof! I woke up screaming! Our DDs slept right through it! Had to wake them when the firemen and building inspector came in the house! It happened at 2 in the morning so it scared the *&*&*& out of us! Never sleep when it's windy because of that! Good thing my liquor cabinet is stocked!

Stay safe everyone! Gotta make sure all the electronics are fully charged by Sunday night!

TTFN :tigger:

Don't ask questions you don't want answers for :rotfl: We had enough snow last year that DS12 made a snowman...I took that as Mother Nature's "trick" for Halloween. :rolleyes: I'm hoping we don't lose electric like we did during Hurricane Irene...we were out for two days. But that was the end of August when it was warm. No electric means no heat:scared:. It also means no water for us because we're on well and septic. I've got my extra gallons of water. :thumbsup2

My concern really isn't the rain...it's the rain, the arctic air, and the possible early winter storm that will collide right over NJ. It won't be fun, but at least snow/ice (if it happens) won't last long because the ground isn't frozen.

Here's to just a few wet days with no damage!

The storm this time last year left us without power for 3 1/2 days! We didn't celebrate Halloween until Nov. 4th I think it was! We had about 10 inches of snow! Couldn't believe the damage around here! I think we have a lot less leaves still on the trees than this time last year which may help us a bit! We have one tree in our yard that still has a lot but the others have lost a lot already with the cold weather and rain that we've had recently!

TTFN :tigger:

starwood said:

Last year we were afraid our flight to Orlando was going to be cancelled because of the October snow storm. Crazy!!

We are in the burbs of Philadelphia and getting a bit nervous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter