Star Wars: The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread. ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK

Jafar30

DIS Veteran
This thread will be used to discuss spoilers for The Force Awakens once it opens.

You know...I let my son watch revenge of the sith last night...the "good" one.

And after ten years...it REALLY sucked.

Just plain awful. The acting, dialogue, and editing are an insult to the human brain.

Dear god...5 days away and I hope to the dear space gods that they knew what they were doing. Don't screw this up Disney/Abrams.

You know...I let my son watch revenge of the sith last night...the "good" one.

And after ten years...it REALLY sucked.

Just plain awful. The acting, dialogue, and editing are an insult to the human brain.

Dear god...5 days away and I hope to the dear space gods that they knew what they were doing. Don't screw this up Disney/Abrams.

I think JJ Abrahms has been saying Alan Shepard's prayer every night for the last 6 months.

It seems there is fairly little interest in this little "thing" coming out this week...

You know - more concern about Dooney and Burke $289 bags for children and fireworks party schedules....the important stuff...:sad2:

BUT...big but...the 60 minutes interview last night was great...and the two online "overtime" clips are even better.

One is about John Williams...the other was Spielberg elaborating on how Abrams became the director.

They had someone else lined up because Kennedy had ruled out Abrams due to what they thought was lack of interest. And Spielberg took he and his wife out to dinner and basically pitched it and sealed the deal.

Being probably the most famous director on earth will do that.
What's interesting is that he is practically Lucas's best friend...and runs a rival entertainment company...but still got knee deep in this. That's interesting.

It seems there is fairly little interest in this little "thing" coming out this week...

You know - more concern about Dooney and Burke $289 bags for children and fireworks party schedules....the important stuff...:sad2:

BUT...big but...the 60 minutes interview last night was great...and the two online "overtime" clips are even better.

One is about John Williams...the other was Spielberg elaborating on how Abrams became the director.

They had someone else lined up because Kennedy had ruled out Abrams due to what they thought was lack of interest. And Spielberg took he and his wife out to dinner and basically pitched it and sealed the deal.

Being probably the most famous director on earth will do that.
What's interesting is that he is practically Lucas's best friend...and runs a rival entertainment company...but still got knee deep in this. That's interesting.

The "Williams" piece was awesome and watching JJ Abrams get "giddy as a school girl" hearing the music just made my day.

The "Williams" piece was awesome and watching JJ Abrams get "giddy as a school girl" hearing the music just made my day.

He really is a genius...like a modern Mozart that can watch an image and knew almost automatically what kind of sound needs to be attached. He doesn't it mostly on the fly.

I think that his two most impressive scores are for superman and ET...not even top five that many people think of...

Amazon "boo-boo'ed" last night and put the Mp3s out to those that pre-ordered. They sent a notification that your credit card had been dinged. If you went to the app or webpage really quick, you could get the mp3's. They apparently realized the error, and pulled the download option from all the tracks.

(not my desktop, but another user posted to reddit with the same scenario)
HxPUtje.jpg

That's cool. I saw the track list two weeks ago...which gives away more of the story than if they just let you listen to it.

They Could've prereleased the score...it would've sold more tickets without much harm.

I'll be downloading digital on Friday more...and undoubledly by disc at target also just because.

Have you seen the reviews? I'm tingling. I didn't read a one...but snapped up 5 philly/NYC/national papers and stashed them in my desk. The covers were enough.

ok, just back from the midnight screening, its now almost 3.30am I will do this in 2 parts, non spoiler and spoiler, so its up to you if you want to check out below

Lots of omg, thats from that film, that looks familiar etc etc.

My country, Ireland look AMAZING on the big screen

If you havent seen the originals and the prequels, you will enjoy it BUT you will miss lots of in jokes and references

There seems to be alot more humour in the script too

It carrys on the legacy... in more ways than one!!!

ok, now for the best bits

There is one major character missing and one major character dies

There is alot of symmetry between this film and the Lucas films, especially in the reveal of who Kylo Ren is and the use of a companion droid.

Domhnall Gleeson (son of Brendan Gleeson - Mad Eye Moody in Harry Potter) has a major role

Overall its basically a Star Wars fan geek compilation of all the best bits to introduce new characters and storylines.

There is one major unanswered question, which I think I have figured out , which basically sets up the next film

Last edited:
Domhnall Gleeson was also in Harry Potter. He was Bill Weasley.

Yes I know, but his dad is a major movie star over here, and people would recognise him more than Domhnall. I was just trying to use an example more people would know

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter