• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Stolen funds!!

I get cards off shop Disney with different designs so this isn't an issue. Plus it lets me keep things separate on cards if I need to.
And so do thousands of others. Your different designed gift card is easily the same design of many others asking you and a good fraudster waiter would have a stockpile. Easy for them to get when they offer to throw away depleted cards.

sorry this happened to you, it really stinks.
Thanks so much for the heads up. I went into the gift cards I had on the site, combined and then deleted them all. Was going to do it soon anyway as our trip is next month.
I got an e-mail for each card I combined from and then deleted.
Not a lot of money, but $255 in free money.

This is awful. I am so sorry. I sure hope that someone will be able to help you with this.

https://www.disneygiftcard.com/ then scroll down to My Cards.

Hi. This is all new to me but I did get an electronic GC for Christmas and this weekend went and purchased $125 Disney GC at Target.

I went to the site above just now, added my cards and electronic GC and then consolidated all cards to one card.
Is there any reason for me to keep the old cards and electronic GC? I'm guessing no since they should have zero balance.

Also, I deleted the cards so both the zero balance ones and the one where I transferred all the balance are no longer showing.
Is above correct to do? If the OP did not post, I think I would have just kept it on there and kept adding when I could.

Thank you so much for all your help and OP I SO hope you get your money returned.

Hi. This is all new to me but I did get an electronic GC for Christmas and this weekend went and purchased $125 Disney GC at Target.

I went to the site above just now, added my cards and electronic GC and then consolidated all cards to one card.
Is there any reason for me to keep the old cards and electronic GC? I'm guessing no since they should have zero balance.

Also, I deleted the cards so both the zero balance ones and the one where I transferred all the balance are no longer showing.
Is above correct to do? If the OP did not post, I think I would have just kept it on there and kept adding when I could.

Thank you so much for all your help and OP I SO hope you get your money returned.
These steps sound right to me. The only reason to keep old zero out cards is if you want to track how much that card used to have and where it went etc just for budgeting (that’s what I do because I budget a certain way but many won’t need to do this). The site allows you to see transactions of each card including transfers. Other than that I can’t think of a reason.

These steps sound right to me. The only reason to keep old zero out cards is if you want to track how much that card used to have and where it went etc just for budgeting (that’s what I do because I budget a certain way but many won’t need to do this). The site allows you to see transactions of each card including transfers. Other than that I can’t think of a reason.
Thank you. I think I'll just shred the zero balance cards.

Also, when I pay using the Disney GC at Disney in stores or restaurants, do I need to set up a PIN or do they
just take the card, scan and give back.

Thank you.

Thank you. I think I'll just shred the zero balance cards.

Also, when I pay using the Disney GC at Disney in stores or restaurants, do I need to set up a PIN or do they
just take the card, scan and give back.

Thank you.
👍🏻

They take the card and scan. No pin.

However there is a pin on the back of each card (as far as I know) and that’s where some PP including myself were saying there’s some trust involved in handing it over to, for instance, a waiter who takes the card out of sight in the back to charge.

👍🏻

They take the card and scan. No pin.

However there is a pin on the back of each card (as far as I know) and that’s where some PP including myself were saying there’s some trust involved in handing it over to, for instance, a waiter who takes the card out of sight in the back to charge.

Is the "PIN" the EAN code? If so, the layer on top of that code had to be removed so I could input for the card.
Are you saying that you and others cover that number somehow?

If you don't keep a zero out card how can you transfer an e-gift card on it? Is that a bad idea? I'm
still trying to figure out best way to transfer a 1k egiftcard when i receive it. I assume to a physical
card. But even zero cards means it has been scanned before. So isnt that risky also?

If you don't keep a zero out card how can you transfer an e-gift card on it? Is that a bad idea? I'm
still trying to figure out best way to transfer a 1k egiftcard when i receive it. I assume to a physical
card. But even zero cards means it has been scanned before. So isnt that risky also?

I've never reaf of peoples funds being drained because someone at Disney stole the info off the card. I think it's being exaggerated. The same could happeb when any restaurant all over the country takes your credit card.

To do what you want to do you need 2 physical gc. Move the funds to one and then move the 1k to the now zero card.

I always keep a couple of the random Mickey cards in case I need a zero dollar. Most of my physical gc are over 2 years old whether they are mickey or from shop Disney.

You have my sympathy. FWIW Disney requires the use of the same password across all accounts. That's a real problem for me. I hope you get your money back.
In the future create separate accounts with different emails/passwords for each Disney owned entity you have online accounts. It's a big pita but if you use a spreadsheet you can keep track.
Additionally I delete any gift card off the Disney gift card website that has any money on it. Disney IT is garbage. It's always been garbage and probably will be garbage at the end of time. The people who can't sell me a LL at the time they showed can't be trusted to keep my information safe.
It's a horrible way to learn that. I am so sorry.

I am so sorry that happened to you! That's beyond terrible. :sad1: I'm so grateful to you for posting your bad experience, because it was a wake-up call for me. I just went on the site and deleted the cards I had on there. I will be far more cautious when using the site in the future, being sure to delete the cards right after each transfer. Please keep us posted on whether there is any resolution with Disney. Wishing you the best!

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I hope you get your money back. Any updates? I had my gift cards on there too and just consolidated and deleted all of them. Does anyone know if we can use a Disney E-gift card to pay at the parks? Or does it have to be an actual card? Thank you.

Does anyone know if we can use a Disney E-gift card to pay at the parks? Or does it have to be an actual card? Thank you.
I think that you should be fine with an eGC. CMs have been able to manually enter my physical GC info when the magnetic strip doesn't read. But there are some CMs that have more experience with electronic GCs than others, so YMMV depending on the CM.

I think that you should be fine with an eGC. CMs have been able to manually enter my physical GC info when the magnetic strip doesn't read. But there are some CMs that have more experience with electronic GCs than others, so YMMV depending on the CM.
ok thank you!

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I hope you get your money back. Any updates? I had my gift cards on there too and just consolidated and deleted all of them. Does anyone know if we can use a Disney E-gift card to pay at the parks? Or does it have to be an actual card? Thank you.
You can use an E-GC. The CM will use the gun to scan it, just like the wristband GCs.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes and concern. Since my only form of communication to resolve this is through email, I have been checking in through email practically everyday since last Wednesday when I found my funds were gone. Last I heard from them was on Friday and they told me they are looking into it and will keep me updated.
I really hope they can resolve this soon and see exactly what happened to money!

Is the "PIN" the EAN code? If so, the layer on top of that code had to be removed so I could input for the card.
Are you saying that you and others cover that number somehow?
Yes.

I don’t cover it. And I’ve never had an issue with a cast member stealing the numbers, nor would I think it’s a common occurrence if at all. However we were just flagging that technically nothing is foolproof.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter