Stitch Replacement?

I just heard about 5,000 Epcot purists' heads explode.

ETA: also, TT does not have the "race" feeling at all. To do Sugar Rush, you would need to feel like you were passing or being passed by other racers.
Well, yeah, I think no matter what happens next with Epcot, peoples heads will explode. We saw that with frozen ever after too...
I've never actually been on test track. If they were scouring the DIS for ideas, I'd say maybe there's a way they could add a race feel to it? Obviously we're talking about changing the ride quite a bit, but hey, we are dreaming here! :) The indy speedway doesn't really feel like a race to older kids and adults, since the max speed is 7. Hell, maybe they should just find an empty space to put a wreck it ralph ride in. Surely they still have a few empty spaces, right?

Well, yeah, I think no matter what happens next with Epcot, peoples heads will explode. We saw that with frozen ever after too...
I've never actually been on test track. If they were scouring the DIS for ideas, I'd say maybe there's a way they could add a race feel to it? Obviously we're talking about changing the ride quite a bit, but hey, we are dreaming here! :) The indy speedway doesn't really feel like a race to older kids and adults, since the max speed is 7. Hell, maybe they should just find an empty space to put a wreck it ralph ride in. Surely they still have a few empty spaces, right?
You're missing out on test track though. It was a lot better when it was about crash test dummies but the tron-ified version is neat. But yeah I've come to the conclusion that I hate Disney purists. I've been bullied off another site by film purists because they overreacted on an accident and when I tried saying it the moderators told me I deserved the bullying. The Disney world purists irk me only because I hate how they nitpick every single little thing about the parts which leaves someone like me who doesn't have the opportunity to go once a year or often that these people are spoiled and can't take anything at all since... You know what forget it, don't want to get bullied off here too

They aren't go carts. I also will say that autopia/speedway was something that Walt put in tomorrowland.
True. Personally I wish they'd change the layout to something more like Autopia or make use of the several lanes and actually have them race. Not that it would help capacity

You're missing out on test track though. It was a lot better when it was about crash test dummies but the tron-ified version is neat. But yeah I've come to the conclusion that I hate Disney purists. I've been bullied off another site by film purists because they overreacted on an accident and when I tried saying it the moderators told me I deserved the bullying. The Disney world purists irk me only because I hate how they nitpick every single little thing about the parts which leaves someone like me who doesn't have the opportunity to go once a year or often that these people are spoiled and can't take anything at all since... You know what forget it, don't want to get bullied off here too
I can't imagine any Disney purist getting upset about the current version of TT being replaced. I'd rank it right up there with the Figment refurbs as one of the worst updates ever. Of course for some unless they announced they were bringing back Horizons it won't be right.

Sorry, some posts seemed sarcastic. Internet doesn't translate emotion. Stitch is my favorite character, and the current ride is bad, but I'd rather see him have something in the parks rather than nothing. They took away the photo pass stitch magic shots. They discontinued his meet and greet for a while, thankfully brought him back, and now there's talk of getting rid of his attraction. Stitch is awesome. I'm wishing for more stitch. I go to the Ohana breakfast every time I visit. (lilo and stitch really love my ohana tattoo...) I really hope that if they replace great escape, that something really cool goes in its place, and that stitch gets a new home. I'm worried if they try to shoehorn a new attraction in there, that it's still going to be awful. I hope disney takes the time to put something wonderful there if they do take out stitch.

I dont understand why disney seem so intent on pushing stitch out of WDW. I may be wrong, but I'd imagine Stitch is one of if not the most popular characters to any girls/women aged between 12 and 35, especially if they're from asian regions. They must sell (or at least could if the merc selection wasnt so poor these days) a ridiculous amount of stitch merch to that demographic. Why on earth would they want to phase out that merch stream and IP for that demographic? Its just ridiculous that they've never managed to come up with a worthy attraction for him.

I dont understand why disney seem so intent on pushing stitch out of WDW. I may be wrong, but I'd imagine Stitch is one of if not the most popular characters to any girls/women aged between 12 and 35, especially if they're from asian regions. They must sell (or at least could if the merc selection wasnt so poor these days) a ridiculous amount of stitch merch to that demographic. Why on earth would they want to phase out that merch stream and IP for that demographic? Its just ridiculous that they've never managed to come up with a worthy attraction for him.
That's what I'm saying!!!! You know how many Stitch tattoos I see besides my own? More than I see mickey tattoos. There is a huge market for Stitch. It doesn't make any sense for them to completely get rid of Stitch. Come on Disney, we all know you're all about the $$$$$!!!!

I honestly think they might be pushing stitch out because of the rocky relationship between Chris Sanders and Disney ever since he was let go on Bolt, but he comes back for everything new with stitch such as infinity. Could be a wild theory though

I agree wholeheartedly with you, but wow do the little kids love the Indy Speedway. That was the thing my son was looking forward to the most. He was going to get to drive his own car...

It sure does take up a lot of space though.

My kids love the speedway too - plus it is something classic to Disney parks and (nearly) all have a version

I wish they'd at least update to like what they have in Hong Kong where it is electric cars with lights and cool sounds and actually feels a bit "futuristic"

I really can't see this happening anytime soon. With every new movie there are rumors of retheming or swapping for the new movie and in the end very little happens until much later. The current leadership team isn't adept at being ahead of something popular as much as they are about chasing it. I just can't see them doing anything Wreck-it-Ralph until it's at least a year old and they see if it's still popular.

I really can't see this happening anytime soon. With every new movie there are rumors of retheming or swapping for the new movie and in the end very little happens until much later. The current leadership team isn't adept at being ahead of something popular as much as they are about chasing it. I just can't see them doing anything Wreck-it-Ralph until it's at least a year old and they see if it's still popular.
Wreck it Ralph is already a movie. Sure they have a second one coming out but that shouldn't affect this. Wreck it Ralph was a popular movie as well. If it happens it will happen quickly.

Wreck it Ralph is already a movie. Sure they have a second one coming out but that shouldn't affect this. Wreck it Ralph was a popular movie as well. If it happens it will happen quickly.
I know but that was 2012 and while it was good and fairly well received it didn't exactly set the world on fire in the years since. I'm all for replacing Stitch (nothing against Stitch but the attraction is terrible) I just don't see this really happening with the way things currently operate.

Can they please please please do something with Wall-E...It seems like this is one disney movie that gets NO love. Heck, even the incredibles have characters that walk around. Make Wall-E the next "Push" going around tomorrow land, give Eve and Wall-E a ride, a show, something!! They can be a big hit with sustainability and taking care of the planet; Could you imagine getting sprayed with a fire extinguisher as wall-e flies through space? or getting a cep-tu-ah-centenial sundae in a cup?! /rant and being excitement for new things in tomorrow land!

Can they please please please do something with Wall-E...It seems like this is one disney movie that gets NO love. Heck, even the incredibles have characters that walk around. Make Wall-E the next "Push" going around tomorrow land, give Eve and Wall-E a ride, a show, something!! They can be a big hit with sustainability and taking care of the planet; Could you imagine getting sprayed with a fire extinguisher as wall-e flies through space? or getting a cep-tu-ah-centenial sundae in a cup?! /rant and being excitement for new things in tomorrow land!
Those are all fantastic ideas imo. Why aren't you working for Disney? lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter