Star Wars Hotel Pricing

I expected this to be expensive, but I wasn't expecting this high.
If you have 2 guests per cabin, the trip will cost you $1209 per guest, per night, for a total of $4809 for the 2 days.
3 guests per cabin get by for $5299.
Even if that includes all dining, drinks and a visit to an empty Galaxies Edge (don't know that it does), thats a lot of money.
Do you think there is that kind of demand.
The price is worth it if you actually go into space. Otherwise it is insane. :(

Where can I get info on those? I have only seen information on the rooms holding up to 4.

It's the same place where there's info on the 4 person room. They haven't provided the pricing details yet, but they have provided the room specifications.

Not sure I follow. If they can get people to pay those prices in Florida they surely could get Disneyland crowds to pay far more.

Disneyland is primarily a locals park, it's not a place people fly to from all over the country or the world (for the most part.)

So it's not suited to the typical DLR visitor, who is driving down for the day. It's a destination vacation idea, which isn't was DLR is at its core.

Lance is correct. It IS all about perspective. Some people will think it's a steal at the price, some people will say No way will they ever pay that much for a hotel and people will be every where else in between. People with kids won't attend now because of those kids or will plan on a stay without them or come when the kids are older.

Some people have the money and some people will take out a line of credit. It's up to them. But to think they are crazy for going or not going is wrong. Each is correct in their own little corner.

I did say this resort is Disney Institute 2.0. Disney did learn a few things like having a limited number of hotel rooms. They did or didn't by having a packed schedule. I'm pretty sure as the resort experience plays out they'll adjust and make changes as Disney feels they're needed. I really can't see everyone doing everything. I really can't see everyone going to this experience and doing everything on the schedule. Some people may not want to learn Sabacc so count them out of the Sabacc tournament. Or they know how to play. so they don't need to learn. I'm thinking that based on feedback between now and opening the itinerary will change a lot.

What do people with motion sickness do during the 3+ hours? What I'm curious to know is what happens when some people decide they want to visit other parts of Hollywood Studios? All they need to do is walk from SWGE to another part of the park. How will they get back to the resort? If they want to immerse everyone you wouldn't be able to see where you're headed from the inside of the bus. It does run through or next to the HS parking lot.

It's going to be an interesting year.

Did I miss something? Where’s the 3+ hours with potential motion sickness come in? Sorry I’m learning!

If they want to immerse everyone you wouldn't be able to see where you're headed from the inside of the bus. It does run through or next to the HS parking lot.
The bus or "Transport" will give you views of space, not the parking lot. It will feel like you depart the ship and land in GE so you will never see the parking lot on your trip.

This goes to space the same way that I'm a racing driver while playing Gran Turismo. :P
Isn't it awesome? But the thing is, I feel I am the exact person Disney is targeting. I immerse myself in all rides. I feel like I am a prisoner in ROTR and actually flying the real Millennium Falcon in Smugglers Run.

Did anyone try the VOID StarWars virtual experience in Disney Springs? We were blown away. It was only about 20-30 minutes but it transported me so far out of reality that when it was over took me a moment to get my bearings and remember I was in Orlando on vacation.

I expect this similarly uses technology to immerse our senses so deep it can be perceived as not only exotic but real as well. If anybody can do this on a level beyond what’s thought possible today, it is Imagineers.

So as far as price…sure we could go to Bali instead or a thousand other places that open our eyes to new perspectives. But this is the only one available today where we can vividly experience pioneering the galaxy. That’s pretty cool 😁

So has anyone else noticed the sample pricing states "For Voyage Departure Dates Most Weeknights: 8/20/2022 to 9/17/2022". But voyages begin in Spring 2022.

Mid-August - September is considered non-peak season in the parks, and generally is cheaper to book reservations on Disney Cruises as well.

This suggests the pricing we are seeing is not accurate to the Spring 2022 timeframe and when bookings open up, it will actually cost more. :crazy2:

Did I miss something? Where’s the 3+ hours with potential motion sickness come in? Sorry I’m learning!

Specifically the transport to HS, it will have no windows, only screens so the possibility of motion sickness in increased (Screen may not match what your actual movement is).

Still doesn’t collectively clock 3+ hrs though

What do people with motion sickness do during the 3+ hours? What I'm curious to know is what happens when some people decide they want to visit other parts of Hollywood Studios? All they need to do is walk from SWGE to another part of the park. How will they get back to the resort?

She's asking what is there to do for three hours in GE if you can't ride either ride. Legitimate question in my experience there. Answer is: shop a little maybe?

As far as what to do in Galaxy’s edge if you don’t like the rides, I was there for the first time last week and I have to say that I had a lot of fun with the missions in the data pad. I really enjoyed the little games and collecting credits, different outfits for my character, etc. I know it’s not for everyone but I assume that people that would be into an immersive experience like this would enjoy that aspect. Combine that with food, blue milk, some shopping and I could easily fill three hours. And that’s without the rides. Most people probably would be interested in doing the rides too.

Many who could afford it have stated (in and after many Youtube videos about the prices), that even if they stuck with a Disney vacation, for the Star Wars hotel rates, they'd rather take a week-long Disney Cruise or a 3-night Disney Cruise at the concierge level.

I too would rather see scenery of Alaska or Norway from my cruise cabin than Disney's attempt to replicate a window that looks out into space. That sounds claustrophobic to me. There are cruises that have space themes (about actual space), with astronomer guest speakers, telescopes on the top deck, and two cruise ships even have actual planetariums.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter