Star Wars Hotel Pricing

Well, this is actually less than I assumed given the rumored 3k per person and, although this might get me in trouble to say here given everyone else’s reaction, I thought the pricing was surprisingly reasonable on a relative basis to most things Disney lately. They included aspects I didn’t expect would be included or that they might have otherwise charged separately, and it’s not too different from other special treatment splurges that others engage in (club level, VIP). I’m strongly considering it.

Do you have any idea how many millions of people pack Comic Con in full SW gear every (non-covid) year? It's a lot.

That is true, however I can go to 5 Comic Cons for the price of this two night event. I do think it will sell out for a few months, but then I'm hoping the price will fall. I really want to do it, but I can't justify $5000. Maybe I would do $1500 if I could find 3 friends to split it with.

How much is Concierge Level at the GF per night? Then 2 dinners at V&A? Two of the very high-end princess make-up things? I’m trying to map sort of equivalent dining types, lodging and experiences. I really don’t think the prices are that out of line for what Disney is selling - a two-day immersive story.
What I want to know is just where you’re supposed to buy the costumes? Like the fancy correllian stuff you’re supposed to wear to dinner? All shop Disney sells is T-shirts.

So it looks like Disney is getting a lot of bad press from this. Instead of all the media outlets talking about how cool of an experience the hotel will be, they are talking about how absurd the prices are. Maybe that's what Disney wants??? I'm curious of other people's thoughts.

So it looks like Disney is getting a lot of bad press from this. Instead of all the media outlets talking about how cool of an experience the hotel will be, they are talking about how absurd the prices are. Maybe that's what Disney wants??? I'm curious of other people's thoughts.

Well, I’ll say this. Bob Chapek sure is making a name for himself!

Reactions: DCJ
I have a lot of friends VERY into Star Wars (my family included) and none of us are interested at that price. I don't like how it's scheduled every minute of the day (and I am a type A Disney planner), which really only amounts to a day and a half considering you have to arrive after 1 pm and you're gone by 9:30 on the last day. I'll be interested to see the reviews and such when it opens, but I'm not excited about the offerings on paper, especially at that price.

That is true, however I can go to 5 Comic Cons for the price of this two night event. I do think it will sell out for a few months, but then I'm hoping the price will fall. I really want to do it, but I can't justify $5000. Maybe I would do $1500 if I could find 3 friends to split it with.

But Comic Con is terrible.

I have a friend who has saved twice that amount for a stay there. There is definitely going to be a battle of the busy signal at whatever time they release the first reservations and for a long time after, IMO.
Remember though, those are just the starting prices for late August and early September.

You mention you friends saved twice that amount. You friend might need every penny.

That's about the cost of a cruise to stay in a closet. I guess, some people will like the experience. But with the price so high, I can't see how this won't disappoint.

Disney has done a great job turning the conversation from the experience to the price. Not where they want the focus to be.

I don't like how it's scheduled every minute of the day
The schedule looks quite packed. It will be interesting if you actually have choices of activities or its do this or nothing.
I've seen a lot of comparisons to a cruise. However, on a cruise, at any given time, there are multiple options to choose from.
From a food standpoint, while the photos make the food look interesting, it doesn't look close to a high end restaurant which its priced at.

Had a cruise booked for Dec next year.. Moved it up to July and now We are gonna do this at the beginning of are stay instead... So exicited when can we book???

The schedule looks quite packed. It will be interesting if you actually have choices of activities or its do this or nothing.
I've seen a lot of comparisons to a cruise. However, on a cruise, at any given time, there are multiple options to choose from.
From a food standpoint, while the photos make the food look interesting, it doesn't look close to a high end restaurant which its priced at.

We are sailing for 13 nights, family of 3 on DCL, for the same price as Disney wants for SW. No way we would pay these prices but I'm sure many will.

This reminds me of the old Disney Institute that was where Saratoga Springs is located.

My ex and I went there twice. The first time was about a month after it opened. We loved it. We could take as many “classes” as we could fit in over a 4 day period and oh boy, did we. After a year we went back. By then they started to find out that people mostly considered it a “one and done” experience. They weren’t seeing the projections pan out and instead of dropping the prices they began reducing the “experiences”.

Our first time we had taken 2 classes on Friday, 3 on Saturday, 3 on Sunday and 2 on Monday. We had dinner in the parks every night and saw the fireworks in MK and at Epcot too(we had/have AP’s). The class we had on Saturday/Sunday was a 2 part, 4 hours each titled “Imagineer It!: A real Disney Imagineer will help you to design your own theme park attraction.” It was hands on too. Day 2 was a behind the scenes tour of the Magic Kingdom led by an Imagineer. A lot of the classes were hand on using professional equipment.

It’s didn’t have any characters. How do you tell a child “No, you won’t see Mickey.” Or “We’re not going to The Magic Kingdom or EPCOT.” A year later many of the classes were dropped or shortened in length. Imagineer It! was 1 day without the theme park portion. Disney must have been thinking “Since it’s 1 and done, we can reduce the experiences and no one will notice. But then too, no one knew the power of the Internet which was just starting up and people were giving it bad reviews, especially when they discovered the experiences were watered down. It closed in 2002 and was repurposed as Saratoga Springs.

I think SWGC is following the same model. Keep the pricing where it is. Pack every day with activities Disney wants you to do. Based on “feedback” and attendance at specific events in the schedule they will drop the ones nobody cares for. I give it 4 to 5 years and it will be repurposed into a new resort even if it keeps a Star Wars theme. There’s a lot of room east of the resort so Disney can add more rooms and make it a sizeable resort.

Disney has done a great job turning the conversation from the experience to the price. Not where they want the focus to be.

YOU brought it up! You said, "I can do 5 crappy things for the price of this one thing." A strange point to make.

There are plenty of other good things you could do with that money, of course. But that's not the point.

People keep complaining, "I could go to Europe for this for a week! I could go to Hawaii!" etc.

Then DO those things. life is about choices. Some things cost a lot of money. Live your life, do what you want. I've been to Europe and Hawaii. I'll go to both places again. I'll also go to the Starcruiser.

Yes, it's pricey and that's a drag. Everything in life has a cost. It's up to you to make your choices. But doing apples and oranges comparisons is completely meaningless. I could buy $5000 packs of Juicy Fruit for the cost of this trip! So what?

Based on the sample schedule, there's no way you'd do all those activities. They are little blocked a half-hour apart. No way some of those are merely 30 minutes or that you could possibly cram them all in at the listed times while racing breathlessly through the halls.

I'm sure it will be "pick and choose" between several options at different times of day.

I was wondering that too. Everyone who goes to one of the Disney parks has different ideas of what they like to do. This is a hotel not an amusement park, so will be interesting to see how that works out. Would imagine some who stay there will still want to go to Epcot or Magic Kingdom as well. It seems very pricey, but being a small hotel, perhaps they will get enough guests to make it viable.

I'm sure you have a choice of whether or not you want to do an activity, but I'm curious what the alternative is. Will they have a bar that's open all the time, a game room, a pool?

I personally hope they pack the schedule to help justify that price tag. I want to have fully immersive missions and and tasks available all day, kind of like an open world game come to life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter