Stitch Replacement?

I'll say it again...how does Sugar Rush fit in TOMORROWland?? I'm all for replacing Stitch...heck, we could replace it with a room where you walk in and watch paint dry and it would be an improvement, but Sugar Rush belongs in Fantasyland. This space is prime for a Tron attraction...then they can overhaul the Speedway and make it a Sugar Rus ride and annex that space into fantasyland. boom. Done.

I'll say it again...how does Sugar Rush fit in TOMORROWland?? I'm all for replacing Stitch...heck, we could replace it with a room where you walk in and watch paint dry and it would be an improvement, but Sugar Rush belongs in Fantasyland. This space is prime for a Tron attraction...then they can overhaul the Speedway and make it a Sugar Rus ride and annex that space into fantasyland. boom. Done.

Fully agree - feels like the theme of Tomorrowland is changing. Rather than being about the future and letting you experience it, it is like technology based attractions - so using VR in the racing game, dynamic anmiation in the Monster's Inc laugh floor, etc.

Seems like this is becoming a trend though of being lax with the them of places. I mean, still interested to see how Guardians of the Galaxy fits the Universe of Energy theme

Actually I think Wreck-It-Ralph could fit into Tomorrowland since it is technology/video game related, but the better fit would be turning the Speedway into a Sugar Rush race course.

I'm not going nit pick at ANY attraction that replaces a waste of space such as Stitch at MK. Though I am happy to hear the VR part of the rumor may not come to fruition.

No Wreck it Ralph was popular and has a sequel coming out. It did $470 million

Wreck-It Ralph (2012) - Box Office Mojo
Which for Disney Animation trying to find their footing and being the first movie to open after Superstorm Sandy (remember that cut off a bunch of theaters) was HUGE. Plus it did win a ton of awards, just not the 3 most coveted ones (Oscar, BAFTA and Golden Globe) but it got other prestigious ones (Annie, PGA, NBR)

Here's one more thing to consider...appeal for boys.

A lot of boys aren't big Disney fans because of the emphasis on the princesses. Wreck it Ralph caters more to guys in its theming. Sure, Stitch could also theoretically do that, but he's more of an "aww, how cute" character to girls than he is a "cool dude" to boys. (Source: I work with kids for a living).

Here's one more thing to consider...appeal for boys.

A lot of boys aren't big Disney fans because of the emphasis on the princesses. Wreck it Ralph caters more to guys in its theming. Sure, Stitch could also theoretically do that, but he's more of an "aww, how cute" character to girls than he is a "cool dude" to boys. (Source: I work with kids for a living).
I think that is a solid point but don't you think Miles from Tomorrowland would fit the same need and fit the land better as well?

Although I do kind of want to mention that I personally think Ralph appeals more so to adults and teens than kids, but that's probably only because of the nostalgia and subject matter of his movie

Video games have a very universal appeal these days, and Disney clearly wants to exploit that, hence the sequel being announced this soon (consider that it's probably been in development for at least a couple of years). Things at the parks are not that different. TSMM (an attraction based on a video game system) is arguably the busiest ride at WDW, which clearly has to mean something to the executives (besides the fact that there's no family friendly rides at DHS). I don't know how much Ralph made as far as merchandise goes, but the movie was quite successful and there's a strong fan base that wants to see more of it at the parks. I'd rather have a dark ride version of the speedway at Sugar Rush, but hey... it is what it is.

Video games have a very universal appeal these days, and Disney clearly wants to exploit that, hence the sequel being announced this soon (consider that it's probably been in development for at least a couple of years). Things at the parks are not that different. TSMM (an attraction based on a video game system) is arguably the busiest ride at WDW, which clearly has to mean something to the executives (besides the fact that there's no family friendly rides at DHS). I don't know how much Ralph made as far as merchandise goes, but the movie was quite successful and there's a strong fan base that wants to see more of it at the parks. I'd rather have a dark ride version of the speedway at Sugar Rush, but hey... it is what it is.
I see what you're saying and I agree with you on the dark ride aspect but I only said what I said because I don't think 8-bit gaming appeals to kids as much. I do think minecraft is a tad too polished and 3 dimensional to be considered authentic 8-bit

I see what you're saying and I agree with you on the dark ride aspect but I only said what I said because I don't think 8-bit gaming appeals to kids as much. I do think minecraft is a tad too polished and 3 dimensional to be considered authentic 8-bit

That's true. It does appeal more to millenials since we grew up with those video games, but who knows. According to the rumors the sequel will be more focused on console and online gaming, which I guess is a way to connect with the new generations.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter