Stooopid Postman!!! - Year of a Million Dreams Postcards!

Cathryn - your chances only went down for that day (if that makes you feel better.)

From what I've read if a prize comes up as a postcard winner they only choose from the postcards that have come in THAT VERY DAY. So there's no big pile of postcards that they draw from that you'd have a bunch of cards in - just one a day.

I just wish we would hear a post card winner won something!!!!!!!!!! That would be so nice.. maybe one day soon..

I got one back, and just dropped in the mail again. I like the 90 degree theory, though. Funny that it was not stamped with anything. Looking forward to posting when I win!

Vickie46 said:
The same thing happened to me the first week I sent one in.. it came right back to me.. so you are not alone!!!!!!!!!! I was so upset!

By the way.. the above poster that has been doing this for years.. what all have you won?

I've won a some things, $1000 in iTunes gift cards from Radio Shack is my largest most recent win. I've won two iPods, a NASCAR trip, tickets to concerts, tickets to races, movie tickets, lots of gift cards ($50 Target one most recent), lots of baseball caps, a big screen TV for my brother in law, $1500 from BestBuy for a tv for another BIL, a trip to France that I had to turn down. Lots of things ;) The trip to Disney has been elusive but it's coming someday. Two of my friends just got back from their Disney trips that they won from McDonald's last year.

It's a great hobby, requires a lot of patience but if you've got the time and money for postage it's fun cause you never know when the mail carrier or Fed Ex is going to bring you something.

Vickie46 said:
I just wish we would hear a post card winner won something!!!!!!!!!! That would be so nice.. maybe one day soon..

Someone on another thread (a lawyer I think) spent time really reading the rules and posted that the rules state each month on the 20th they would pull the winners from the mail ins. It could then take as long as 2 months before those winners were notified (this is where the patience comes in) but we should start seeing winners around the middle of Dec or so.

seashoreCM said:
But isn't the last handling of mail, just before it ends up in your home mailbox, done by humans?
Um, well, since you asked... yeah, the absolute last 'sort' before the mail goes out for delivery on any given day is done by, well, your own mail carrier.

Sorting is also done by hand if there's any problem with or confusion over the address.

In addition to the GREAT suggestion of putting your required information on a postcard turned 90º from "normal", you might want to use a fine-tip Sharpie, or a Flair or other felt-tip pen, in a dark color for the mailing address, and an ink or gel pen in a legible but less-bold strength/color for your own information.

Does it have to be a post card... what about an index card in an enevlop
NoNoNoNoNO!!!!! It HAS to be a postcard!!!! Anything in an envelope does not comply with the contest entry rules and will be discarded - UNopened!!!!

I've been mailing one each for DH,me and DD since Sept 19, bought the postcards at the postoffice and cutting the half inch off..didn't do that to start with though. I put a TO: on the front before addresse and a big FROM on the back and haven't gotten any back yet "knock on wood".

I mail them to Disney Dreams Giveaway @ same addresse posted above, I also put the date I mail it on back of postcard, only to know when to mail it and not forgetting to put it in the mailbox as I write alot of them one day and stack them for mailing by date ;) I'm being persistant on this one, haven't missed mailing one yet and it's been a month :rotfl:

We'll how that looks say like 4 months or so down the road...patience is a virtue though....so it's said :)

Can you all fill me in on the whole thing. I didn't know they had a mail in entry.
Can you share the info or where I can go to read more about it.
Thanks!

phorsenuf said:
Can you all fill me in on the whole thing. I didn't know they had a mail in entry.
Can you share the info or where I can go to read more about it.
Thanks!

Surely:

http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache...lion+dreams+postcard&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=2

http://interestalert.com/story/site...a&Fid=ENTRTAIN&Type=News&Filter=Entertainment

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter or win in the Disney Dreams Giveaway. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Open only to legal residents of 50 U.S., D.C., Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico & UK. Void elsewhere and where prohibited. Giveaway runs October 1, 2006 - December 31, 2007 (mail in entries postmarked starting September 18, 2006 & received by January 14, 2008 on 3.5x5 postcard with complete name, address, daytime phone#, birth date and proper postage sent to PO Box 8629, Elmhurst, IL 60126 USA). UK residents only mail to 483 Green Lanes, London N13 4BS. Castle Suite stay and Penthouse stay will be awarded most days starting January 25, 2007 and December 1, 2006, respectively, will likely be awarded early in the day, will be for a stay that night and is only available to eligible participants at the parks and Downtown Disney(R) area in Florida and California, respectively. Some prizes, such as Dream FastPass badge, are only awarded at certain theme parks for use that day. Some prizes, such as Special After-Hour events, are only awarded on certain days at certain parks and must be used that day. Mail-in winners of prizes that must be used that day, such as Castle stay and Dream FastPass badge will receive a prize of comparable value. Approximate retail value of prizes listed: Cinderella Castle Suite Stay US $587, Mickey Mouse Penthouse Stay US $572, Disney Vacation Club Membership US $83,701, Grand Marshal World Tour US $45,370, Pin and Lanyard set US $23, Mickey Ear Hat US $12, Disney Cruise Line cruises from US $9,880 to US $16,900, Adventures by Disney vacation packages from US $15,500 to US $25,400, shopping spree US $500, Dream FastPass badge US $5, Special Park After-Hour event from US $3.83 to US $4.76 and Tour of Walt Disney's apartment and dining experience US $340. Prizes in the Giveaway range in value from US $3.83 to US $83,701. All prize awards are subject to verification. Odds of winning on a given day depend on the number of eligible participants at a selected location or within the mail-in entry pool for the time or date (as applicable) selected. Subject to official rules at www.DisneyParks.com/rules. Sponsor: Magic Kingdom Productions, Inc., PO Box 10000, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830.

What's the deal with the math skills test for Canadians? I thought that was a joke when I saw it on the boards before. Is this something required by a Canadian law dealing with contests?

Also take note that the postcard size specified isn't a standard 4 x 6 postcard.

ANTSS2001 said:
Does it have to be a post card... what about an index card in an enevlop since you have everything written down and everybody who passes it through gets the whole information :confused3

Guess my only chance is keep on going to WDW for the next 11 months :goodvibes

I, too, am concerned about ID theft (been through that already and will do everything in my power to not go through it again!). Here is another link to this topic: http://www.disboards.com/showthread...63#post15023663

Anyway, as I wrote in the link above, I called Disney and ended up talking with a nice man who is in Disney Marketing and deep into this project.

This guy is definitely "in the know". He was very nice and quite surprised that I found his telephone number! He even asked me, "How did you find my number'? Again, he was very curious, but most polite and helpful.

Anyway, he understood how some may feel uncomfortable sending a post card with such key information. So here are two other alternatives he suggested. He did add that they were trying to find the most uncostly way for folks to play. Here are two other suggestions he had besides just sending in a post card:

1) On a 3 1/2 x 5 post card, fill in all the information Disney asked for (name, address and DOB). Then take a second 3 1/2 x 5 card and put that on top of the information. Seal the edges. Then put a stamp on it and send. He said this way you can have one of the 3 1/2 x 5 cards cover the one with the information.

I asked him if we could tape around the edges and he said we should check with our local post offices to see if that was acceptable. He then suggested we find out if there is any additional postage.

3) Fill out a 3 1/2 x 5 post card as mentioned. Get an envelope that is as close to it being a 3 1/2 x 5 envelope as possible. Not just a regular sized envelope. You can then put the card inside the envelope and send. I am going to call Office Depot or some local printing companies. They should be able to accommodate for this size. Again, he stressed that the envelope must be as close to 3 1/2 x 5 as possible. But YES, he did recognize that even if it came in an envelope, it should be added to the bin.

He gave me impression that whenever they receive the cards, they put them into a big bin. Then they draw. So that is why they want the envelopes as close to the size as the post card so it will all be fair.

Hope this clears it up. I know some printing companies and an Office Depot may have 3 1/2 x 5 cards and even the same size envelopes. They may even have these items at a good rate as well.

Even after talking with him, I still know that after they draw, I don't think they have shredders around and will most likely just toss out our entries. For anyone who knows that such information is available in a trash bin, it will be a field day for ID thieves. I forgot to ask him how they discard the cards once they have the drawing so I am not taking any chances.

I think I will just wish you all well, not send in any such information, and then I can definitely sleep better knowing I did not open up the door for ID theft. (Again, been there, experienced that.) But much luck to those of you who do enter! Be sure to post your winnings! :thumbsup2

I have been away from the boards recently, could some fill me in on what this mailing is for/about?

jagruti6 said:
I have been away from the boards recently, could some fill me in on what this mailing is for/about?

The best source (besides here) is Deb's all ear net. I got tons of info from that site including the mail-in entries for the Year Of A Million Dreams. That site has the address to mail in postcards as well as what info needs to be on them and what prizes are given out and how often they draw.

Thanks, I alos must have missed that there was a postcard mail in for Disney Dreams. I would love to win the DVC membership. good luck to everyone. :)

I'm also one hoping for the DVC membership, especially after have stayed at OKW for the first time this last trip! Beautiful and I feel spoiled rotten :rotfl: We rented points from a good friend of ours and having the 1BR was the best ever, though any time at WDW is great, this trip had some extra touches! :sunny:

Still faithfully mailing a postcard for each of us in every day, almost 7 weeks later, know the addresse by heart :rotfl2:

I haven't had any of them returned to me, I write a big TO: on the front and a big FROM: on the back, so far no returns of the postcards!

OK- I know the address and info needed, the problem is I have conflicting info about the actual post card... the contest regs say 3.5x6, but won't the post office only process 4x6? I tried to buy post cards at the us post office web site- and they don't sell 3.5x6. If I buy that size index cards (or make them) and affix post card postage, will they be returned? Thansk for any help! Also- I understand it's one entry per day correct? Chances aren't better if you mass mail right?
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!