Star Wars Land

When do you think Star Wars Land will open?

• June

Votes: 32 78.0%
  • July

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • August

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters

Tmohar

Earning My Ears
I am trying to navigate through all of the SW threads. :scared:
If you were to guess: when would you say SW is going to open?
I know Disneyland has a habit of launching things in June.
What are your thoughts or current rumors I may have missed?

You are not the only one trying to guesstimate this. This thread has more information and other people's best guesses: Surviving Summer 2019 at Disneyland!. Disney has already announced "Summer" for DLR and "Fall" for WDW. Opinion here is swaying toward late May/early-mid June based on the pattern of AP blockouts with the 2019 calendar. It is highly doubtful that they will open in August 2019 unless something terrible happens to delay the finishing construction.

Last edited:

Someone at DL said to me recently that she's concerned that Signature APs will be blocked for months after SWL opens. I'm concerned too.
It’s opening next summer and signature doesn’t have any block outs schedules beyond this years December holidays. As of now based on the blockout calendar deluxe and lower are fully blocked from DL starting the third weekend of June and some regain access starting the week before/after D23.

Someone at DL said to me recently that she's concerned that Signature APs will be blocked for months after SWL opens. I'm concerned too.

This is what I’m very worried about too. I’ve bought a Signature AP as I want to be there on opening day. If Disney turn around and block their second most expensive AP I will be so mad. Shows their money grabbing ways which seem to becoming more and more frequent.

This is what I’m very worried about too. I’ve bought a Signature AP as I want to be there on opening day. If Disney turn around and block their second most expensive AP I will be so mad. Shows their money grabbing ways which seem to becoming more and more frequent.
I was joking about overpriced packages but not by much. I presume it will be additional cost and closed events.

Considering next summer's blockout calendar is already out and the deluxe pass is the one that received massive changes I highly doubt the signature is going to receive any changes at this point.

I was joking about overpriced packages but not by much. I presume it will be additional cost and closed events.

I do believe we are heading towards a paid FP/Maxpass to get into the land. Just pure speculation on my behalf. Obviously I don’t know anything for definite! My thoughts behind getting a Signature AP were the fact that I would still need a ticket to get into DL itself and then if I want to pay crazy money for entry (if Disney decide to go down that route!) then I can. Doing 2 trips within 7 months made sense to get one based on my calculations anyway.

Considering next summer's blockout calendar is already out and the deluxe pass is the one that received massive changes I highly doubt the signature is going to receive any changes at this point.

Thanks for trying to put my mind at rest! Just worried about the old terms and conditions that they can change the blackout calendars when they like. Such a worrier. I have to be when I’m not a local though - 12 hours on a plane for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter