• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend ** Check-In ** January 15-18, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belle Ella

DIS Veteran

Will you be participating in any of the inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend events? Drop by here so we can share tips, encouragement, and planning details with one another!

SWHM_announcements.png

Registration is still available inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend through Charity Groups and Travel Providers.

SWHM_entryfees.png

The Half Marathon, 10K, 5K and kids races are all sold out

Star Wars Wookiee Welcome Party 74% full
  • $99
  • Under 3 - $0

ChEAR Squad 52% full
  • Bronze - $0
  • Silver - $45
  • Gold - $69
  • Platinum - $99

SWHM_events.png

In a Galaxy not so far away, runners, Wookiees, Ewoks, Jedi, and Stormtroopers from across the galaxy are invited to test their training in half marathon, 10K, 5K, and kids races at the Disneyland Resort.

May the course be with you.

SWHM_thursday.png

runDisney Health & Fitness Expo
Disneyland Hotel Exhibit Hall

• Packet pick up
  • Official race merchandise
  • Speaker series
  • Exhibitors offering apparel and fitness items, gadgets and nutritional products

Star Wars Wookiee Welcome Party
9:30pm - 11:30pm
Disneyland Park

• Private Party in Tomorrowland
  • Character Meet & Greets with Star Wars characters and classic Disney characters in Star Wars costumes
  • Entertainment
  • Dessert Reception
  • Select attractions open including Space Mountain, Star Tours, Astro Orbitor, and Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
  • subject to change

more information coming soon

SWHM_friday.png

Star Wars 5K
5:30 am
Start/Finish: Disneyland

• Course map to come ...
  • Star Wars Characters, Disney characters and on-course entertainment
  • Participants receive a unisex tee, finisher medallion, and digital event guide

SWHM_saturday.png

Star Wars 10K
Feel the power of the Force!
Start/Finish: Disneyland Resort

• Course map to come ...
  • Timed 10K course through the Disneyland Resort
  • Star Wars characters, Disney characters, and entertainment on course
  • Participants receive Champion long-sleeved tech shirt (women's or men's cut), 10K Finisher medal, iGiftBag, personalzied bib (if registered by October 10, 2014), on-course and post-race refreshments, live runner tracking for friends and family

You must be registered for the Star Wars Rebel Challenge in order to receive in order to receive the Star Wars Rebel Challenge Finishers medal.

runDisney Kids Races
Simba Parking Lot near Downtown Disney District

SWHM_sunday.png

Star Wars Half Marathon
The Power of the Force meets the Magic of Disney
Start/Finish: Disneyland Resort

• Timed half marathon race
  • 13.1 mile course through Disneyland Resort and the surrounding area
  • Star Wars characters, Disney characters, and entertainment on course
  • Family Reunion Area with live entertainment and characters at the Finish Line
  • Participants receive a commemorative Finishers medal, Champion long-sleeved tech shirt (women's or men's cut), digital event guide, iGiftBag, personalized bib (must register by October 10, 2014), on-course and post-race refreshments, live runner tracking for friends and family, personalized results website

You must be registered for the Star Wars Rebel Challenge in order to receive in order to receive the Star Wars Rebel Challenge Finishers medal.

a10099fbd37be49facd8d8efbef28eb9.jpg
271ff85d348b960485527e39bb4ad29c.jpg

Our DIS Runners
coming soon

Star Wars Half Marathon:

• 3Minnies1Mickey
• aquamindy
• BelleProfHP
• Bouncin-Tigger
• E's Mommy
• fairymum
• HTHgal12
• Jackie Skellington
• kirkaliciasmom
• liesel
• Little c Travel
• MotoXPrincess99
• MousekaReady
• OhioStateBuckeye
• sdlipton
• Shunasee

Rebel Challenge:

• adykate
• adpibri
• Belle Ella
• bellrae
• BOLTZPRIDE
• butiflfeet
• CynthiaRebeca
• dadofnicholas
• Dis_Yoda
• elcid3
• greens_in_WA
• hipporina
• honeylove
• jeanigor
• JoanneAZ
• kim3339
• kirstie101
• littlesparkler
• ludari
• moose615
• NiceOneSimba
• Outonarun
• Peytonthe1st
• PrincessMira
• Pucka1378
• Sleepless Knight
• stitch4336
• swooshbear
• sunflare
• Viva Las Disney

Star Wars 10K:

• AquaDame
• boo72
• Bouncin-Tigger
• BwoZoo22
• disdadIL
• Electric Goddess
• maux
• minnieandmickey
• Ocelot
• ryleeranger

Star Wars 5K:

• Bouncin-Tigger
• cinabc
• disdadIL
• elcid3
• Jackie Skellington
• jeanigor
• JoanneAZ
• kim3339
• ludari
• moose615
• Outonarun
• pikaboo27
• stitch4336
• Viva Las Disney
• Wcpedorc

17a9c4c13ecfea86be68ff415734d065.jpg

So according to runDisney's twitter account, AP and DVC early registration will open on June 4th at 9 am PST, while regular registration will open on June 10th at 9 am PST, and breaks down like this:

Half marathon: $195
10K: $105
Rebel Challenge (half and 10K): $320
5K: $70

I can't wait to register for this! DH and I will be doing the Rebel Challenge. And I already booked us a room for the weekend :rotfl2:

Yay!! Thanks for the thread Miss Jessica! :goodvibes I'm in for the Rebel Challenge and C2C so long as I can get in. Staying at BWPPI, good rates right now. I really want to do the 5k too, but w/ Dopey the week before and the 10th for DL in Aug/Sept, would rather use the day for the one. Another week of nothing but Disney! :mickeyjum:darth::ewok::chewy::yoda:

I can't wait to register for this! DH and I will be doing the Rebel Challenge. And I already booked us a room for the weekend :rotfl2:

Way to be on the ball! If my friend manages to make this work out (she'll be visiting from DC) I'm gonna see if she wants to stay on site. Otherwise, we'll just drive in, but being a local can be a pain the rear! Can't start booking those hotels this early, shucks.

Yay!! Thanks for the thread Miss Jessica! :goodvibes I'm in for the Rebel Challenge and C2C so long as I can get in. Staying at BWPPI, good rates right now. I really want to do the 5k too, but w/ Dopey the week before and the 10th for DL in Aug/Sept, would rather use the day for the one. Another week of nothing but Disney! :mickeyjum:darth::ewok::chewy::yoda:

:cool1: It's always an exciting feeling to have a new runDisney thread, haha! I've been getting antsy with how long we still have before Tink registration opens up. They picked a good day to announce it. And glad to have you drop in! But I will bow down to you if you do the Rebel Challenge after running Dopey the week before. Literally. Bow. Down. Keep us posted if you can get in or not.

Right now my plan is to do the Rebel Challenge and the 5K. I should be fine money wise, but I've got to rely on my friend getting me in for the AP registration on time because I have to leave for work at 9:30 am, oops! Maybe I should try and push my shift back a little bit ...

My husband & I are in for the Rebel Challenge + 5K.

Good thing we are DVC & will be able to register early. I know we won't be able to stay on points this trip but guess we finally get to check out Disneyland's hotels. This will be my husband first trip to Disneyland as well & my second (1st was just a day trip in a middle of an interview)

My husband & I are in for the Rebel Challenge + 5K.

Good thing we are DVC & will be able to register early. I know we won't be able to stay on points this trip but guess we finally get to check out Disneyland's hotels. This will be my husband first trip to Disneyland as well & my second (1st was just a day trip in a middle of an interview)

:thumbsup2 Welcome aboard!

*~*

So just to get some discussion going, has everyone already participated in any runDisney events? And other half marathons? What got you started?

So just to get some discussion going, has everyone already participated in any runDisney events? And other half marathons? What got you started?

We did the Happy Haunted Trails 5K last October. This October we are signed up for Tower of Terror 10 Miler as our very first long race but I'm using a half-marathon training plan for it. This will be our first half marathon but if we are going all that way, may as well go for all the races. :rotfl:

Looking at the calendar, I should be able to 'restart' the training program about a week after I get home from that race so I can have a bit of recovery/laziness.

I got started because I need something to motivate me to continue to be healthy. Saying I need to lose weight doesn't really work for me but I need a goal. Having to finish a race lower than a 16 min mile is a workable goal.

I ran the Enchanted 10k at the Disney Princess Half this year, and acted as Sparkle Minion for DF during the half. (She ran both!) It was my first Disney race, but not hers. In fact, until last weekend, she had ONLY run Disney races!

I'm certainly not a runner, but it was a lot of fun. We talked about doing the Avenger half, but the timing wasn't right. This one, though...we're both strongly tempted. I'm leaning toward going at this point. Again, I probably just run the 10k. Don't know if DF will go for the Rebel Challenge. (Too expensive for my tastes!)

I'm addicted, it started when I stumbled across a RunDisney post on the DIS about a year ago.

My first race was the Neverland 5k last January, I'm doing the Disneyland 10k in August and the Avengers will be my first half marathon.

I'm definitely doing Star Wars but leaning towards the 10k, it's been in the 100's the last few weeks in Vegas and my half training has been a choice between risking heat stroke or being bored on a treadmill.

As Jessica knows, I have not done any runs of ANY sort.... I am signed up for the Avengers 5K in November and my boys are a bit annoyed with Mommy for not including them, so I am going to try my hardest to get us all registered for this one. I am SO EXCITED! We love Star Wars!

Checking in. I will be doing the Rebel Challenge. It will be a huge challenge, as I am going to do Dopey the weekend before!!

Races I have done:
DL Half -2013
Honolulu Marathon - 2013
Tinkerbell10K - 2014
Tinkerbell Half - 2014
Cinderella Family 5k - 2014
Glass Slipper Challenge-2014

Races I am registered for:
TOT 10mile
Wine and Dine
Avengers 5K and Half
Dopey

I am trying to figure out how I am going to do the Castaway Cay Challenge. However, if I do that, I will have to skip the Star Wars 5k. Hmmmm.

Always exciting to hear about a new runDisney race - especially in DL!
I have run other races (non-Disney) and am hoping that Tinkerbell 2015 will be my first runDisney experience, though I am a bit nervous about how quickly they sell out. I plan to be poised on the registration page on the morning of Aug 12!

For those in the know about runDisney, I have a few questions:
*Will there ever be a full marathon at DL?
*Why did they move the Neverland 5k from a night-time race to morning?
*Will they eventually add a "challenge" to the Tinkerbell (like the Dumbo Double Dare and the new Rebel Challenge)?

Thanks for any answers or guesses! :goodvibes

Always exciting to hear about a new runDisney race - especially in DL! I have run other races (non-Disney) and am hoping that Tinkerbell 2015 will be my first runDisney experience, though I am a bit nervous about how quickly they sell out. I plan to be poised on the registration page on the morning of Aug 12! For those in the know about runDisney, I have a few questions: *Will there ever be a full marathon at DL? *Why did they move the Neverland 5k from a night-time race to morning? *Will they eventually add a "challenge" to the Tinkerbell (like the Dumbo Double Dare and the new Rebel Challenge)? Thanks for any answers or guesses! :goodvibes

I'm posting from my phone at work so I'll do better responses later (love the input so far), but to answer your questions:

1. I highly doubt a full marathon at DLR. We are a MUCH smaller property and a full marathon would involve a lot more road closures, traffic issues, park hour issues, etc. The half marathons wreak enough havoc as it is for locals and for cast members too. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a full here but logistically it would be a nightmare. WDW is lucky that they have so much space to make it happen.

2. I've wondered the same thing. I'm hoping to attend a runDisney presentation tomorrow night so maybe I can learn something about why this happened. My best guess is the logistical issues they had in clearing the parks, what to do with strollers, etc. My roomie was working guest control for the first year and she said it was pretty uncoordinated.

3. A challenge for Tink is certainly possible. A lot of speculation out there is that they are waiting for an anniversary year (so possibly 2016).

Gotta get back to work, hope that helps!

And if I get to attend the presentation tomorrow I will share any insight I'm allowed to ;) Considering we can bring non-CM guests I don't know that we'll get too many behind the scenes information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter