• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Step Right Up and Watch Us Stack The Genie 🧞‍♂️ New TR started 9/25**

Oh No!! The Good and the Bad for the upcoming trip!

1661601256397.jpeg

We have had to change plans! My sister text me on Wednesday morning and told me she tested positive, the night before, for the virus that shall not be named! Ugh 😩
Her husband had been sneezing 🤧 and coughing some but they thought it was his allergies! It was very mild and they just didn’t think it was “um you know who” well it was and Donna now has it.
She has a very mild case, basically a running nose and tickle in her throat. She still wanted to travel 🧳 as soon as she was out of the quarantine stage.
I quickly got down to business and as a savvy trip planner for Disney, I was able to make some changes!
1661601777667.gif
I left our Universal portion alone. We will now arrive on 9/6 and start our trip at HHN! We will start with very scary and end with much less scary 😦
1661601959046.gif
This is very scary!!, This not so bad

Image result for mickey mouse in halloween costume gif

Our Universal portion has not changed at all, yay!
I had to change our entire Disney portion, yay and nay!
First the nays
No more awesome Disney Visa deal for the YC :sad: oh well I am definitely not paying over 2 grand more so we will be staying at POFQ! Donna really wanted to stay in the Epcot area but POFQ is a nice alternative and the cost is much less!
IMG_2022-8-27-073113.jpg

IMG_2022-8-27-073142.jpg
IMG_2022-8-27-073207.jpg

We will move over to WDW on 9/9 and stay until 9/17.
The flight was easily changed except it cost us each an extra $100.00, not sure why when it is after Labor Day. :confused3
The biggest bummer is I lost all my good ADRS and I am not able to get any of these back except I did get Sci-Fi and Oga’s Canteen otherwise nothing, nadda, zip!
I lost our R&C special fireworks dinner, Topolinos breakfast, Space 220 lounge lunch, Sanaa, and the biggest bummer is Savor the Savannah!
I keep checking and no availability the whole week we are there! I will keep checking.
The yays
We will be at WDW with quite a few of the Epic ladies! Su-Lynn, Ariane, Jenny, Ariana, Lesley, Liesa, and KariLynn will all be there! :cheer2:
We should be able to have some “Epic” meet ups!

I was able to get our MNSSHP changed to 9/11 and some of the Epic ladies will also be at this party! The party is now sold out so I am glad we got our tickets switched.

My work was awesome about my changes because next week is super busy and they were dreading me being gone next week! I will work a 5 day week and be off the following 2 weeks.

Fingers crossed 🤞 nothing else derails our plans!

1661603400158.gif

Oh no!! I'm so sorry your trip got derailed but thank goodness you were able to move things around. With all the MNSSHPs selling out, you're really lucky you were able to swap in.

Oh no!! I'm so sorry your trip got derailed but thank goodness you were able to move things around. With all the MNSSHPs selling out, you're really lucky you were able to swap in.
Thank you, we will miss saying hi to you! The party we got is now sold out! Sorry about the double reply, not sure what happened there! You must be leaving soon!
Have a great trip

We have had to change plans! My sister text me on Wednesday morning and told me she tested positive, the night before, for the virus that shall not be named! Ugh 😩
Oh no!
POFQ is a nice alternative and the cost is much less!
And has that awesome boat ride to DTD. ::yes::
The biggest bummer is I lost all my good ADRS and I am not able to get any of these back except I did get Sci-Fi and Oga’s Canteen otherwise nothing, nadda, zip!
:(
I lost our R&C special fireworks dinner, Topolinos breakfast, Space 220 lounge lunch, Sanaa, and the biggest bummer is Savor the Savannah!
I keep checking and no availability the whole week we are there! I will keep checking.
Oh, man... so much!

But... you'll still be at Disney and I'm sure you'll have a great time. :)

Ach no I’m sorry you had to change your plans and I feel your pain losing those adrs and tour. I will be honest and tell you that I’ve been to R&C and the food only ok imho but I know it was all about the fireworks too for you. I’m sure you know this but I didn’t until this year so I will share that we discovered the little seating area to the left as you go through the check in for R&C is actually not reserved for their customers. It was a fab spot anytime of day to sit and relax/have a drink ( or in my boys cases munch some chicken and fries from the Outpost) . You don’t even have to walk through the check in archway ( hope this makes sense) , you can just scoot around it using the path between check-in desk and the pub/railed off area. You could grab some food and get your spot early along the wall to hang the same awesome fireworks view.
POFQ is a great spot and hey you now have a ton of dining options just a boat ride away plus the chance to meet so many epic friends is amazing. Crossing my fingers there’s no more hiccups 🤞

ETA hope your sister continues to be ok and recovers quickly

And has that awesome boat ride to DTD.
Yes We will be taking advantage of eating at DS a fair amount. I have always wanted to go back to the Polite Pig and Donna is not a vegetarian so yay!
I think Donna will love POFQ, the only bummer is no balcony, oh well not the end of the world!
Oh, man... so much!

But... you'll still be at Disney and I'm sure you'll have a great time.
I am bummed about the Savor Savannah tour and Space 220. Donna loves outer space 🪐 stuff. We may try a walk up right at opening.
I also found out AP holders get 30% discount at all the stores the week we are there, yay 😃
Waiting to see your report hitting these pages soon! popcorn::

Ach no I’m sorry you had to change your plans and I feel your pain losing those adrs and tour. I will be honest and tell you that I’ve been to R&C and the food only ok imho but I know it was all about the fireworks too for you. I’m sure you know this but I didn’t until this year so I will share that we discovered the little seating area to the left as you go through the check in for R&C is actually not reserved for their customers. It was a fab spot anytime of day to sit and relax/have a drink ( or in my boys cases munch some chicken and fries from the Outpost) . You don’t even have to walk through the check in archway ( hope this makes sense) , you can just scoot around it using the path between check-in desk and the pub/railed off area. You could grab some food and get your spot early along the wall to hang the same awesome fireworks view.
POFQ is a great spot and hey you now have a ton of dining options just a boat ride away plus the chance to meet so many epic friends is amazing. Crossing my fingers there’s no more hiccups 🤞

ETA hope your sister continues to be ok and recovers quickly
There are so many positives for our change so the ADRs and changing resorts is minor!
Andi and I discovered the area by RC last trip. We sat there with some of our F&G food. It really is a nice spot. We may try this area for Harmonious.
I talked to my sister yesterday and she is feeling pretty good, a little tired 🥱 so hopefully this next week she can rest and be ready for the trip on 9/6 🤞
I will miss the YC area and the balcony but the small quaint FQ is a great alternative!
I just found out AP holders get 30% off the week we are there at all the stores, this is awesome!

Ugh, I hate when life throws a curveball that messes with my plans!!!!!! Good thing you were able to switch your dates and hotel around, but SUCH a bummer about losing some of those amazing ADRs. I'll cross my fingers that you can at least get Savor the Savannah back! And I know you'll have the best time ever with all of our Epic ladies--sending hugs to each and every one of you!!!

Yes We will be taking advantage of eating at DS a fair amount. I have always wanted to go back to the Polite Pig and Donna is not a vegetarian so yay!
I've never been. Must make a point of going next time.
I think Donna will love POFQ, the only bummer is no balcony, oh well not the end of the world!
Funny.
When there's no balcony I don't miss it... when there is one, I really like it.
I am bummed about the Savor Savannah tour and Space 220.
Yeah, that's really too bad. :hug:
Donna loves outer space 🪐 stuff. We may try a walk up right at opening.
I do too... why we went. :)
I also found out AP holders get 30% discount at all the stores the week we are there, yay 😃
Score!
Waiting to see your report hitting these pages soon! popcorn::
I'm hoping soon. Trying! Life is busy... but trying!

Ugh, I hate when life throws a curveball that messes with my plans!!!!!! Good thing you were able to switch your dates and hotel around, but SUCH a bummer about losing some of those amazing ADRs. I'll cross my fingers that you can at least get Savor the Savannah back! And I know you'll have the best time ever with all of our Epic ladies--sending hugs to each and every one of you!!!
Hi Jackie! Yes the curve ball was thrown. I have made more changes of course! Last night I found a Savor the Savannah tour yay! I just kept checking every night.
I also changed our resort, hahaha 😝 AKL had an awesome visa deal for a Savannah view room and it wasn’t to much more than FQ so I changed.
We really want a balcony and slightly larger room.
It is farther away from everything but we are okay with that.
I am very excited to see so many Epic friends! Hugs all around!

I've never been. Must make a point of going next time.
It really is a good QS option! The brisket is really yummy
Funny.
When there's no balcony I don't miss it... when there is one, I really like it.
I agree, however….we might miss it so much I changed resorts, lol 😆 we are now at AKL Savannah view, didn’t cost a whole lot more so I went for it. Donna has stayed here once before and loved it, I love the atmosphere so why not! It is further than other resorts, I think that is the only negative.
Yeah, that's really too bad
I got a Savor the Savannah tour last night, yay! I just kept checking :cheer2:
I do too... why we went.
I hope we can get a walk up right when it opens for the space lounge!
I'm hoping soon. Trying! Life is busy... but trying!
I get it! I will be reading whenever you get it going!
I really hope so!!!
Yes, I’m excited to say Hi 👋

It really is a good QS option! The brisket is really yummy
Never having eaten brisket... and really wanting to try it... I will definitely keep this on my list!
I agree, however….we might miss it so much I changed resorts, lol 😆 we are now at AKL Savannah view, didn’t cost a whole lot more so I went for it.
Yay! You'll love it. :)
It is further than other resorts, I think that is the only negative.
We were at Kidani this last trip and while the bus rides are a bit longer, I didn't find it onerously so.
I got a Savor the Savannah tour last night, yay! I just kept checking :cheer2:
Woot! That's great! Such a fun tour.
I hope we can get a walk up right when it opens for the space lounge!
Good luck!
I get it! I will be reading whenever you get it going!
Started writing and should be up in a day or two. (As soon as I can find the time to proof it and add a couple finishing touches.)

took a few more pictures around the lobby and I saw a photographer in the lobby.

Andi didn’t want to be in the pictures so I went up on my own and he took some really nice pictures around the lobby.

Those came out so nice! I've never seen a lobby photographer in any resort!

No more awesome Disney Visa deal for the YC :sad: oh well I am definitely not paying over 2 grand more so we will be staying at POFQ! Donna really wanted to stay in the Epcot area but POFQ is a nice alternative and the cost is much less!
IMG_2022-8-27-073113.jpg

POFQ was a great choice! I still always think I'd love to get back there someday!

She has a very mild case, basically a running nose and tickle in her throat.

Glad to hear it's not too bad. I hope she has a full recovery and gets her strength back.

That really is creepy!

Sorry for the loss of YC but I see you got POFQ switched to AKL. Good move.

That really is a bummer. I was real disappointed last year when I had to change out Thanksgiving trip to a week later and lost my good ADRs. I see you already got some back, just keep checking.

We will be at WDW with quite a few of the Epic ladies! Su-Lynn, Ariane, Jenny, Ariana, Lesley, Liesa, and KariLynn will all be there! :cheer2:
We should be able to have some “Epic” meet ups!

That is so awesome. I really wish I could have made it. Say hello to everyone for all of us.

Fingers crossed 🤞 nothing else derails our plans!

Crossing them now for you.

Just got all caught up! So sorry your sister got it :(
Too bad you lost (most of) your ADR's, but perhaps you'll get lucky and some will show up!
Anxious to read all about it.

Oh no! So sorry to hear about your sister getting sick and having to change most of your plans. I hate that everything at Disney is in such a high demand that there's no wiggle room when it comes to changes. You seem to be keeping your spirits up, though, and are concentrating on the silver linings. And, ultimately, even if you're in Walt Disney World with no reservations, it sure beats a regular day at home!

Those came out so nice! I've never seen a lobby photographer in any resort!
:thanks: This was a first for me as well. I have seen characters now and again in the lobby but not a PhotoPass CM. He was not busy at all. It was fun to have some different pictures!
POFQ was a great choice! I still always think I'd love to get back there someday!
It is a really nice choice! We decided we wanted a balcony as a nice escape from the hectic days
Glad to hear it's not too bad. I hope she has a full recovery and gets her strength back.
She is feeling pretty much back to normal now so I hope we can head off without any other complications
Sorry for the loss of YC but I see you got POFQ switched to AKL. Good move.
We really wanted the YC area and pool but AKL is a good choice. The balcony to chill out on is wonderful! It is nice to escape to a Savannah view balcony!
That really is a bummer. I was real disappointed last year when I had to change out Thanksgiving trip to a week later and lost my good ADRs. I see you already got some back, just keep checking.
I pretty much gave up checking everyday, it is very time consuming. We will visit quite a few lounges and it will be just fine!
That is so awesome. I really wish I could have made it. Say hello to everyone for all of us.
I hope we can meet up at some point! It will be fun to say Hi to so many!
Crossing them now for you.
:thanks:
Just got all caught up! So sorry your sister got it :(
Too bad you lost (most of) your ADR's, but perhaps you'll get lucky and some will show up!
Anxious to read all about it.
Ahh thank you for continuing to follow along. Yes it did stink but I think we have a good plan going forward, minus some ADRs but we will have a wonderful time!
Oh no! So sorry to hear about your sister getting sick and having to change most of your plans. I hate that everything at Disney is in such a high demand that there's no wiggle room when it comes to changes. You seem to be keeping your spirits up, though, and are concentrating on the silver linings. And, ultimately, even if you're in Walt Disney World with no reservations, it sure beats a regular day at home!
I’m just so grateful she is doing well now and had a very mild case! Also, very happy I could switch things around and not really pay a ton extra! We leave in 3 days, yay!

I got amazing ADRs last minute in June by subscribing to Mouse second word watcher. Not sure If that is allowed to say. We shall see. Everything I wanted but space showed up. We really liked Harmonius and saw it 3 times. Great viewing spot across from Germany right by the Friendshipboat landing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter