Staying up

Hannathy, I understand that you are trying to help T&E be as independent as possible. However, neither you nor I nor anyone else on here can possibly know what really goes on in her life. To be honest, if she is actually wondering whether it is a good idea - or even possible - to stay up for 4 days straight, then she clearly needs a responsible adult in her life to help her make decisions, and her mother and aunt seem to be the ones available and willing.

Remember, we are only getting one side of the story, and a fairly confusing side at that. Those women may very well be caring, patient, understanding and supportive women for all we know. Again, we're only getting the side of someone who resents their input, but that input may be quite necessary. Answering T&E's questions is fine, but I don't think it is right to give unsolicited advice regarding her caregivers.

I agree with you.

I may have read more into your post than was there. I have seen posters (not saying you specifically) downplay the role her mother and aunt play in her life in some of her other threads, and I think I had that in the back of my mind as I read this thread. I apologize for mis-reading your post.

That's ok.

I just worked in an ER and with a DR and you would't believe how many clerks, DR's Nurses etc speak right over the patient or in this case their wife if they have some difficulties and another person is there. Shouldn't happen but it does! I was also a case manager with adults in a sheltered workshop when I first got out of school.

I simply wanted her to make sure she understood, since they will be going home alone and having the instructions given to her Mom and at a different level than they would be to her wouldn't help Tink. It's great her mom will be there to reinforce what is told to them but it needs told to them.

My son-in-law had his done on his lunch hour and went back to work for the rest of the day. But then, he's the one who finished a Half-Ironman Triathlon with a broken collarbone, so......

Is Florida like Ohio, in that they require both spouses to sign a release for the vasectomy? Can't imagine someone sneaking away to get that done without telling your spouse.

Not to talk down to the OP but the peas are to be used as ice packs on where they did the surgery. Bags of frozen peas are cheap and easier to manipulate than a bulky ice pack. Once the one he is using gets warm, get a new bag and refreeze that bag. Mark the "ice pack" peas so they DON"T GET EATEN.

He will be fine as will you.

I can't always hear him calling out to me and visa versa

You really are making into a bigger hole then it really is. It is a simple procedure as it's been said so far. He will rest and probably won't need to call you for anything, there is no need to stay up and not get sleep. You just need to stop worrying.

T&E, the doctor should have already said this, but make sure your DH has "supporting" underwear. Either "tighty whities" or a jock strap. That's one thing I forgot and DW had to run to wal-mart while I was getting snipped.

You find the internet to post your questions weekly. Please search vasectomy on the internet. Type in vasectomy recovery and it will tell you what to expect. As others said talk to the doctor prior to the procedure with a list of written down questions. Peas are great to use for ice as posters have mentioned.

There is no reason at all for you to wait on him 24 hours for all those days. Is he not planning on getting up to use the restroom in all those days? If he is then he is able to get a drink, get food, etc. Women have babies and are up moving around immediately. People have heart bypass surgery and are up within a couple of days walking around. You worry about people taking advantage of you and this is the prime example. There is no need for him to need to call anyone for anything during the middle of the night. You should not get up and take care of him. Take care of yourself so you can go do your volunteering which is so important to you.

You have the reasoning and ability to come post questions here. Take that ability, go research online vasectomies and write down questions. Ask the doctor if it is necessary for you to be at his beck and call for days on end. Bet he will tell your husband to grow a pair! Don't worry about him, worry about taking care of yourself and quit stressing over things like this! Staying up that long is not required for a much needed vasectomy.

You find the internet to post your questions weekly. Please search vasectomy on the internet. Type in vasectomy recovery and it will tell you what to expect. As others said talk to the doctor prior to the procedure with a list of written down questions. Peas are great to use for ice as posters have mentioned.

There is no reason at all for you to wait on him 24 hours for all those days. Is he not planning on getting up to use the restroom in all those days? If he is then he is able to get a drink, get food, etc. Women have babies and are up moving around immediately. People have heart bypass surgery and are up within a couple of days walking around. You worry about people taking advantage of you and this is the prime example. There is no need for him to need to call anyone for anything during the middle of the night. You should not get up and take care of him. Take care of yourself so you can go do your volunteering which is so important to you.

You have the reasoning and ability to come post questions here. Take that ability, go research online vasectomies and write down questions. Ask the doctor if it is necessary for you to be at his beck and call for days on end. Bet he will tell your husband to grow a pair! Don't worry about him, worry about taking care of yourself and quit stressing over things like this! Staying up that long is not required for a much needed vasectomy.

You are right in retrospect I chorus/ should have looked up this question. I am brighter and smarter then who I present online I just need to give my self room to think some times, and I do everyone a disease rice by not doing so.

When my husband had his the Dr told him to go home and put a bag of frozen peas on it. He was in bed the rest of that day and then he was fine. He should not be down for that long. I wasn't down that long after giving birth.

When my husband had his the Dr told him to go home and put a bag of frozen peas on it. He was in bed the rest of that day and then he was fine. He should not be down for that long. I wasn't down that long after giving birth.

Thanks it helps to know he won't be down long because we are doing it Thursday and his birthday is Sunday

He's lucky to have you!, Being so concerned about him.

You have gotten a bunch of good tips and things to remember to get and even a few first hand experiences.

Get your frozen peas, the underwear or jock strap, make your list of questions, make sure your Mom knows what time the appointment is and you should be set.

Spoil him Thursday night and maybe rent a movie to watch Friday night so you just take it easy, then he should be good to go. I hope you two have a nice day for his birthday.

You are right in retrospect I chorus/ should have looked up this question. I am brighter and smarter then who I present online I just need to give my self room to think some times, and I do everyone a disease rice by not doing so.

Truly a conundrum to me. Using "retrospect" and "present" so well.

OP, I hope your dh does well.

He's lucky to have you!, Being so concerned about him.

You have gotten a bunch of good tips and things to remember to get and even a few first hand experiences.

Get your frozen peas, the underwear or jock strap, make your list of questions, make sure your Mom knows what time the appointment is and you should be set.

Spoil him Thursday night and maybe rent a movie to watch Friday night so you just take it easy, then he should be good to go. I hope you two have a nice day for his birthday.

:thumbsup2

I am not sure if I should take that as a compliment or be insulted.

I am actually not sure myself. You got autocorrected using the words "of course" and "disservice" in an otherwise perfectly worded post. It truly does confuse me. In the interest of not getting points, I will leave it at that.

I am actually not sure myself. You got autocorrected using the words "of course" and "disservice" in an otherwise perfectly worded post. It truly does confuse me. In the interest of not getting points, I will leave it at that.

Thank you for posting what that was suppose to be. I have asked everyone in my house what they think "disease rice" is. I usually can figure it out, but that one stumped me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter