• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Step Right Up and Watch Us Stack The Genie 🧞‍♂️ New TR started 9/25**

Our bags are packed, We are ready to go!

Well, I still have packing to do myself. My sister told me she is all packed! I always wait until the last minute, 😝 it is odd because I am such a planner and usually very organized.

I just don’t like to pack to early. I will start working on it today and finish it up tomorrow!

I have had a stressful week at work! I am so glad to be off for the next two weeks.

I don’t know if we made the national news, but our Minnesota Nurses Union is fed up! 15,000 Minnesota RNs are going on strike! We filed the intent to strike and gave all the Minnesota Hospitals our strike notice!

I am still hoping we can settle before the strike but I just don’t know if we will this time.
1662216233355.gif
Nurses are tired, stressed, short staffed and being worked to the point of breaking! Many have left the bedside,it is very sad. :sad:

I have been a RN since I was 21 years old so if you do the math I have been caring for patients for many many years!

We want safe staffing, a fair wage and benefits! Needless to say, I need a VACATION!!

On to more fun things! Our trip!

We leave early on 9/6 and spend 3 nights At Portofino Bay in Universal Orlando! Bliss :beach:
IMG_2022-9-3-093615.jpg

I was able to get a Savannah view room at AKL for less than our original YC stay so I switched us to that!
IMG_2022-9-3-085149.jpg
IMG_2022-9-3-085411.jpg

We want the balcony to escape to and relax watching the animals. Plus the rooms have had a slight refurbishment since our last stay.

I was able to get The Savor the Savannah tour again, yay! :cheer2:

I just kept checking each day and one popped up!

I have a reservation finder for a Topolinos breakfast, nothing yet.

I also booked Boma for our last breakfast before we head to the airport on 9/17.
IMG_2022-9-3-085001.jpg

MNSSHP on 9/11 and lots of Dis meets, hopefully!

I haven’t made any other ADRs at this time. I will keep checking once in awhile and if something good pops up I will grab it.

Here are a few pictures of us from a MNSSHP in 2016!
IMG_2022-9-3-085724.jpg
IMG_2022-9-3-085810.jpg
IMG_2022-9-3-085847.jpg
IMG_2022-9-3-085927.jpg
Thanks everyone for following along and I will plan to do a TR when we return!!
IMG_2022-9-3-083005.jpg
I might need to name it Where is Andi? Lol 😆

I got amazing ADRs last minute in June by subscribing to Mouse second word watcher. Not sure If that is allowed to say. We shall see. Everything I wanted but space showed up. We really liked Harmonius and saw it 3 times. Great viewing spot across from Germany right by the Friendshipboat landing.
Wow that is awesome, thank you for that. I have the reservation finder with TP and have used this.
Thanks for the tips! We will need to check out the viewing spot for Harmonius!

I just don’t like to pack to early. I will start working on it today and finish it up tomorrow!
I'm the same way. If I pack too soon in advance I forget things!

I don’t know if we made the national news, but our Minnesota Nurses Union is fed up! 15,000 Minnesota RNs are going on strike! We filed the intent to strike and gave all the Minnesota Hospitals our strike notice!

I am still hoping we can settle before the strike but I just don’t know if we will this time.
That's very stressful! I don't work for a Unionized hospital so they can pretty much do what they want with us. Luckily, they've been paying lots of bonuses to get us all to work extra, but I think we're all getting burnt out so I don't know what'll happen if that stops.
Nurses are tired, stressed, short staffed and being worked to the point of breaking! Many have left the bedside,it is very sad. :sad:

I have been a RN since I was 21 years old so if you do the math I have been caring for patients for many many years!

We want safe staffing, a fair wage and benefits!
Preach! Good luck with all that!

Here are a few pictures of us from a MNSSHP in 2016!
IMG_2022-9-3-085724.jpg

Super cute! Have an amazing trip!

Wow that is awesome, thank you for that. I have the reservation finder with TP and have used this.
Thanks for the tips! We will need to check out the viewing spot for Harmonius!
The site I referenced costs some. You pay by the number of adds your are searching for. Each location can be for lunch, or dinner or both, and you can have 3 dates you are looking for. I gave the text alert for it a different ringtone on my phone. You have to be fast, but I literally got everything I was looking for but space. In June I could have gotten a lounge walk up with less than an hour wait, but no one else in the famdamily either wanted to go, or would let me cut loose from the hive mind and go by myself.

My sister told me she is all packed! I always wait until the last minute, 😝
I do too… but I plan my packing list in advance.
I have had a stressful week at work! I am so glad to be off for the next two weeks.
:hug: Vacation just in time.
I don’t know if we made the national news, but our Minnesota Nurses Union is fed up! 15,000 Minnesota RNs are going on strike!
Had not heard that! Good luck. You nurses are woefully underpaid and overworked.
Whoa. 8 years is a long time.
We leave early on 9/6
Soon!
3 nights At Portofino Bay in Universal Orlando!
Stayed there. Liked it. :thumbsup2
I was able to get a Savannah view room at AKL for less than our original YC stay so I switched us to that!
Score. ::yes::
I was able to get The Savor the Savannah tour again, yay! :cheer2:
So happy you got that. I think you’ll really enjoy it.
also booked Boma for our last breakfast before we head to the airport on 9/17.
I really liked our Boma breakfast. I also learned that I should save room for the bread pudding. :faint:

have had a stressful week at work! I am so glad to be off for the next two weeks.

1662216233355.gif

We want safe staffing, a fair wage and benefits! Needless to say, I need a VACATION!!
Oh my gosh! That is SO stressful! We are in the same position here with our contracts having expired on August 31st. We go to strike vote on September 23rd and I think it is going to be messy.
Lovely!!
I also booked Boma for our last breakfast before we head to the airport on 9/17.
So delicious! I had breakfast there on the 27th and had three plates!!! Needless to say I didn't need much else until later in the day!

Hi!!! I am soooo sooo sooo behind! But I am trying to catch up. I made it to your pre-trip report intermission. I will catch up soon!

Enjoy my landry list of comments so far!

My daughter is Andi and she is a senior in college!
How is she a senior already!!!

She has found there is a great need for her bilingual skills out there!
So great that there is a need for her skills! She is set for graduation!

His only flaw is he doesn’t like traveling to Florida and he is not a Disney fan, boo
Double Booll

Nature! I was able to get a Remy $FP right as we were taking off, shhh 🤫 don’t tell the pilot
Ha! It's so stupid anyway.

We travel to Orlando quite often and wow this was the busiest I have seen the airport in awhile. Yikes 😱 I hope everyone wasn’t heading to WDW.
I always wonder is it more busy than before or is it that we just forgot what it was like to be in crowds.

In the car, I ordered a few groceries from Instacart, wow it was literally $30 dollars more than January for basically the same items, wow, inflation sucks!
Inflation on groceries is ROUGH!!!!

Cheesy Barbecue Brisket with house made chips,
This is sooo good! Love it.

I made a room request on TP and it was in this similar area on 4th or 5th floor. The CM at the front desk told me they rarely look at faxes anymore. She said since I hadn’t called in to request an area that is why they gave me the room above the restaurant.:sad2::confused3
Makes sense that they wouldn't read all the fax requests but giving you a lower value room is shady!

No more chip and dale tiles?!? Sad...

I hate to say it, but the room seems pretty meh... And doesn't make me want to stay there. We used to love WIlderness lodge!

The ice machine was across the hall! I love ice 🧊 so the proximity was great!
Would it be weird to request to be near the ice machine? I am the same way.

Our first booth was at the Citrus Blossom for the orange sunshine wine slushy. This was so good! We forgot to take a picture before drinking it. It is very small, only two or three sips and it is gone
That citrus wine slushy is so good and the serving literally couldn't be any smaller. Very disappointing.

We decided to keep drinking, lol 😂 we hit up the Cider House and I got the 3 Daughters Brewing Pink Lemonade Hard Cider and Andi tried the Bold Rock Watermelon Cider. We liked both but thought the pink lemonade was the 🏆 winner!
Drinking is the way to keep moving for sure!

IMG_2022-5-14-063051.jpg

The arepas were very dense and just one note to me. The cheese and density was too much cheese 🧀 for me!
That arepa has ALOT of cheese on it. We got the one with shrimp, I think, and didn't have nearly as much cheese.

I watched the fireworks from our balcony and passed out shortly after! I slept well in my comfy WL bed!
IMG_2022-5-14-063212.jpg
Perfect view! And perfect way to end the evening!

We needed to crisscross a lot this evening! Something I should have thought about when stacking the old genie 🧞‍♂️
Genie does do that!

e dessert party in January and that was all we needed for this current show!
Same for us!

his put a damper on our fast paced evening. Andi said she felt sick to her stomach and I just felt sad!
Yikes! That is not the way to end an evening. I hope she was ok.

It still wasn’t 11pm yet and we had done 6 rides with minimal waits since 7pm!
Wow! I am impressed!!!!

This worked great because once we finished, it would be extra hours!
It wasn't even Extra Hours yet!!!!

lol 😆 she was slurring and says I watch all your mother/daughter YouTube videos, for Disney dining. I told her she has the wrong mother/daughter duo. She was drunk and you could smell the alcohol 🍺. I didn’t realize we were on a party boat in IASW, haha 😆
I wonder who she thought you were?

The ride was comical because the drunk lady kept trying to wake up her drunk daughter or friend and she was passed out!
And how do you get that drunk in MK?

So to recap we did 11 attractions this evening and the majority we can thank the Genie 🧞‍♀️ and my wallet!
Amazing!!! You make me want to be at a deluxe for MK EEH!!!!

We took the boat back and it is such a pleasant mode of transportation and relatively quick.
It is literally why we love Wilderness Lodge!

Andi can bob and weave like no other! Sometimes it is way to much for her mom! I honestly don’t know how she does it!
I always tell Morgan that is the benefit of being short. You can weave through crowds easier!

and my wallet got us on Dinosaur, Safari, FoP, NRJ, Everest and Bug’s Life. For us it was worth it today because of the crowds, however, not sure I would do the Genie+ every time at AK. If we stayed longer Lion King show, Kali River, and Animation Academy could have been done with the Genie.

What do you all think? Worth it for what we did or not?
Genie + is a nessicary evil in my mind. We are so used to FP that not having it is rough.

ou pay a lesser amount for the moonshine and soda refills are free!
Moonshine is our favorite!!! I didn't realize you can get free soda refills with them!!!

I asked for a small plastic cup with ice to try some of the moonshine. It was good and you can definitely taste the alcohol 🍷
It is strong!

I was just finishing my Sangria and dinner when I got the text from Gideon’s to come and join the queue. It did take the whole 2 hours and 20 minutes. Andi stayed behind to take care of the bill and was going to meet me at Gideon’s.
It is a long time to wait but I don't fully count it as waiting if you can go do other things. I mean you got dinner while you waited!

both went in and she reminded me not to go overboard lol 😆 The last few time we had way to many cookies! I decided on the after dark coffee cake cookie, 1 chocolate chip and 1 double chocolate chip and that was it! I really wanted one of the delicious cold brews but it would have kept me up for hours. I can’t do caffeine in the evening.
Ha! It is so easy to! The cookies are so big! And you want to try all of them!!!

decided to have part of a Gideon’s cookie 🍪 and a banana out on the deck.
Breakfast of Champions!!

It was Mini Golf at the Fantasia course. The course opened at 10am. We took a Lyft to the new Swan Reserve hotel. We had some time to look around before the golf course opened. The Swan Reserve is really nice. It has a couple lounges and restaurants.
We tried this and the wait was too long!

At 12pm we made another FP for TSM with a time of 3:30pm. We had 4 attractions stacked before entering the park
Stacking sounds like the way to go!!!

We thought the margarita flight was okay, a little watered down without much flavor. The 3 flavors were lime, pomegranate, and citrus. My favorite was the lime.
That is a bummer. I am a sucker for a flight of any kind.

We got on in less than 15 minutes. I love this attraction and would love to ride several times in a row!
We got to go 3 times in a row this last trip and it was so fun. BUt 3 is my limit, my arm was tired!!!!

always amazed how quick the Skyliner service is and even with a transfer at Caribbean station, it is fast. I like taking time off to spend at The Riviera, we love it there!
The Skyliner is great! We are looking to stay at least part of our July trip next summer at Caribbean Beach, def need to walk over and check out Riviera!

You're a pro packing for Disney, so you don't need to be as on top of it! :)

Sure does sound stressful. This trip is right on time!

Have the best trip :) Can't wait to read all about it!

That's very stressful! I don't work for a Unionized hospital so they can pretty much do what they want with us. Luckily, they've been paying lots of bonuses to get us all to work extra, but I think we're all getting burnt out so I don't know what'll happen if that stops.
Be very thankful that you still have jobs! The hospital in Atlanta where I have worked for the last 29 years is closing its doors on November 1. We are a 460 bed hospital and a level 1 trauma center (1of only 2 in the Atlanta metro area). The NON-profit company that owns us has decided that they lost too much money on us last year and the only solution is to shut us down. SMH

I am always sad when nurses need to go on strike! It's never good for anyone. I hope they can come to an agreement before it comes to that. My mom was a nurse practitioner when the nurses went on strike. And she said crossing the picket line was the worst thing ever.

Well, you are on your trip now, I hope it is just what you needed!!!!

So sorry I missed your send off, but it looks like you're having fun.

Sorry about the strike hanging over your head. I hope it is settled and y'all were able to get what you deserve.

Can't wait to ready about your trip when you get back.

The Genie 🧞‍♂️ stayed in his bottle today!

4/30/22 Saturday

I woke up around 7am today and didn’t rush to plan my day on the MDE. We decided not to use the Genie+ today.

Our plans included a leisurely morning at WL and FW.

I did pay for the fancy ride FOP. I wanted the time frame of 5:45-6:45pm. We had a very special tour planned at 3pm in AK and a ride on FOP after this was perfect!

My friend @franandaj pointed me in the direction of your report and I am loving it!! We can purchase LL with Genie +?

Hello Everyone!

1663673446932.gif

We had a wonderful trip, it really is hard to be back to normal every day life!
Thank goodness for the DIS

:rotfl:

I will be back soon to reply to posts and I will hopefully get my new TR started soon!

Here is a picture of our balcony view at AKL, it was beautiful!
A4447F67-D44B-4D70-B09B-F4374BA99952.jpeg

really liked our Boma breakfast. I also learned that I should save room for the bread pudding.
I should have listened to you! :rotfl:
Oh my gosh! That is SO stressful! We are in the same position here with our contracts having expired on August 31st. We go to strike vote on September 23rd and I think it is going to be messy.
It really has been so stressful and we are no where near settling yet even with the 3 day strike we had!
So delicious! I had breakfast there on the 27th and had three plates!!! Needless to say I didn't need much else until later in the day!
Awesome breakfast!
ETA - you're off to a great start. Looking forward to hearing how both the Genie and the tour worked out.
Thank you so much!

Have a brilliant time. Wishing you safe travels
Thank you Moira, spoiler it was one of the best trips I have had in awhile!
I'm the same way. If I pack too soon in advance I forget things!
Exactly! I have actually done that, packed ahead of time and forgot some essentials lol 😆
It sure is! I have been back to work for 2 days now since all of this and tensions are high! Ugh 😑 I wish we could all get on the same page for patients!
Preach! Good luck with all that!
Haha 😂 we both know as “seasoned” nurses how that goes!
Super cute! Have an amazing trip!
Ahh thank you, I see you are on your trip now, have a blast, we had an awesome trip
The site I referenced costs some. You pay by the number of adds your are searching for. Each location can be for lunch, or dinner or both, and you can have 3 dates you are looking for. I gave the text alert for it a different ringtone on my phone. You have to be fast, but I literally got everything I was looking for but space. In June I could have gotten a lounge walk up with less than an hour wait, but no one else in the famdamily either wanted to go, or would let me cut loose from the hive mind and go by myself.
Thank you, I did not have success but probably because I was looking for a specific fireworks dining reservation at R&C, there was one but darn if I wasn’t fast enough to get it, same with the Topolinos!
Whoa. 8 years is a long time.
I knew I liked you! :rotfl: :flower:
Stayed there. Liked it.
We really had a great stay at Portofino Bay! Very relaxing!
So happy you got that. I think you’ll really enjoy it.
Spoiler, we had a great time! This tour is so fun!

Hi!!! I am soooo sooo sooo behind! But I am trying to catch up. I made it to your pre-trip report intermission. I will catch up soon!

Enjoy my landry list of comments so far!
Hi there! Thanks for taking the time to read my report! I have been following along on yours. We were there somewhat at the same time!
How is she a senior already!!!
It is sad and exciting at the same time. Now she is working like an adult, doing a professional internship! Proud of my baby!
So great that there is a need for her skills! She is set for graduation!
Yes, She can do so much with her degree and now with this internship
I always wonder is it more busy than before or is it that we just forgot what it was like to be in crowds.
I really think it is more busy especially during times it was typically lower crowds!
ooo good! Love it.
That brisket dip is a favorite of mine now!
Makes sense that they wouldn't read all the fax requests but giving you a lower value room is shady!
It really was! I especially paid for the nature view so this wouldn’t happen!
I hate to say it, but the room seems pretty meh... And doesn't make me want to stay there. We used to love WIlderness lodge!
It really is bland, a few cute Disney touches here and there but not much
That citrus wine slushy is so good and the serving literally couldn't be any smaller. Very disappointing.
I agree, don’t make it any smaller geesh!
That arepa has ALOT of cheese on it. We got the one with shrimp, I think, and didn't have nearly as much cheese.
I think I would have liked it more if it had the shrimp or chorizo on it!
It is literally why we love Wilderness Lodge!
Ahh the boats are so relaxing, love it!
I always tell Morgan that is the benefit of being short. You can weave through crowds easier!
This is very true except people come at you like they can just run right over you, I hate that!
Genie + is a nessicary evil in my mind. We are so used to FP that not having it is rough.
Ugh so true! Stay tuned for my new TR, a little different perspective
Moonshine is our favorite!!! I didn't realize you can get free soda refills with them!!!
It really is good and such a good deal that you can use you sipper for soda free!
It is a long time to wait but I don't fully count it as waiting if you can go do other things. I mean you got dinner while you waited!
Yes I like the VQ with a text message to come back, allows you to do many other things in DS
Stacking sounds like the way to go!!!
It really is especially at MK and DHS
We got to go 3 times in a row this last trip and it was so fun. BUt 3 is my limit, my arm was tired!!!!
We did it 2x in a row recently and it was so much fun but yes arm gets sore
The Skyliner is great! We are looking to stay at least part of our July trip next summer at Caribbean Beach, def need to walk over and check out Riviera!
I love the Skyliner for transportation. It is a game changer at these resorts!

Have the best trip :) Can't wait to read all about it!
Ahh thanks it was awesome!
Be very thankful that you still have jobs! The hospital in Atlanta where I have worked for the last 29 years is closing its doors on November 1. We are a 460 bed hospital and a level 1 trauma center (1of only 2 in the Atlanta metro area). The NON-profit company that owns us has decided that they lost too much money on us last year and the only solution is to shut us down. SMH
Wow, that is terrible. I have never in my 30+ years as a RN ever lost a job usually there are way to many RN jobs open and not enough to fill them.
We are still negotiating I hope we can come to an agreement soon!
am always sad when nurses need to go on strike! It's never good for anyone. I hope they can come to an agreement before it comes to that. My mom was a nurse practitioner when the nurses went on strike. And she said crossing the picket line was the worst thing ever.
It really is very sad. Also very sad we have to fight for safe staffing and a decent raise!
Well, you are on your trip now, I hope it is just what you needed!!!!
It was wonderful and such a great getaway from all the stresses of my job and life in general
So sorry I missed your send off, but it looks like you're having fun.
Ahh thank you, it was great!
Sorry about the strike hanging over your head. I hope it is settled and y'all were able to get what you deserve.
It stinks and we still do not have a contract!
Can't wait to ready about your trip when you get back.
Coming soon!
My friend @franandaj pointed me in the direction of your report and I am loving it!! We can purchase LL with Genie +?
Thank you! You can purchase Genie+ each day of your trip if you want, it gives you less wait time for 40+ attractions through all the parks. The Individual lightning lane is another separate purchase for the extra special rides, like Guardians, Flight of Passage, Rise of Resistance, and 7 Dwarfs.
Welcome back!!! Can't wait to live vicariously through your next TR
Thank you, coming soon!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter