STEAKHOUSE 71!!

Oh gracious - I went running over to the restaurants page on the WDW site to see the menu and I looked high and low and could NOT find it....then I realized I was searching for "The Wave"...

🥴

This is going to be a tough name change to "stick" in my brain!

But I know where we're going for dinner before the Merriest Christmas party in November!

I am hoping to do the same, except before Boo Bash in October!

I went to The Wave a few times but don't really intend to visit Steakhouse 71. The menus look fine, but I really don't enjoy dining in the closed-in atmosphere of the restaurant. It is just depressing. At the Contemporary, I prefer to dine for breakfast/lunch at the Contempo Cafe since it is light-filled and wide open or have dinner at the Cali Grill.

I hope I can get a dinner reservation for October 1st. When my ADR window opened, there was an issues with the server and I could only make a reservation for my arrival date of Sept. 30, I had to call in and by the time I was able to reach a CM, there were no dinner reservations on October 1 for any Magic Kingdom resort. I keep trying multiple times per day, but still can't find a dinner ADR for October 1.
If it makes you feel any better, there wasn't anything available for dinner at MK for the 1st when I was booking for a 10/29 arrival.

Is there any info on the lounge? Lounge hours and when the food items begin to be served? Planning on visiting Enchanted Rose and they don't serve food until 5:00pm even though they open earlier. I would like to do a monorail lounge crawl.

If it makes you feel any better, there wasn't anything available for dinner at MK for the 1st when I was booking for a 10/29 arrival.
Thanks! Makes me feel a tad better. But I was looking for an ADR for one the MK resorts - Poly, Grand Flo, etc.

Hoping to try every meal while we're there! :) Alarm is set for the morning!
CRT reservations were such a mess, even though we were on and trying to make reservations, the system was so messed up it took nearly 2 hours - but we persevered and got them!
If I get mine, I'll be freeing up a Grand Floridian Cafe lunch and a BOG Dinner.

I'll be trying for an early dinner on our Friday boo bash night. I think it might be tricky because there are no dinner reservations available that evening anywhere in the MK or at the monorail resorts! Staying at the Contemporary so it would be perfect to eat dinner there!

I know booking opens tomorrow at 6am. I'm hoping to get a lunch reservation for my October trip. I see the restaurant on the app but not on the website. Is it up yet or will it go live tomorrow? What am I missing? I've learned not to rely on the app when making ADRs this go round. TIA!

UPDATE: I found it! Ha! Duh lol

Good luck to everyone wanting to get a SH71 ADR tomorrow! I started another thread about my terrible ADR experience all day today so hope I get some pixie dust tomorrow!

I'll be up with everyone else trying to get one for our trip in November before we head to MK for the Merriest!!!

Good luck everyone!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I'll be up with everyone else trying to get one for our trip in November before we head to MK for the Merriest!!!

Good luck everyone!

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

That's my plan as well! Maybe make a 6:00 reservation before I head to Merriest! Although I was contemplating earlier so I have room for snacks! I usually eat dinner around 7:00 so 5:00 seems early but, again, I want some time for my food to settle!

Please report back if you are able to snag an ADR! If I don't get one I'd like to at least celebreate with you all 😆

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter