Stooopid Postman!!! - Year of a Million Dreams Postcards!

CathrynRose

<font color=brown>R.I.P. Possibly Un-PC Tag, R.I.P
So, I got in a little late on the postcard mailing for the Year of a Million, contest.

No big deal... I began sending them Friday.

What do I get back in the mail yesterday? A postcard. Nothing wrong with it. They just mailed it on back to ME!

UGH!

What the heck? Now my odds just went down. :guilty:

Is there a "trick" to this?!? :rotfl:

CathrynRose said:
Is there a "trick" to this?!?

For starters, you might want to use correct US Postage on the card.

:rotfl:

Robo said:
For starters, you might want to use correct US Postage on the card.

:rotfl:

It was!!! It was those postcards you BUY from the post-office with the postage included.

Any other helpful hints??? :p

did you put the address in the right place? and how old are the cards. because postage went up not to long ago.

I've had that happen to me before when you write the TO address on the right and the FROM address on the left (the way it should be.) For some reason they just looked at the FROM address and returned it to you. D'oh!

Now when I have to do that, I write the TO address real big and the FROM address much smaller so that there are no problems, it's worked so far.

Mecha Figment said:
...how old are the cards. because postage went up not to long ago.

My first thought.

seashoreCM said:
(inspired by the web site haircutstory.net )
Suppose that, in order to make it more difficult for prisoners to escape, they all had to sport funny haircuts or hairdos?

I've seen some prisoners.

I think that idea may already be in play. :goodvibes

Can anybody tell me the address that these cards need to be sent to and what info needs to be on the card?

Mecha Figment said:
did you put the address in the right place? and how old are the cards. because postage went up not to long ago.

I *just* bought them Thursday evening....and sent #1, Friday.

Maybe it was a fluke. But again....my odds have shot way down, and if I dont win, I will know why. :stir: :joker:

I was afraid of that too. So I put my address on the back and put the word "From" next to my address. I started mailing ours on Friday and so far haven't had any back in my mailbox.
I also let my kids draw on the back (which on a real postcard would be the picture side) Mickey heads, etc.

Jennasis said:
Can anybody tell me the address that these cards need to be sent to and what info needs to be on the card?

Sure.... but dont be suprised when you get the postcard back!!!

TO:
PO BOX 8629
ELMHURST, IL

Info:
Your Name, Addy, Phone number and Date of Birth!

Good luck!

The postal machine has a tendancy to read the addresses on post cards wrong. In order to work around this here's what you do.

Address the front of the post card normally -- stamp should be in the upper right hand corner as you write. Now, flip the card over to the empty back. Turn the card 90 degrees so the 3 inch part is the top and the 5.5 part is the side - now write your info.

The machine will now only read the front of the card and not the back.

If you are using picture postcards where you put the to and from on the same side do the same. Make sure the to address is normal and your address is the "twisted" one.

I've sent postcards nearly every day since Sep 18th and have not had one come back to me.

Good luck!

ToriLammy said:
The postal machine has a tendancy to read the addresses on post cards wrong. In order to work around this here's what you do.

Address the front of the post card normally -- stamp should be in the upper right hand corner as you write. Now, flip the card over to the empty back. Turn the card 90 degrees so the 3 inch part is the top and the 5.5 part is the side - now write your info.

The machine will now only read the front of the card and not the back.

If you are using picture postcards where you put the to and from on the same side do the same. Make sure the to address is normal and your address is the "twisted" one.

I've sent postcards nearly every day since Sep 18th and have not had one come back to me.

Good luck!

Thank you SO much!!! :thumbsup2

If I win - Im taking ya! ;)

ToriLammy said:
The postal machine has a tendancy to read the addresses on post cards wrong. !
But isn't the last handling of mail, just before it ends up in your home mailbox, done by humans?

Yeah but how many times have you gotten something at your address with another person's name? Do you really think your mail carrier really looks at each piece of mail? Granted some mail carriers are really good (my last one was) but overall they just sort it based on zip code and the bar code.

CathrynRose said:
Sure.... but dont be suprised when you get the postcard back!!!

TO:
PO BOX 8629
ELMHURST, IL

Info:
Your Name, Addy, Phone number and Date of Birth!

Good luck!

Does it have to be a post card... what about an index card in an enevlop since you have everything written down and everybody who passes it through gets the whole information :confused3

Guess my only chance is keep on going to WDW for the next 11 months :goodvibes

That's what I was wondering, with a postcard everyone will have your info.

Info they can pretty much get on the internet anyway but if it makes you feel any better I've been entering sweepstakes over 7 years now and sending post cards all the time - I've not had any problems.

Also there is actually very little hands on by humans at the post office anymore. Everything is sorted by machines, barcoded and then sent on where the barcode is read again, it is sorted again and even sorted by barcode for your mail carrier before he or she delivers it. Long gone are the days of manual labor at the post office ;)

See this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Postal_Service#Mail_sorting

The same thing happened to me the first week I sent one in.. it came right back to me.. so you are not alone!!!!!!!!!! I was so upset!

By the way.. the above poster that has been doing this for years.. what all have you won?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter